• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

āœļø OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

ā€˜Donkeys donā€™t have a peak, they remain uselessā€™
Trusted ā­

Am indirectly gassing up their most hated player Rashford by liking a video of him humiliating our best player just to prove the point that even the best midfielders get sonned, all for a player we might not even be linked to in a few months. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Just highlighting that Rice got skinned by a genuine world-class player while irreplaceable Partey was skinned by Gashford whoā€™s clearly crap.

So yes, I am absolutely going to call our own players crap if it means I win again in the transfer window by constantly battling everyone elseā€™s opinion but destroying our own players.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

Just highlighting that Rice got skinned by a genuine world-class player while irreplaceable Partey was skinned by Gashford whoā€™s clearly crap.

So yes, I am absolutely going to call our own players crap if it means I win again in the transfer window by constantly battling everyone elseā€™s opinion but destroying our own players.

In what world is Rice clear of Partey lol? Put down the crack pipe my man.

OnlyOne

ā€˜Donkeys donā€™t have a peak, they remain uselessā€™
Trusted ā­

@jones good find. Canā€™t agree more with what I posted. The best ability is availability. Even Partey said he was dropping 3/10ā€™s

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Caicedo or Rice will be the signing for us this summer, either of them would be perfect... can't see myself being happy with any other midfield signing.

Declan is having a bad season, but feel most of that is his heart not being in it anymore... probably was asked for the club to stay one more year so they didn't lose both Noble and him at once, as that would have killed thier midfield...but even when you stay, you aren't the same.

We did the same thing with the likes of Henry and Fabregas, and you could see they did drop off in terms of performances for us too... happens with every other team too.

Think a move to a new team (plus working with a very progressive manager in Mikel, as opposed to a more defensive one in Moyes) will get him back to his 2020-2022 levels and even go beyond that.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ā­
One consideration to make when thinking about midfield is if Patino is going to be given a chance next season, stranger things have happened.

IF heā€™s as good as people make out, long term the best way of transitioning in from Xhaka maybe be brining Patino in.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

One consideration to make when thinking about midfield is if Patino is going to be given a chance next season, stranger things have happened.

IF heā€™s as good as people make out, long term the best way of transitioning in from Xhaka maybe be brining Patino in.
People have been asking for a top #8 to Xhaka's place. But where does that leave Patino's path? At most he should have one more year on loan and then join the squad.

That's part of why I want a top DMF to rotate with Partey, who is also able to play LCM at a good level.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
More limited than even Rabiot in the LCM position, let alone Xhaka... more limited than Caicedo in the DM position. He isn't good enough for Arsenal.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ā­
Games like the one yesterday are a great example of why we need a guy like Rice. In all of Artetaā€™s post match stuff he kept pointing to the amount of duels we lost and how cheaply we have the ball away.

I think Rice would actually be of more use to us in Europe than the PL.

14Henry

Looking for receipts šŸ‘€

Patino, if good enough, will force his way into the team. Now if we need him to be on the level to be a CL and PL player it's hard to say he's ready. Cesc was doing it at 17-18. Bellingham has proved age is only a number.

I think ultimately he will need another loan, maybe to the PL and then see from there.

Definitely looks a player but the step up is huge and maybe a transition to a lower PL team is the next step.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ā­
Patino, if good enough, will force his way into the team. Now if we need him to be on the level to be a CL and PL player it's hard to say he's ready. Cesc was doing it at 17-18. Bellingham has proved age is only a number.

I think ultimately he will need another loan, maybe to the PL and then see from there.

Definitely looks a player but the step up is huge.

Yeah, Iā€™m not advocating him being a starter, just that heā€™s someone to consider when thinking about midfield.

Thatā€™s why I think Rice makes a lot of sense, in the short term provides an option at LCM, but long term will be the DM and will vacate that position to the likes of ESR/Vieira/Patino if they reach their potential.

14Henry

Yeah, Iā€™m not advocating him being a starter, just that heā€™s someone to consider when thinking about midfield.

Thatā€™s why I think Rice makes a lot of sense, in the short term provides an option at LCM, but long term will be the DM and will vacate that position to the likes of ESR/Vieira/Patino if they reach their potential.
Rice for me, as I've said before, is a no brainer if the fee is 80m or less. Can cover a multiple positions, is a very good 6 with room to improve. Will be able to rotate with Partey and Jorginho as and when. Can fill in for Xhaka any number of possibilities.

If we take Jorginho out over the 2 legs and put Rice in there we win the match in my opinion.

Anyway....league or bust.

I've seen the figure of Ā£110m for Bellingham floated about in the news. If I were Arsenal I'd be trying to sign him and Rice for a combined 190-200m. Then have some tough conversations with Xhaka, Jorginho and Partey.

benjamin86

Established Member

He'll need another year or 2 on loan first. (Unless he makes a big jump)

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ā­

In my view, Patino needs another year on loan. He's done well at Blackpool, and they have played him. If he is to continue his development, he needs games. I'm not convinced he will get that here next season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

L
Rice for me, as I've said before, is a no brainer if the fee is 80m or less. Can cover a multiple positions, is a very good 6 with room to improve. Will be able to rotate with Partey and Jorginho as and when. Can fill in for Xhaka any number of possibilities.

If we take Jorginho out over the 2 legs and put Rice in there we win the match in my opinion.

Anyway....league or bust.

I've seen the figure of Ā£110m for Bellingham floated about in the news. If I were Arsenal I'd be trying to sign him and Rice for a combined 190-200m. Then have some tough conversations with Xhaka, Jorginho and Partey.
ok letā€™s watch England n crazy week and tell me if those two are worth 200 million pound. Bellingham has only played in bundesliga and itā€™s hardly a serious league. Itā€™s been a while someone outside of Haaland shined from that league.

14Henry

L

ok letā€™s watch England n crazy week and tell me if those two are worth 200 million pound. Bellingham has only played in bundesliga and itā€™s hardly a serious league. Itā€™s been a while someone outside of Haaland shined from that league.
Kevin De Bruyne?
Son?
Firmino?
Kompany?
Auba?
Sane?
Xhaka? Jurys out on that one but he's been excellent the last 2 years.

I'm specifically looking at the top clubs.

Of course there is Sancho who has fallen off a cliff. I think that's more mental problems as he seemed to have to take "time out" around Christmas.

Of course there are bum signings too but you get that from any country. We signed Mustafi from La Liga. We signed Pepe and Lacazette from Ligue 1. We signed Sambi from Belgium. But I wouldn't rule out signing from the German league.

Bellingham, whether you like to admit it or not, stood out in the world cup. He's done well in the CL. And after all....if Real Madrid, City, United etc are all looking at him as a starter that tells me he's a very good player.

GDeepā„¢

League is very weak
L

Bellingham has performed in the CL and international tournaments too. You are paying for potential anyway, and he shows more than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom