• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 1 Brentford | Saturday 11th February | KO: 15:00 GMT |

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalBrentford2122.jpg

That was our most dreadful performance in the league since that collapse at Newcastle at the backend of last season.

It is imperative we win this or doubts will start to creep and there can be no doubt in a title race especially against City, a declining one, nonetheless, otherwise when doubt creep in, especially in a young side like ours, you have yourself another title bottle job. But we should see off Brentford at home fairly easily.

Screenshot-20230204-170422.png

Screenshot-20230204-170436.png

Screenshot-20230204-170447.png

Screenshot-20230204-172923.png

White and Martinelli shouldn't see to he pitch, abeg.

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Brentford

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I'd prefer to beat them to the title on merit rather than because of a points deduction.

I get what you're saying, but if they do get a point deduction it's literally because they were cheating to get there. The whole foundation for them being where they are in the league has eroded, they're ostensibly using fake money to boost the quality of their squad.

You don't have to beat cheaters to solidify yourself as champions. The entire league as already acknowledged how good you are, I doubt many will see this as a fluke even if City get smashed by the league.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

I doubt many will see this as a fluke even if City get smashed by the league.
Can't help but feel as though there's a portion (even on AM, no less) who will see it exactly as a fluke :lol:

I've read many times on here already - and even recently - about how lucky we are/have been up until now. Leicester-esque, etc.

There's any element of luck in every result anyhow. What's undoubtable except to the most ignorant is that we are a very serious team. If we win the league, it will be because we deserved it.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Brentford will be prepared for us come Saturday, they will give us a game of note.

But the boys will also be ready, so it should be a good game.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Martinelli doesn't have a good performance without Jesus. For the match difficult like Everton, I want to try using Trossard at CF. I think Trossard can do the same thing like Jesus.
Trossard can switch the role with Martinelli

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
I get what you're saying, but if they do get a point deduction it's literally because they were cheating to get there. The whole foundation for them being where they are in the league has eroded, they're ostensibly using fake money to boost the quality of their squad.

You don't have to beat cheaters to solidify yourself as champions. The entire league as already acknowledged how good you are, I doubt many will see this as a fluke even if City get smashed by the league.
Yeah that's a great point. Just want the less logical to not have any ammunition to downplay our possible title win.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
There is a lot wrong with that Owen brochure, but him describing himself as "Cool" and "Good Looking" is as hilarious as it is stupid 🤣

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Brentford is in great form. Someone must convince me that thats irrelevant.

Man United were in great form and we smashed them at home. It's not irrelevant but we've turned the Emirates into a fortress this season.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Nobody wants to accept the truth. However unpalatable it might be, it was the team selection in the cup game at City which did for us at Everton. Partey's injury and Arteta's refusal to leave him on the bench were crucial in us losing control of the midfield.

Everton didn't suddenly become a great team, they played well - other than in attack - within their capabilities and we were well below our best, reactive and unimaginative. We could still have got something out of the game nonetheless.

Equally Arsenal haven't suddenly become a poor team. I expect a reaction from us, the way Everton reacted on Saturday, and I expect a win. We can't expect City to trip up every time we do.

Arteta will play the same XI, he's not one for mixing it much is he? I'd start Tomiyasu ahead of White and might even start Trossard ahead of Martinelli.

That's because no else thinks that way.

Tom Mix

That's because no else thinks that way.
It's still the truth whether they want to think that way or not. We effed up (Mikel effed up) and paid for it. Luckily City didn't take advantage but if we lose the league by a point or two I know which game will have been to blame.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
It's still the truth whether they want to think that way or not. We effed up (Mikel effed up) and paid for it. Luckily City didn't take advantage but if we lose the league by a point or two I know which game will have been to blame.
We've still got 18 games to go & we have no clue about how they will go. We may have more games we drop points in where we shouldn't do or we might win games where we were the worse side.

We cant really say right now that if we miss out on the title its because of Everton away, that's just crazy talk.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Nah, it ain't. You've been over thinking this thing for a while now.

Tom Mix

Nah, it ain't. You've been over thinking this thing for a while now.
Tis. I have. Ever since I saw the daft comments here that we should play a strong side at City in the cup so we could have a narrow defeat and we should risk some of our top players even if they are injury-plagued and (currently) irreplaceable in the starting line-up for games we need to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom