• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

When Partey is playing that role we seem to suffocate teams a bit better. He's got this presence from his physical attributes but also his passing makes the pitch as wide as possible and then him as a pivot seems to pen opposition back a lot to the extent that there's very little way out. He's more than just a typical 6 in a controller sense but he's also more than a destroyer, he merges the two somewhat in what's a very difficult role (don't think people fully appreciate).

Bloodbather

Established Member

When Partey is playing that role we seem to suffocate teams a bit better. He's got this presence from his physical attributes but also his passing makes the pitch as wide as possible and then him as a pivot seems to pen opposition back a lot to the extent that there's very little way out. He's more than just a typical 6 in a controller sense but he's also more than a destroyer, he merges the two somewhat in what's a very difficult role (don't think people fully appreciate).
Yeah, he's a rare specimen. Been saying for years that he's the most important player on the team along with Saka.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

You're right, he's so good at winning the second balls so we can sustain pressure. He's always there when the opposition clear the ball, but his speed and athleticism to cover the ground when they try and counter is brilliant. Yesterday vs Bournemouth I felt he was doing this so often and it's why we ended up with 80% possession.

His passing yesterday was fairly simple and often recycling it to Ødegaard, Zinny or our wingers to make the plays.

I think there's another CM who we're linked with that can do this as well.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He’s magnificent. He fell asleep for the Bournemouth’s second goal but more than atoned for his error.

I keep saying it and will keep saying it, he can do everything. What was that? His third league goal? We can’t underestimate what that does for our team.

Jorginho will be fine for Sporting. Keep Partey fresh for a Fulham side who will be without Palhinha and we dominate.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
With Partey and White the whole team just looks settled and calm. Obviously we conceded a stupid goal after a few seconds and he was too easily beaten for their second. But in general we look less flustered. Which is vital.

Partey plays the league, Jorginho plays the cup. We are at the point in the season where we don't need Partey to put 38 games in a row together. All we need is 8-9 top performances the rest of the season and it may be enough.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Great to have him back again. He is our best DM but he cannot play every game and with Jorginho we have a great replacement! Love how the squad is coming together!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If Utd had him today they might only have lost 5-0.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He was at fault at both goals IMO. Needs to work on his focus, seems to switch off much more regularly than before. Might be the yellow box... Otherwise he's a rock.
He was fault for the second as he lost his man. First goal was deflection from Gabriel that freed their man and Zinchenko could have closed the cross quicker

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Utd had him today they might only have lost 5-0.

Thomas would have subbed himself off after a minute, after he saw that Fred was playing in midfield with him to be fair.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Thomas was very vital in our firsr tow goals today but also was lazy defensively. Still very key player for us

He lost his marker at the corner, it was poor but it can happen to anyone. Apart from that I thought he was excellent defensively, broke up many potential counter attacks.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
We need this guy fit and healthy for Liverpool and City.

City haven't faced our full team yet, if they had, I think things would be quite different.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom