• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Without wishing to start the Pepe wars again, the tracking back didn't help, but the main issue was that he simply couldn't play Arteta football due to being extremely inconsistent in decision making and playing effective combination football. Lots of talent, seemingly nice guy, but cost too much for the level of gamble he represented. Vieira may go the same way, but it would be for different reasons.
My point was, the guy wanted to use some stats to explain to me how productive Vieira is, I've used Pepe (who had great stats in 2021) as an example of how those stats can be twisted both ways.

You are right about Pepe with tracking back, consistency, and everything, but is Vieira any different? The guy is avoiding 50/50 duels, can't press, his passing is inconsistent and doesn't really offer anything when we are without the ball. I guess Vieira does offer better decision making, and I think that's something Arteta hated about Pepe so Vieira could have a better chance at this club.

Pepe is a tricky subject on this forum and I've definitely used the worst example to prove my point by mentioning him, but it really wasn't about him

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

My point was, the guy wanted to use some stats to explain to me how productive Vieira is, I've used Pepe (who had great stats in 2021) as an example of how those stats can be twisted both ways.

You are right about Pepe with tracking back, consistency, and everything, but is Vieira any different? The guy is avoiding 50/50 duels, can't press, his passing is inconsistent and doesn't really offer anything when we are without the ball. I guess Vieira does offer better decision making, and I think that's something Arteta hated about Pepe so Vieira could have a better chance at this club.

Pepe is a tricky subject on this forum and I've definitely used the worst example to prove my point by mentioning him, but it really wasn't about him
It was a silly strawman argument from you to pull Pepe out of nowhere.

You said Vieira hasn't contributed when he clearly has. Pepe also contributed in that season. Fairly obvious.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Vieira is much better for pressing football than Pepe because he at least knows where to stand, and is decent at funnelling opposition players towards teammates.

Decision making the primary issue. Saka is the best contrast with Pepe. Not that much better statistically, but a million miles ahead in terms of impact and big moments, while almost never putting in less than 7/10. Vieira is not anywhere near that level, but he can at least play in a way that complements our key men. Pepe was at times brilliant individually, but his combination play stunk. Vieira can at least combine effectively in build up.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Think he's been improving. Feels like a player now who can make a good impact as a sub.

As long as he keeps improving and can maybe cope with the physical demands of the league, he can definitely offer more offensively than what Xhaka does in the same role. End product seems to be Vieira's best quality currently and you look at some of the situations Xhaka finds himself in someone who's a bit more natural like Vieira would capitalise a lot more, you might lose some things but you'd hope Vieira can develop into a more rounded player with time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Looks like Fabio has moved on from Martinelli...

FrMzZgvWABky18M

AdolescentAlienatedAchillestang-size_restricted.gif

Buhry

Established Member

Like playing with 10 men having him out there today, slow, weak, not press resistant, backpasses most of the time, single handedly slows out attack down. We were getting dominated at home by sporting possession wise ffs, when does that ever happen normally? Should have come off at 60 instead of nelson, at least nelson wins the ball back and plays with energy.

Melquiades

He's just not good enough. Has some silky touches here and there but has neither the mentality nor the physicality to play at the level required for this team right now.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom