• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Some of Chelsea’s contracts:

This is honestly insane. You can’t surely be paying that much money and not getting Champions League football.

We thought our “contract cancellation FC” days were bad but this is going to be wayyyy worse.

These are Arsenal’s top earners by comparison. These are the only players in our squad on 150k plus btw.
Laughing at that Lukaku contract. They'll be lucky to get any takers from him once they've rejected the 2 bottles of coke and a Twix that Inter offer as a transfer fee.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is what makes me chuckle when Chelsea fans thought they were the first ever club to find this ffp amortisation loophole.

In reality they were the only club stupid enough to give unproven guys 8 year contracts lol.

I’ve also never heard of a club shortening contracts.

What that means is even if Mudryk goes up to a Saka or maybe a MBappe level they’ll almost certainly have to give him a pay rise. So he’ll be on 300k plus but still until 2031 at least.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I think their collapse has all the hallmarks of Todd panicking very soon and going for Pochetino.

He will hope that a youngish squad will provide him with the tools to have a high pressing, energetic team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I agree with some of what you said, but Arteta’s job was much more difficult than many realize. We had certain non-performing players that had to go. We also didn’t have a winning system or mentality, to be honest, no identity, really. We also weren‘t able to splash cash on any signing we wanted, especially since nobody was willing to pay top money for a lot of the players we wanted to get rid off. Also, remember that this was Arteta’s first gig as a manager, as opposed to an assistant. Chelsea has been coming off a CL trophy, and Potter has much more experience and no lack of resources. Arteta was coming into a situation where Wenger had been more or less hounded out, followed by Emery. Where the situation differs, I think is that you could see what Arteta was trying to do, even if he couldn’t fully achieve it initially, due to inexperience and lack of time and resources. That said, if we’d thrown that much money at Arteta so quickly, he wouldn’t have survived the first 2 seasons,I don’t think. I do agree that there was less expectation on Arteta, given where we were coming from.
Only thing is you say potter has funds. But he has no say in who they sign. They throw players at him and say make it work. The way he spoke before the mudryk signing made it clear it was not a player he requested. He also has a massive squad and they want him to make it work asap with young inexperienced players

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't think the question is what happens if they do not get Champions League. The way things are going they are likely to be out of Europe all together.

They looked very poor against Sp**s.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Some of Chelsea’s contracts:

This is honestly insane. You can’t surely be paying that much money and not getting Champions League football.

We thought our “contract cancellation FC” days were bad but this is going to be wayyyy worse.

These are Arsenal’s top earners by comparison. These are the only players in our squad on 150k plus btw.
300kpw for Enzo 💀 surely can't be real, he's still a kid and was plodding around Argentina 12 months ago. On an eight year contract plus that fee that's about a 300m outlay ffs

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’ve also never heard of a club shortening contracts.

What that means is even if Mudryk goes up to a Saka or maybe a MBappe level they’ll almost certainly have to give him a pay rise. So he’ll be on 300k plus but still until 2031 at least.

They’re surely going to be bitten financially at some point, and maybe even this summer if they can’t shift 8/9 players.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They’re surely going to be bitten financially at some point, and maybe even this summer if they can’t shift 8/9 players.

FFP will be a minefield if they’re out of Europe for long.

The squad is too big and too overpaid. Aubameyang and Sterling have become dead assets and it’s less than six months since they got signed ffs.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Shed End:
What current Premier League coach do you guys think would do a worse job at Chelsea than Potter? The only one I can think of is maybe Gary O'Neil from Bournemouth
Another game, another loss, no goal scored.

Give him time but....

Guys a fraud
Completely out of his depth. Can't see any argument going his way right now, he had a top 4 squad and got backed by a huge amount of money and he still can't do absolutely anything. Whoever believes that Potter is going to be a top manager is deluded, the sooner the club cuts him off the better.
I genuinely have a feeling that Potter doesn’t give a f*ck and is looking forward to lovely 5 year payout.

How can any manager be this bad? I rated him before he joined us, surely he can do better than this.
No problem with us sacking tuchel, but this was a bad replacement and we need to bite the bullet.

The only hope I have now is that Boehly and co are waiting for the summer where there's some exit clause because of no champs league qualification.
16 losses in 100 games under Tuchel

10 losses in 26 games under Potter

The biggest downgrade in managerial history, Todd Boehly should get on his hands and knees and beg Tuchel to come back.
He has to go now. He hasn’t improved us one bit.

1 win in 11 games. I don’t care if we have I many new players or injuries, that is still unacceptable.

We have a brilliant squad that are far more capable than this. If we stick with Potter we could end up in relegation dogfight… How is this acceptable?
Hate to say it but we are sinking without a trace right now..this could’ve disastrous and we could actually get relegated unless we do something.. forget top 4 and UCL we are in trouble.
Why wouldn't we get relegated? Can you see any wins in our future? Any points? Any goals? All I hear is "it won't happen". It f**king can happen if we don't start winning.
I keep hearing from some people that we've got nothing to lose by sticking by him now, as we won't get relegated... Motherf**kers, how are we safe from relegation? We can't buy a single goal, let alone any points, and we've had the "easy" games.
Enough is enough surely now losing against those c**ts is unacceptable, sack him now before the very real prospect of relegation looms because you honestly can’t see where the next win will come from.
I remember saying weeks back we could be at risk of a relegation battle and someone said we won’t Ben because we are Chelsea and we will get better we’ll we are now officially closer to the bottom and top with arguably the worst form we will be in a relegation battle sooner rather than later so get ready for it.
The only reason why Potter hasn't been sacked is because Boehly and co have absolutely no understanding of the sport they have involved themselves with. There hasn't been a single thing that has improved since Potter arrived, everything has gotten worse. Are people really that deluded that they believe that things will improve if he gets a pre season? He's not good enough and we're heading down if Boehly and co don't get educated quickly about football.
I’ve really tried to think there is a bigger and better picture with Potter, even if I can’t see it. But, man, I just don’t see how we can continue with this. There is no improvement. At all. We look more lost and less interested than we did when Potter took over.

it’s come to a point now where we can’t continue like this. There needs to be change
Oh but the injuries ... and did you know the opponent was well prepared? The preseason was also really bad and Sp**s were allowed to play with 11 men. It's just too hard to win. We should appreciate the good effort though. Did you see Ziyech? He did so well almost getting himself sent off while doing f**k all all game. Mount was a bit too precise with the passing but at least he got himself a pointless yellow card. Aubameyang got a fair chance, almost 10 minutes at the end of the game. Couldn't be happier with Potter. Great future ahead, we just have to be patient and trust the process. I can't wait for next summer when we overpay for another group of signings only to then derail their career with garbage football ... er... I mean Potter-ball.
This arsenal Arteta benchmark is doing my head in now
Watching the Arsenal all or nothing documentary........what is going on? Is this just one massive piss take? We've become the new Banter FC.
I wonder if during the crisis meeting, Potter just sat and played the Arsenal all or nothing documentary to the board
I'm so tired of this Arsenal narrative. I don't know who started pushing this agenda. But someone needs to tell Boehly and Potter that firstly we are not Arsenal. Secondly no two clubs or situations in football are ever the exact same. Finally just because Arteta's appointment is working for Arsenal now doesn't mean Potter's will work for us.

Imagine for a second using this excuse in any other profession. So I'm not performing in my job right now, but look at (insert random name) he struggled too for a couple of years. But, now finally he's succeeding 3 years later after his appointment. So you can apply this to me, don't worry about my performance right now, just judge me 3 years later. After I've made a fortune despite failing to do my actual job, thereby essentially getting paid for free.

He's talking about getting the players to watch the Arsenal all or nothing, like is this real life?! I can't believe how delusional these blokes running this club are.

Potter wasn't signed because of his track record for winning games, it was on the basis he could work well with the board. Could "develop" young players and is emotionally intelligent. For an elite club to appoint any coach, one of the fundamentals has to be that they know how to win and will win. The fact this wasn't a prerequisite for this job is already a big red flag. Because not only does that mean its allowed Boehly and Co to hire clearly the wrong candidate, but it also gives them the justification to stick by him.
The new owners have to take a lion's share of responsibility for what's been happening. The arrogance with which they have been operating have cost the team this season.

Feel sorry for Potter, he seems like a decent bloke but looks completely out of his depth at the moment. The worst part is, I don't see how it's going to get better, I really don't. All that time in training every week and yet come matchday the team looks out of ideas. I dIid notice today some short passing patterns that reminded me of his style at Brighton but that's about it. He never had that kind of pressure before and he's failing. Unfortunately.

I just feel that his personality doesn't fit the environment at Chelsea. Whatever he's trying to do, the players aren't responding. The confidence is low and he clearly isn't the man to turn it around. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see where do we go from here.

This is the worst I felt about this club in a very long time. Been feeling depressed for weeks now, hoping against hope things get better.
Back your man Todd and Co or let him go now.

No more written statements from third parties. Come out and do an interview that you believe in him, back him and he is here next season, or put him put of his misery.

You are leaving him liked the proverbial hanged man here, all alone on his island with the sharks closing in. These players feel they can just pi$$ about without a care in the world and take home their big wages and suffer nothing for it, cause there will always be another manager but they get security.

You have created a lot of problems, better get to fixing them or your investors will be unhappy, not to mention the many angry fans who will be out for blood if you kill our club.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

This is actually the perfect time to sack Potter but Todd wont do anything until Chelsea is in the relegation zone.

Jack badmon

I've been saying this is 100% on Bohely how can you blame Potter for this? Its like putting a Kitchen Porter in front of a grill saturday night expecting them to cook 31 steaks perfectly. You dont blame the porter you blame the man who put him there.

Anyways this is funny as **** lol.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Potter should be able to get more out of his players, I don't think that's even a question. It looks like there's no plan at all tactically.

At the same point Boehly deserves the majority of the blame. The guy must have thought he was on an episode of Supermarket Sweep the way he was racing around with his shopping trolley in January. There was no logic to it, just throwing silly money around.

You aren't going to have a cohesive unit the way the squad makeup is and it would take most managers time to get stuff in order but it shouldn't be as bad as it is with Potter. Raw talent alone should be enough to get them at least respectable results this season.

DuBB

Serious question:

On a scale of 0 to 10, 10 being Arteta level “I want this specific player, not a type or a position, this specific player” and 0 being “I’ve just shown up to the training ground and I have no idea who this lad is, but welcome to Chelsea” what level do you think Potter was involved in the players Chelsea acquired with him as coach?

Just to list them out:

Fofana
Badiashile
Felix
Mudryk
Madueke
Malo Gusto
Enzo Fernandez
I would even put Nkunku there, who they’ve essentially been talking to since last January. So that gives you some indication on how they recruit.

I’d say it’s a 2 or even a borderline 1/10 in terms of Potter’s involvement in transfers.

He should be doing better. Yes. But it’s hard to know exactly what to do when basically everybody at your level (DoF etc.) and above you (Todd) are basically doing whatever it is they want with no regard for how or if it works for you.

I’m happy they’re in this position. Couldn’t happen to a nicer club. But I do feel bad for Potter.

Could you imagine a scenario where Arteta would accept us buying a player we’d been talking to prior to appointing him, regardless of if he fit Arteta’s system or not?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Serious question:

On a scale of 0 to 10, 10 being Arteta level “I want this specific player, not a type or a position, this specific player” and 0 being “I’ve just shown up to the training ground and I have no idea who this lad is, but welcome to Chelsea” what level do you think Potter was involved in the players Chelsea acquired with him as coach?

Just to list them out:

Fofana
Badiashile
Felix
Mudryk
Madueke
Malo Gusto
Enzo Fernandez
I would even put Nkunku there, who they’ve essentially been talking to since last January. So that gives you some indication on how they recruit.

I’d say it’s a 2 or even a borderline 1/10 in terms of Potter’s involvement in transfers.

He should be doing better. Yes. But it’s hard to know exactly what to do when basically everybody at your level (DoF etc.) and above you (Todd) are basically doing whatever it is they want with no regard for how or if it works for you.

I’m happy they’re in this position. Couldn’t happen to a nicer club. But I do feel bad for Potter.

Could you imagine a scenario where Arteta would accept us buying a player we’d been talking to prior to appointing him, regardless of if he fit Arteta’s system or not?
That’s why I have a lot of sympathy for him. He is put in an awkward position. People are praising ten Hag and rightly so. But can you imagine if he didn’t have control like he has at United. Even the Ronaldo situation I doubt Chelsea would back their manager.

Latest posts

Top Bottom