• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 4 - 1 Crystal Palace | Sunday, March 19 | 14:00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GettyImages-1144177548.jpg

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Just mean losing a good chance at any trophy is never good, so will take any win tomorrow just to get us back on track going into the break.

Don't think losing on Thursday means we are not winning the league, think this team is pretty tough.

Sounds to me as though you are worried that Arsenal will disappoint you in the end, based on what's happened before.

Where this is a likelihood of course, Im saying to you that all those vibes, omens, and whatever else you hear from people who watch football, are largely diminished now, because we prepare to the nth degree. And you cant play football today without preparation, no matter who you are facing.

I usually explain this to people this way. When you fail an examination, you dont fail because you werent up for the exam that day, didnt want that pass enough, or had low confidence from failing the exam a few days before.

You fail the examination because you didnt prepare enough, or your frame of mind wasnt in exam mode. Your studying beforehand did not go through the expected questions enough, that's it.

Preparation breeds confidence, in football, in life.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Trossard Jesus Saka
Xhaka Ode
Jorginho
Zinny Gabriel White Partey
Ramsdale

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I’m seeing some Nelson at RB shouts on Twitter. He played RWB under Wenger so I’m not hating the idea.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I’m seeing some Nelson at RB shouts on Twitter. He played RWB under Wenger so I’m not hating the idea.

Doesn’t look like Gabriel trained.. I’m worried he’s out as well. He definitely wasn’t 100% in the EL.

Reactions: A_G

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Sounds to me as though you are worried that Arsenal will disappoint you in the end, based on what's happened before.

Where this is a likelihood of course, Im saying to you that all those vibes, omens, and whatever else you hear from people who watch football, are largely diminished now, because we prepare to the nth degree. And you cant play football today without preparation, no matter who you are facing.

I usually explain this to people this way. When you fail an examination, you dont fail because you werent up for the exam that day, didnt want that pass enough, or had low confidence from failing the exam a few days before.

You fail the examination because you didnt prepare enough, or your frame of mind wasnt in exam mode. Your studying beforehand did not go through the expected questions enough, that's it.

Preparation breeds confidence, in football, in life.
That idea is nice. But the exam isn't actively trying to stop you doing your best. It doesn't think how you are going to study, and then adapt itself at the last minute or during the exam to counteract that.

You make it sound like you just prepare enough and turn up and get the result you prepared for.

However you have an opponent who has also "done its homework". And can react at any opportunity.

Football is a game of fine margins and you can prepare the perfect game. But you can't prepare for a red card, a yellow card, conceding a 9 second goal, VAR not working, players not being able to execute the plan. So many variables which is why Liverpool can beat United 7-0 but lose to Bournemouth the next game week 1-0.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
That idea is nice. But the exam isn't actively trying to stop you doing your best. It doesn't think how you are going to study, and then adapt itself at the last minute or during the exam.

You make it sound like you just prepare enough and turn up and get the result you prepared for.

However you have an opponent who has also "done its homework". And can react at any opportunity.

Football is a game of fine margins and you can prepare the perfect game. But you can't prepare for a red card, a yellow card, conceding a 9 second goal, VAR not working, players not being able to execute the plan. So many variables which is why Liverpool can beat United 7-0 but lose to Bournemouth the next game week 1-0.

Yes, football is a game of tight margins, only when the quality of the competitors are closer to each other.

Think of that as a "harder" examination, that have answers which are closer together. A multiple choice question with 5 options very close, but only 1 correct answer.

Things can happen in matches sure, like injuries, suspensions, etc. You can liken that to your internet connection going down or running slow, which diminishes your time, impacts your frame of mind, etc.

But at the end of the day, its still an exam which you can almost completely prepare for. From before the game itself, to before the season starts. Equipping yourself to deal with as many curveballs as possible, increasing your chance at success. It actually goes further in football, in an exam situation there would be a set scope of an examination. In football you have to also consider and build in plans for things you probably didnt think about yet, until you see it happen live in front of you, like that Bournemouth opening goal recently. That's the level of preparation needed, and trust me... its being done.

In short... if you prepare enough, your chances of failure drop dramatically. You can still fail of course, but the likelihood of that is very controlled.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Gabriel out injured tomorrow as well. Big yikes with a Holding/Kiwi CB partnership.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yes, football is a game of tight margins, only when the quality of the competitors are closer to each other.

Think of that as a "harder" examination, that have answers which are closer together. A multiple choice question with 5 options very close, but only 1 correct answer.

Things can happen in matches sure, like injuries, suspensions, etc. You can liken that to your internet connection going down or running slow, which diminishes your time, impacts your frame of mind, etc.

But at the end of the day, its still an exam which you can almost completely prepare for. From before the game itself, to before the season starts. Equipping yourself to deal with as many curveballs as possible, increasing your chance at success. It actually goes further in football, in an exam situation there would be a set scope of an examination. In football you have to also consider and build in plans for things you probably didnt think about yet, until you see it happen live in front of you, like that Bournemouth opening goal recently. That's the level of preparation needed, and trust me... its being done.

In short... if you prepare enough, your chances of failure drop dramatically. You can still fail of course, but the likelihood of that is very controlled.
I agree with your last part. If you prepare enough, analyse your opponent, try to exploit their weaknesses etc your chance of winning increase. But you could prepare better than ever and still lose. Which is why a game of football is difficult to predict at the best of times.

Personally I think we will win tomorrow. What we do against Liverpool, Newcastle and City away are the difference makers in my opinion. 5 points from those fixtures will be enough I reckon.

Edit: if both Gabriel and Saliba are out we may be in trouble.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So....If Gabriel and Saliba are both out tomorrow.

Personally I would go White CB. I know he hasn't played there this season but he's a CB and an experienced one at that. And it allows for playing out from the back easily. That means Kiwior could start left CB and he is pacey enough to deal with Zaha etc. Whether he's experienced enough or not is a different story.

Now....what do we do with RB. Tomis ****ed. Could Tierney do a job at RB? I have no idea. But fullback isn't the most difficult position to transfer from one side to the other. He will be up against Zaha who will most likely try to cut in on Tierneys stronger foot.

I just think Holding and Kiwior is too risky. Holding has little football and we seen against City he's too thuggish and rash in duels. He's also poor playing out from the back. And slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom