• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 1 Brentford | Saturday 11th February | KO: 15:00 GMT |

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalBrentford2122.jpg

That was our most dreadful performance in the league since that collapse at Newcastle at the backend of last season.

It is imperative we win this or doubts will start to creep and there can be no doubt in a title race especially against City, a declining one, nonetheless, otherwise when doubt creep in, especially in a young side like ours, you have yourself another title bottle job. But we should see off Brentford at home fairly easily.

Screenshot-20230204-170422.png

Screenshot-20230204-170436.png

Screenshot-20230204-170447.png

Screenshot-20230204-172923.png

White and Martinelli shouldn't see to he pitch, abeg.

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Brentford

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You know that Wenger mural we have at the training ground now...

12d939d17b53a04d3cf6040806e1651869c83fa3.png

We genuinely should paint this in a speech bubble from Arsène...

Don't. ****. This. Up. You. Bastards.

...just to make sure the players know how important this run in is!

IrishGooner93

Think the talk about our system being figured out and a blueprint being set by Dyche is premature. It was a new manager bounce against a manager who is fantastic at locking us up , and in previous games. Plus the team played poorly. There was similar talk after Newcastle and we put three past utd and two past Sp**s. with missed chances too.
I remember before Xmas the team went on a run scoring like 5 goals in 7 games. Before clicking again. It happens , especially with such a young attack.
Worst case scenario is even if the team has been figured out, again unlikely, then we will adapt. All teams in this position have to and usually do after a while. If we can see it then Arteta can and will adjust.

Badger_Revenge

Dyche didn't "figure out" the Arsenal attack. Arsenal had their chances but they just were not as incisive as usual in and around the box. The weight of the passes was often off, runners hesitated, finishing was off. Dyche did let Martinelli continually run into corners. They need to have a better plan than to just leave him isolated out there like that - find a way to move the ball quicker. I thought Saka was generally pretty dangerous. They also kicked Ødegaard quite a bit - but it's not the first team to shadow him like that.

Arsenal were just sloppy and gave Everton the initiative with pointless give aways, which led the crowd into the game. Dyche decided to lean into the strength of the team by pressing high, playing wide and crossing into the box. Then Arsenal had to defend corners, which we have been very good at over the last two years, but this time Everton continually went far post and there were mismatches. Ødegaard got bullied by Tarkowski for the goal.

A poor performance against a motivated team.

I'm guessing Arsenal come out a bit on fire after that performance. Brentford are a good side, but they don't have a great record away from home - only 2 wins, 11 points from 10 matches.

Uncle Good-Advice

I'm guessing Arsenal come out a bit on fire after that performance. Brentford are a good side, but they don't have a great record away from home - only 2 wins, 11 points from 10 matches.
This and with our almost flawless record at the Emirates even at the most pessimistic scenario I can't see us losing this game and I'm surprised so many here predicting a defeat.

Sure, they're flying high right now, that is why I don't think they are going to come here to defend and abandon their gameplan which will definitely suit us. I expect a cracking game but our better quality will make a difference in the end.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Brentford are in great form since the turn of the year actually. They havent lost a game yet in their last 5 matches played.

Frank is also a top manager, and would have taken the Everton learnings onboard. If there is an area where they would be more of a threat, it would be at the set piece. Think that far post routine of Everton has created some doubt in the player minds. But from open play, Im not too concerned with our ability.

Could be a nervy game, but I think it is likely to be a repeat of our last game post loss. Confident and an improvement on our prior mistakes made.

ThePortugueseGunner

City's loss at Tottenham gave us a second life that we must take advantage of. Besides, with all the stuff going around their club and us playing first, we must absolutely seize the opportunity we have to get 3 more points over them.

Brentford are a well-organized team and I don't think it will be an easy game, but we can't let this one go. We must answer our last loss with a win to build confidence back up and stay on top.

Uncle Good-Advice

Frank is also a top manager, and would have taken the Everton learnings onboard. If there is an area where they would be more of a threat, it would be at the set piece.
Do you think Brentford are going to be more dangerous on set pieces than Everton? If so then we're in trouble because in my opinion Everton were fantastic. We are not pushovers at defending set pieces (no headed goal conceded before Lisandro's fluky goal) and still they made us look like a Sunday league team.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Do you think Brentford are going to be more dangerous on set pieces than Everton? If so then we're in trouble because in my opinion Everton were fantastic. We are not pushovers at defending set pieces (no headed goal conceded before Lisandro's fluky goal) and still they made us look like a Sunday league team.

I think that ball to the far post, with their biggest players making runs to attack the ball, really had us on the day. I do think we are working on that behind the scenes.

But yes, it does concern me a bit.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Everton’s set pieces were actually on the money each time. Dyche obviously felt he had an advantage at the back post with the physical players Everton had. Will be interesting to see if Arteta changes anything for the Brentford game

Tom Mix

Nobody wants to accept the truth. However unpalatable it might be, it was the team selection in the cup game at City which did for us at Everton. Partey's injury and Arteta's refusal to leave him on the bench were crucial in us losing control of the midfield.

Everton didn't suddenly become a great team, they played well - other than in attack - within their capabilities and we were well below our best, reactive and unimaginative. We could still have got something out of the game nonetheless.

Equally Arsenal haven't suddenly become a poor team. I expect a reaction from us, the way Everton reacted on Saturday, and I expect a win. We can't expect City to trip up every time we do.

Arteta will play the same XI, he's not one for mixing it much is he? I'd start Tomiyasu ahead of White and might even start Trossard ahead of Martinelli.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Nobody wants to accept the truth. However unpalatable it might be, it was the team selection in the cup game at City which did for us at Everton. Partey's injury and Arteta's refusal to leave him on the bench were crucial in us losing control of the midfield.

Everton didn't suddenly become a great team, they played well - other than in attack - within their capabilities and we were well below our best, reactive and unimaginative. We could still have got something out of the game nonetheless.

Equally Arsenal haven't suddenly become a poor team. I expect a reaction from us, the way Everton reacted on Saturday, and I expect a win. We can't expect City to trip up every time we do.

Arteta will play the same XI, he's not one for mixing it much is he? I'd start Tomiyasu ahead of White and might even start Trossard ahead of Martinelli.
Agree it was stupid, knocked out in hhe end and am injury to one of our main players.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Just win here and Everton is forgotten, drop more points and we should then be worried, but I don't think we will.

Love how that it feels we already have at least 2nd place wrapped up this early, even if we go on a realistic bad run for this side I don't think United have the quality to catch us anyway...shows how well we have done, players have been brilliant.

KarlAFC

Such a reprieve following Saturday's result.

Really need this win in any fashion. Glad we're playing a full day ahead of both United and City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom