• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Question I would ask is.

Why bring Barca, Madrid, Juve into the mix when you are streets ahead of them when it comes to PL financing? The top 6/7 are already part of its own super league if you think about it.
Madrid are financially up there with the richest PL clubs, reputation wise them and Barcelona are ahead even which PL clubs know and acknowledge unlike your average English fan.

They're just pooling their interest basically, United and Liverpool know they can make more by being in the same boat as Madrid Juve or Inter than with jokers like Wolves and Brentford.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Goodbye From Riou being posted on A-M, RAWK, Redcafe etc.

Yup.

I will just sign on with "The Fighting ****" (fitting forum for me) and laugh at Sp**s every now and then about them still being ****...

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Any English politician supporting this could probably pack his bags. This is not a vote winner. In fact, I'm a bit surprised that the last debacle didn't prompt legislation to specifically hinder any English club joining a Super League.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Any English politician supporting this could probably pack his bags. This is not a vote winner. In fact, I'm a bit surprised that the last debacle didn't prompt legislation to specifically hinder any English club joining a Super League.

Isnt there supposed to be new legislation concerning this announced this week?

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Madrid are financially up there with the richest PL clubs, reputation wise them and Barcelona are ahead even which PL clubs know and acknowledge unlike your average English fan.

They're just pooling their interest basically, United and Liverpool know they can make more by being in the same boat as Madrid Juve or Inter than with jokers like Wolves and Brentford.

I think the Liverpool fan board (or whatever its called) can veto stuff like this.

Tom Mix

This is what it always was, an attempt by Barcelona and Real Madrid (especially the latter) to recover and cement their position as the biggest clubs in the world, a position which they achieved through having much more money than anyone else, graft and bending the rules to suit them and now that others have overtaken them financially they are crying"foul!".

Does nobody find it odd how Real Madrid first came to prominence as a mega-rich side in a country which was backwards and impoverished at the time? Just look at how they did it and you'll understand.

Spanish clubs have suffered for years from the unfairness with which television revenues are "shared" between them. At one point the duopolists received 95% of all tv money, not sure what the share is now. They used, of course, the circular reasoning of mountebanks and scoundrels: people want to watch us because we are the biggest clubs and we are the biggest clubs because we have the best players and we have the best players because we have more money than the others. Of course that is the argument for them to get even more money, at the expense of others, to make the disparity even bigger.

These teams don't want competition. They want to win everything themselves. They stole our players for years with impunity and now the football boot is on the other foot. Maybe instead of a super league they could become the WWF of football? Scripted games and competitions where they take it in turn to win? Or the Harlem Globetrotters of football? Allegedly so good they win every game except of course they only beat stooges and fall guys. Real Madrid v The Patsies, what a game that would be.

As for Juventus, they don't even deserve a mention. Are they even the biggest club in Italy?

There is a super league and it's called the Premier League so suck on that, dispossessed gentry. The English clubs should steer clear of anything led by these verminous entities and cooperate with UEFA so that if ever anything comes of this we are the good guys and we influence how it happens.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They'll win alot of people if they fix CL format than creating thier own super league.

If they make top 6 leagues in europe each league 5-6 teams can qualify to CL you'll see alot of people will like it. It'll be unfair to other leagues in europe but lets be honest they adding nothing in CL always suffer heavy loses and still losing thier best players. europa league is the right competition for them.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

This is what it always was, an attempt by Barcelona and Real Madrid (especially the latter) to recover and cement their position as the biggest clubs in the world, a position which they achieved through having much more money than anyone else, graft and bending the rules to suit them and now that others have overtaken them financially they are crying"foul!".

Does nobody find it odd how Real Madrid first came to prominence as a mega-rich side in a country which was backwards and impoverished at the time? Just look at how they did it and you'll understand.

Spanish clubs have suffered for years from the unfairness with which television revenues are "shared" between them. At one point the duopolists received 95% of all tv money, not sure what the share is now. They used, of course, the circular reasoning of mountebanks and scoundrels: people want to watch us because we are the biggest clubs and we are the biggest clubs because we have the best players and we have the best players because we have more money than the others. Of course that is the argument for them to get even more money, at the expense of others, to make the disparity even bigger.

These teams don't want competition. They want to win everything themselves. They stole our players for years with impunity and now the football boot is on the other foot. Maybe instead of a super league they could become the WWF of football? Scripted games and competitions where they take it in turn to win? Or the Harlem Globetrotters of football? Allegedly so good they win every game except of course they only beat stooges and fall guys. Real Madrid v The Patsies, what a game that would be.

As for Juventus, they don't even deserve a mention. Are they even the biggest club in Italy?

There is a super league and it's called the Premier League so suck on that, dispossessed gentry. The English clubs should steer clear of anything led by these verminous entities and cooperate with UEFA so that if ever anything comes of this we are the good guys and we influence how it happens.

Some good points but you have to remember that UEFA is one of the worst organisations on the planet.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Hope this gets done soon, sick of Southamptons and Tottenhams who nobody gives a **** about buying good players.

Any other country but England people like Dyche are in prison. Look at the state of Everton fans the other day ffs, these animals get to watch their club buy the best players off smaller clubs abroad, give them racial abuse then go home shag their sisters. Hope some dodgy American consortium comes in and destroys the league better yet sport for good.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The big English clubs have seen the backlash their fans their fans gave them for trying to pull this nonsense before. It just won't fly.

Revamp the CL or whatever, I don't care. But Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool etc are English clubs and should play in the English league. Same as Barca / Real and Bayern should play in there's.

Instead of trying to screw their own leagues Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve etc should be looking at ways to put out a better / more watchable product if they want increased revenues.

Arsenal leaving for some jumped up European Super League is realistically the only scenario that I'd stop supporting the club and I wouldn't be the only one. There would be an English fan revolt.

It would kill the English game and that's much more important to me than Arsenal making a few quid extra playing Sevilla away on a Sunday afternoon.

Last edited:

Tom Mix

Some good points but you have to remember that UEFA is one of the worst organisations on the planet.
I wouldn't disagree with that. But they do have a lot of legal force. I don't think the super league rebels will ever have enough clout to merit swinging behind them and against UEFA. End of the day these are rival clubs wanting the show to be run in a way that suits them.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If there is relegation/promotion/sporting merit in this new incarnation of the super league would be really be against it? That was the main issue with the first proposal for it.

Tom Mix

They'll win alot of people if they fix CL format than creating thier own super league.

If they make top 6 leagues in europe each league 5-6 teams can qualify to CL you'll see alot of people will like it. It'll be unfair to other leagues in europe but lets be honest they adding nothing in CL always suffer heavy loses and still losing thier best players. europa league is the right competition for them.
I know what I'd do if I was the rest of the countries. I'd ban transfers to and from those 6 leagues and I would ban them from showing those games on any channel in their countries. And if you're going to say that would be unfair, breach of commercial law etc then I'd have to say that the suggestion to permanently enshrine 6 leagues as the best for ever is unfair and probably breaches some cartel or monopolies act somewhere.

Top Bottom