• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho: Gorgeous Jorg

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It was a great buy in January, especially deadline day.

One problem I see even apart from him in 1vs1 situations and dribbled past, which we all knew is not his forte.

In this game there were a few situations where he tried to anticipate a pass, and missed it quite obviously. Then both of the opposition players got past him, and he had no chance to recover with his speed.

It's very obvious to me that he is not enough for an UCL season. He has to be the 3rd choice DMF. That's why we need Rice or someone like it.

But overall he has been solid, and in this game there was this one pass to Saka which was perfect. Got Saka to a 1vs1 situation, which could have resulted in a penalty some other day if Kristensen would have made a mistake behind him.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
It was a great buy in January, especially deadline day.

One problem I see even apart from him in 1vs1 situations and dribbled past, which we all knew is not his forte.

In this game there were a few situations where he tried to anticipate a pass, and missed it quite obviously. Then both of the opposition players got past him, and he had no chance to recover with his speed.

It's very obvious to me that he is not enough for an UCL season. He has to be the 3rd choice DMF. That's why we need Rice or someone like it.

But overall he has been solid, and in this game there was this one pass to Saka which was perfect. Got Saka to a 1vs1 situation, which could have resulted in a penalty some other day if Kristensen would have made a mistake behind him.

Do we? Or could we get by with Partey Jorginho and in emergencies, Xhaka in that DM position? I feel a more dynamic, physical attack minded 8 would make a bigger difference than Rice. Having said that, i wouldn't be mad at Rice at all.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Do we? Or could we get by with Partey Jorginho and in emergencies, Xhaka in that DM position? I feel a more dynamic, physical attack minded 8 would make a bigger difference than Rice. Having said that, i wouldn't be mad at Rice at all.
Personally I have many times suggested that Xhaka could be an emergency DMF backup. But Arteta hasn't done it, like I have said, there hasn't been anyone else who is similar level for the LCM role. But he is also slow.

So maybe, but really.. Arsenal will very likely be in the UCL since ages. Do you want us to be overrun in transition in midfield in UCL (and EPL) when Partey is likely fit again for like 50-70% of minutes? Thus far it has been max. 60% of EPL minutes in a season.

We have ESR and Vieira who are more attacking in the LCM role. Or even Trossard.

DMF is SO SO important. I want two great players there when Partey is so injury-prone. It can't be neglected. It would be a travesty. Not getting a DMF in the summer, and I would volunteer personally to kick Arteta and Edu in the nuts if that happens.

Luckily Edu and Arteta seem to agree, and tried Caicedo, and now all the Rice rumours. So the nuts look very safe.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Rice with this midfield is overkill. It’s basically a new toy for the sake of it. 3rd choice DM is Mo. Hell people forget Xhaka is a DM. To compete with the elite teams as we seen vs City. We need better ball players. I just fear next season Ødegaard get injured and we become a workman team that lacks any magic

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I mean we all knew his passing was superb but now he plays for us it’s just 😍

I love that players are on their bikes when he has the ball at his feet. Complete faith he’ll find them. He’s also fantastic with interceptions. You can see why Uncle Mikel and Pep have both wanted him throughout his career.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Been excellent on the ball but still poor defensively. When we are dominating possession it’s not an issue at all but between 70-80 mins when Leicester started to get on top, the weaknesses became evident especially since he was probably physically spent. The partey for oordegaard change seemed to halt leicester’s momentum

Let’s hope we can continue to completely dominate possession

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Been excellent on the ball but still poor defensively. When we are dominating possession it’s not an issue at all but between 70-80 mins when Leicester started to get on top, the weaknesses became evident especially since he was probably physically spent. The partey for oordegaard change seemed to halt leicester’s momentum

Think he was spent indeed. Reason why he was laying on the floor every 2 mins for small fouls. Needed a rest I think.

But still he's a good and needed addition to this season. He's done well so far I can't believe it tbh

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
The signing is worth it alone just because it allows us to rest Partey.

I’m wondering if we can get away with using Jorginho to rotate Xhaka.
Feels like he is better in the Xhaka role more than than Partey role imo. Great signing,

To all the haters when he came here:
PULLING. IT. OFF

Girl Deal With It GIF

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He was good defensively. Goods teams will always be able to hurt us with our setup with xhaka playing so far up.

MA08

I think the great thing about having him is his experience. He knows what to do and how to do. He knows how to slow it down, when to slow it down and when to speed it up. And him, Zinchenko etc has elevated this team. Need 2 more superstars to make it a better team

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
He can do much better defensively. In defensive transition I keep seeing him step up trying to intercept the ball. That’s very risky and they play behind him most of the time. He needs to drop back and position himself between the passer and receiver to intercept the pass that way, and call for a teammate further forward to challenge for the ball instead.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Imagine not rating him :lol:

He is the type of player that can get better with age because he has never relied on physical attributes. Could easily do a Modric if he keeps himself checked in mentally and i don't see him as a player that wpuld check out.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom