• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 734,248
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

The whole Lokonga, Tavares and Vieira experiments have failed miserably. Both Mikel and Edu should be blamed.
Tavares isn't a failure. We signed him for 8M, and will likely sell him for more after his performances in Marseille.

Lokonga does seem like a failure, but we might make most of the money back still if he performs for Palace.

Too early to write off Vieira. He clearly has the talent to make it here, just needs to get stronger. He was injured throughout our preseason.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Hard to know where we'll strengthen this summer.

Upfront
I'm torn between getting a winger, or getting a striker. Jesus is so good that i feel he could be effective anywhere, whether its CF, LW or RW. The Trossard signing has made signing a Martinelli upgrade difficult. On the RW, we know Saka plays most games, so signing a Diaby or such doesn't seem likely?

Midfield
Like the Trossard signing, the Jorginho one means its unlikely we'll go back for Caicedo or sign another 6? Especially with Elneny signing a new contract aswell. LCM looks like a position we will target. RCM i think we are covered, despite me not rating Vieira.

Defence
We'll need a LB, pretty sure Tierney will leave. I'd like us to sign a RB so we can then use Tomiyasu or white as a CB rather than Holding.

GK
Whilst i'd like us to improve, i am realistic, we aren't signing anyone here, not unless Turner wants to leave for first team football.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Hard to know where we'll strengthen this summer.

Upfront
I'm torn between getting a winger, or getting a striker. Jesus is so good that i feel he could be effective anywhere, whether its CF, LW or RW. The Trossard signing has made signing a Martinelli upgrade difficult. On the RW, we know Saka plays most games, so signing a Diaby or such doesn't seem likely?

Midfield
Like the Trossard signing, the Jorginho one means its unlikely we'll go back for Caicedo or sign another 6? Especially with Elneny signing a new contract aswell. LCM looks like a position we will target. RCM i think we are covered, despite me not rating Vieira.

Defence
We'll need a LB, pretty sure Tierney will leave. I'd like us to sign a RB so we can then use Tomiyasu or white as a CB rather than Holding.

GK
Whilst i'd like us to improve, i am realistic, we aren't signing anyone here, not unless Turner wants to leave for first team football.
We will get a lb, cb, cm and a forward. I expect 4 signings

I would not be surprised if we get Elye Wahi. 20 year old French striker. Very talented player

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We will get a lb, cb, cm and a forward. I expect 4 signings

I would not be surprised if we get Elye Wahi. 20 year old French striker. Very talented player

We have Balogun & Eddie why buy him? Also we need a RB not LB, unless KT leaves but I think he'll want another season in the CL.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We have Balogun & Eddie why buy him? Also we need a RB not LB, unless KT leaves but I think he'll want another season in the CL.
I don’t think nketiah or Balogun are at the talent level needed. I don’t think Arteta is the kind of guy that stays loyal to any player and if he can improve on them he will.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
My take is that we will target a RB, a forward who can play as striker & RW, CM to compete with Xhaka, LB only if KT leaves.

We filled LCB, CM, & left sided forward spots in January. Tomi will be retained as utility defender I'm sure.

The Eddie/Balo conundrum will be interesting to see what happens there. Would be annoying not to see how Balo could work for us. He pedigree seems higher than Eddie's.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

My take is that we will target a RB, a forward who can play as striker & RW, CM to compete with Xhaka, LB only if KT leaves.

We filled LCB, CM, & left sided forward spots in January. Tomi will be retained as utility defender I'm sure.

The Eddie/Balo conundrum will be interesting to see what happens there. Would be annoying not to see how Balo could work for us. He pedigree seems higher than Eddie's.
The eye test less so. I think he is similar to nketiah and both can’t really strike a ball. Some of the goals he scored would never happen in the pl

sub_sub

For my two pennies worth....

I think we will make 5 new signings

Defence:
I think we will sign a LB, with to Tierney depart and Nuno to be sold / loaned out again
I think we will bring in a RB to compete with Ben White, someone who can offer what Zinchenko does on the right would be very exciting, enabling us to mix things up on either side and not be so predictable.
I see Tomi as CB cover primarily, will suit his game and levels of fitness more.

Midfield:
Can still see us brining in two central midfielders. Next season we have 3 CMs - Partey, Jorginho and Xhaka, ESR could be developed into the left 8 role but will be a bit of a project and needs to prove he can sustain his fitness. Perhaps Rice and then someone who offers is more of a playmaker / natural box to box. I expect that Patino will be loaned out to a PL team. I also think Elneny will be sold / loaned. Otherwise too many old codgers in midfield.

Attack:
I think we will bring a wide forward to compete with Saka. Hopefully someone like Diaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom