• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

scytheavatar

Established Member
The overreaction here is insane. All of a sudden he's a bad signing when he was one of our signings of the season last year for just a mere 20m?

Even yesterday he did not let his head go down after the mistake which was purely down to rustiness and lack of game time. He grew into the game and played well after, should have had an assist mind you if Nketiah could finish.

Just 2 weeks ago he changed the game for us when he came on and kept Rashford in his pocket and supported Saka well with his runs.

If people are blaming him for the 2nd goal they don't know football. Crazy stuffs I'm reading here

We have seen it time and again even seasons ago, players like Torreira and Sokratis started off their Arsenal career with a string of strong performances and afterwards was mostly living off them. They could go for half a season playing like crap and constantly making mistakes, yet dodge criticisms from fans. It looks increasingly like the same could be said about Tomiyasu and Ramsdale, who since the world cup has been awful.

LittleMo

I feel sorry for Tomi, he’s an excellent player but most players will look poor if they are on the bench for weeks and left to go out of form, Man City wasn’t the best game to throw him into, Brentford or even Villa at the weekend would be better.

It’s the same with all the players on the bench, decent players like Tomi, Tierney maybe Trossard if he stops getting minutes in games, will look like poor players when really they are just out of form for lack of game time.

The other worry is players like Viera. Why buy project type players and then never develop them? They also need some game time to actually learn to play PL football.

Arteta needs to learn to manage his squad better.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I feel sorry for Tomi, he’s an excellent player but most players will look poor if they are on the bench for weeks and left to go out of form, Man City wasn’t the best game to throw him into, Brentford or even Villa at the weekend would be better.

It’s the same with all the players on the bench, decent players like Tomi, Tierney maybe Trossard if he stops getting minutes in games, will look like poor players when really they are just out of form for lack of game time.

The other worry is players like Viera. Why buy project type players and then never develop them? They also need some game time to actually learn to play PL football.

Absolutely. 3rd season in a row we have fringe players very rusty because of a lack of rotation and the main players played so much till they are out of form and knackered.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta is showing his age and feeling the heat, as this is his first title race as a manager and it's showing...still needs to learn a lot in terms of using a sqaud correctly, his use of rotation is poor and it's losing players proper match fitness levels.

Tomi didn't have the best of games, but most of the above is the reason for it.

He's a very good player if a little old school, quality in duels both on the ground and in the air...a little meh on the ball compared to someone like White though, but he's acceptable enough when playing our from the back.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Tomi never recovered from that depressive WC. It really affected us in the worst way possible - Martinelli returned a shadow of the player, Jesus injured, Tomi in seppuku-mode... Just bad luck all round.

The issue I have is why would Teta do White-Tomi change in such an important game instead the game before to bed him in a little bit (if the plan was to do the swap?). He threw him into the pit, then now against Villa he'll probably bin him again, affecting his mentality even more.

Hope he gets another start next week.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I remember some of his comments he made about his world cup performance. Dude might need a psychologist
World Cup hangover is definitely a thing and it's good that he cares. I think Japan went as far as they realistically could but I get him being disappointed. One would like to hope that being in a title race with us would be enough for a pretty expedient refocus on his part but who knows. He definitely should have been given some gametime prior to this but I don't know where he is mentally and it would be wrong to speculate. Hopefully everyone backs him, it was a bad mistake but he's a good professional.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Fully agree. Sad thing is white has been poor for weeks, he gets to sit the toughest game out and get back his place. If he gets dropped for white next game. It doesn’t matter if white is poor again Arteta ain’t gonna go back to him. I hope him starting yesterday was him getting a run to show himself

samshere

Why so serieuse?

Agree, it's the reason that I'm not totally unhappy with the EL starting. We now have a second string very close to the first team in quality with only game time being the difference. Need to get them into form.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
World Cup hangover is definitely a thing and it's good that he cares. I think Japan went as far as they realistically could but I get him being disappointed. One would like to hope that being in a title race with us would be enough for a pretty expedient refocus on his part but who knows. He definitely should have been given some gametime prior to this but I don't know where he is mentally and it would be wrong to speculate. Hopefully everyone backs him, it was a bad mistake but he's a good professional.
It was a horrendous mistake in the worst game ever but truth to be told, it actually kicked our players up in the arse and got us the equaliser. He himself almost scored with a difficult half chance and was really determined to redeem himself. In the end it was 1-1 at half time so not too different from the 0-0 the game was going to go.

The 2nd half was where the game was lost, not the mistake.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We will know about Artetas man management if he plays him against Villa. If he doesn’t then Tomiyasu is done at Arsenal imo

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
After the game you always know better.

Before the game I thought "yeah, White's last performance weren't the best, so maybe Tomi is the safer option in a big game like this".

After the game it's obviously easy to say, that it wasn't the best choice to give him his first start since weeks in such a big game.

It's not like he was the only one who made easy mistakes yesterday, but it was a very costly one of course.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It was a horrendous mistake in the worst game ever but truth to be told, it actually kicked our players up in the arse and got us the equaliser. He himself almost scored with a difficult half chance and was really determined to redeem himself. In the end it was 1-1 at half time so not too different from the 0-0 the game was going to go.

The 2nd half was where the game was lost, not the mistake.
I agree. That's why I don't think he should be dropped. Give him a start and let him build his confidence back.

Legend14

Established Member
Tomi is probably more worried about his mistake than I am. He needs to get over it and help us win the league. Can’t quit mentally halfway into the season. Make it up by being great the great of the season.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I hope he doesnt get dropped & I dont think he will. Doesnt seem Artetas style. Would completely crush him & it's not as if he did anything malicious or emotionally reckless. He needs a good game vs Villa tho as I think he is quite hard on himself.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
His performance getting worrying i mean defensively he still solid but there lot of aspects he getting wrong his passing for example is way off his movement too when he get forward. Think we'll need to convert him to CB and buy RB he always better as CB anyway

Latest posts+

Top Bottom