• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Just reading twitter and loads complaining about people complaining. Acknowledging our poor form and results atm isnt taking away from the season we've had to date. Both points are valid and completely accurate. And im sure Arteta and the players are acutely aware that we are not reaching the standards we've set throughout the season. And they'll be aware that reaching that standard is going to become more difficult given we play City next and could be knocked off top spot.

Medals aren't handed out yet. If we want one we need to very quickly begin putting maximum points on the board.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Only one man can save us now..

0_Arsenal-London-vs-Vitoria-Guimaraes-United-Kingdom-24-Oct-2019.jpg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
My guy @A__G saw the pen get given in the last minute v Leeds and just stopped watching in anger without waiting to see the outcome 🤣

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
You need to get the points in games when you’re not on top. I don’t accept the “we didn’t deserve to win cause they were better“ narrative. The only game we won this season when we were second best was Leeds. We were on course for doing that against Brentford but VAR robbed us of that. Champions have loads of games they win despite being second best.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
City playing without the inverted thing, with 2 pivots in a classic 4231/343 and they look much better. Lol Pep slowly going to classic football. I think they will win against us, much better shape than our bad form without goals.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
City playing without the inverted thing, with 2 pivots in a classic 4231/343 and they look much better. Lol Pep slowly going to classic football. I think they will win against us, much better shape than our bad form without goals.
Always going to happen.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Think its a combination of wannabe fortune tellers out here, setting up their "I told you so" in the event things dont work out on Wednesday.

That combined with people who are buying into media nonsense. They are falling for the "Arsenal <insert convenient month> collapse" talk from the media.

The reality is that yes we are struggling at the moment, but it still takes a monumental effort to stop us. Even Brentford, the leagues most form side right now, who cannot be broken down by teams, were opened up by us because they switched off for a second. Everton had to play the best game of probably their last 2 seasons to stop us, and they had to do it via a set piece routine, after failing to take advantage of their limited advantages in open play.

That is what we bring to the table.

Of course the City game will be difficult, and yes we can lose it on Wednesday. But to genuinely believe that we will lose because City are having a superb game against Villa today and we dropped points is silly talk IMO. I wonder what these same fortune tellers would be saying had we delivered the 3 points yesterday.

It will be a massive test, but we will be ready. I actually think we are going to win this game midweek.

blaze_of_glory

Think its a combination of wannabe fortune tellers out here, setting up their "I told you so" in the event things dont work out on Wednesday.

That combined with people who are buying into media nonsense. They are falling for the "Arsenal <insert convenient month> collapse" talk from the media.

The reality is that yes we are struggling at the moment, but it still takes a monumental effort to stop us. Even Brentford, the leagues most form side right now, who cannot be broken down by teams, were opened up by us because they switched off for a second. Everton had to play the best game of probably their last 2 seasons to stop us, and they had to do it via a set piece routine, after failing to take advantage of their limited advantages in open play.

Of course the City game will be difficult, and yes we can lose it on Wednesday. But to genuinely believe that we will lose because City are having a superb game against Villa today and we dropped points is silly talk IMO. I wonder what these same fortune tellers would be saying had we delivered the 3 points yesterday.

It will be a massive test, but we will be ready. I actually think we are going to win this game midweek.
Agree with all of this, and also need to keep reminding myself that we all said coming into the season that the goal was top 4. Looks pretty good to achieve that at this point, so I don't know what the stress is all about. We are just gonna be stronger next year.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
How much useful is this table if it gets adjusted after every game?
It tells you the state of play on each matchday. It wouldn’t be useful it didn’t adjust for each result.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It tells you the state of play on each matchday. It wouldn’t be useful it didn’t adjust for each result.
Okay so it's not very useful until we've got like 5 or so games left and things are very very close. If only there was a metric that could tell how things stand

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Game Over

Don’t think it’s fair to categorise those feeling doubts following this weekend as either wannabe ‘Told you so’s’ or being manipulated by a negative media.

I want Arsenal to win this league more than anything. They really made a believer out of me these past few months.

But, the past two performances have allowed some doubts to creep in. We’ve looked short on ideas and sloppy the past 180 mins of football. Miles away from the team that got us to the top of the table.

A short amount of time compared with our months of good work? Yes, but that’s how form often ebbs and flows, up and down. The bad signs are there that we’re heading for a downturn. We’ve a slender lead now after all.

The end of last season plays a big part in these doubts too. Our bad run last season saw us drop silly points to teams we’d have comfortably beat only weeks earlier. These last few performances feel too familiar.

Also, although not directly at yourself, but can we stop with the ‘our target was top 4’ crap? We’ve been top of the league much of the season and would have had a very healthy lead if these results had gone our way. If we crumble and finish 4th, I’ll be far from ****ing happy.

Finish 2nd and I’ll feel we’ve thrown away the opportunity of a lifetime. We might not get this close again for another 5-10 years for all we know.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom