• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Their form is getting a bit scary right now the way they are scoring goals. Can only hope that their fixtures have some negative impact, otherwise it's not impossible that they do it.
They should've drawed vs palace bar that stupid tackle. been scoring outside of the PL though. A 7-0 loss vs pool would be nice though

Mudi

So analysing the games till the big match at Etihad, we need to be 10 points clear before we play them (with 2 games more played).

Arsenal vs Leeds W
City vs Liverpool D

Liverpool - Arsenal L
Southampton - City W

West Ham - Arsenal W
City vs Leicester W

Arsenal vs Southampton W
Brighton - City postponed

City vs Arsenal

A draw at Etihad (and keeping 10 points clear) would make City focus more on the CL and less on the league. We just need to hope for a draw/win of Liverpool and we win our home games against Leeds/ Soton and away game at West ham.

9/12 for us with City 7/9 would put us in the driver seat!

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Our last 10 league games have been W7 D1 L2 = 22 points.

If we replicate that we'd achieve 91 points. Some tough games coming up but crucially it's very much in our hands. Just cant lose at City.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This shows how imprtant a good squad is, not just the "main 11" ...

…hopefully Tomi and Mo are the only big injuries we get in the run in (need Saliba and Eddie back soon too) as we need everyone to maximise the best chance of getting the title 🙏

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Our last 10 league games have been W7 D1 L2 = 22 points.

If we replicate that we'd achieve 91 points. Some tough games coming up but crucially it's very much in our hands. Just cant lose at City.
Our last 10 games have been fairly easy as a group. The last 4 plus Leeds at home were all must wins and realistic should wins.

City and Liverpool away are arguably the 2 most difficult fixtures in the PL. Through Newcastle into that and it's difficult. But to win the league you need to beat the best or at least, not lose

Uncle Good-Advice

In my opinion most important thing is to go to Manchester knowing we won't actually need a result there. There was an immense pressure when we played against them at home and we crumbled. I know they are more experienced team but no team is immune of pressure and I'd like to see them in a position where they absolutely have to win.

We do have some luck in our favour though:

Leeds H - should be straightforward
Liverpool A - we may lose points but City can as well so basically we should maintain the 4 point cushion at least
West Ham A - difficult on paper but it's a game sandwiched between Europa Conference League semifinals so it's likely they won't perform 100%
Southampton H - should be straightforward

City A - ???

Synical

Miss Superstitious

My mum is hating/loving this season as this is her first title race as an Arsenal fan, weirdly she got into Arsenal through me rather than the other way around (she's been a fan since the 2008/2009 year and all she wants is just to witness us winning one league championship) 😅

So I bought her the 1989 book for Mothers Day, since that season is basically this one... hopefully reading about how Arsenal did break their title drought at one point, can make her believe we can do it again.

Do it for mama Riou this year boys!
That's so cute. My boy got me into Arsenal too. Went to my first Emirates match with him today on Mother's Day. Honestly one of the best days of my life 🥰

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
City will be an extremely tough game but we have to cross that bridge if we want to win this league.

They will be **** scared of our attacking prowess and will not go and all out attack. We have to choose our moments carefully and realise even a draw will suit us perfectly in that game

Synical

Miss Superstitious

City will be an extremely tough game but we have to cross that bridge if we want to win this league.

They will be **** scared of our attacking prowess and will not go and all out attack. We have to choose our moments carefully and realise even a draw will suit us perfectly in that game
I think Pep is so clever that we shouldn't be too surprised/downhearted if they burst our bubble quite a bit 😬

So we've really got to win every other game

gkoat

Presuming we at least match City's performance the next 3 games AND win our league game that takes place the same time as City's FA Cup tie, we will have an 11 point advantage over city when going to play them. City will still have 2 games in hand so it will only be 5, but it will look & feel different.

With the Brighton & Westham games being rescheduled for City, I anticipate these will take place midweeks in May. The league is, intentionally or not, setting it up so that city can win the title via games in hand in the final weeks if we let too many points slip.

Barring a possible matchup with Brighton during the CL semifinal slots, I can't see how these games do not slot into midweek 5 & midweek 8.

Weekend 1 - Arsenal v Leeds, City v Liverpool
Weekend 2 - Arsenal @ Liverpool, City @ Southampton
Midweek 2 - Arsenal OFF, City v Bayern(CL)
Weekend 3 - Arsenal @ Westham, City v Leicester
Midweek 3 - Arsenal OFF, City @ Bayern(CL)
Weekend 4 - Arsenal v Southampton, City v Sheffield(FA CUP) *Brighton v MUFC (FA CUP)
Midweek 4 - Arsenal @ City, City v Arsenal
Weekend 5 - Arsenal v Chelsea, City @ Fulham
Midweek 5 - (~May 2nd) Available for Westham, Brighton, City
Weekend 6 - Arsenal @ Newcastle, City v Leeds
Midweek 6 - Arsenal OFF, (possibly) City CL *Westham likely playing EC midweek too
Weekend 7 - Arsenal v Brighton, City @ Everton
Midweek 7 - Arsenal OFF, (possibly) City CL *Westham likely playing EC midweek too
Weekend 8 - Arsenal @ Forest, City v Chelsea
Midweek 8 - (~May 24th) Available for Westham, Brighton, City
Weekend 9 - Arsenal v Wolves, City @ Brentford

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We simply need City to drop points here and there. If they go on an unbelievable run from now on we will really struggle, but if they can pick up a couple of defats and draws we are in business. :pray:Come on football gods, be kind to us!!!

Badger_Revenge

We simply need City to drop points here and there. If they go on an unbelievable run from now on we will really struggle, but if they can pick up a couple of defats and draws we are in business. :pray:Come on football gods, be kind to us!!!
Honestly, I don't believe this is true. We don't need city to drop points. We just have to play like we've been playing, preferably better. City have to beat us, not the other way around.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Presuming we at least match City's performance the next 3 games AND win our league game that takes place the same time as City's FA Cup tie, we will have an 11 point advantage over city when going to play them. City will still have 2 games in hand so it will only be 5, but it will look & feel different.

With the Brighton & Westham games being rescheduled for City, I anticipate these will take place midweeks in May. The league is, intentionally or not, setting it up so that city can win the title via games in hand in the final weeks if we let too many points slip.

Barring a possible matchup with Brighton during the CL semifinal slots, I can't see how these games do not slot into midweek 5 & midweek 8.

Weekend 1 - Arsenal v Leeds, City v Liverpool
Weekend 2 - Arsenal @ Liverpool, City @ Southampton
Midweek 2 - Arsenal OFF, City v Bayern(CL)
Weekend 3 - Arsenal @ Westham, City v Leicester
Midweek 3 - Arsenal OFF, City @ Bayern(CL)
Weekend 4 - Arsenal v Southampton, City v Sheffield(FA CUP) *Brighton v MUFC (FA CUP)
Midweek 4 - Arsenal @ City, City v Arsenal
Weekend 5 - Arsenal v Chelsea, City @ Fulham
Midweek 5 - (~May 2nd) Available for Westham, Brighton, City
Weekend 6 - Arsenal @ Newcastle, City v Leeds
Midweek 6 - Arsenal OFF, (possibly) City CL *Westham likely playing EC midweek too
Weekend 7 - Arsenal v Brighton, City @ Everton
Midweek 7 - Arsenal OFF, (possibly) City CL *Westham likely playing EC midweek too
Weekend 8 - Arsenal @ Forest, City v Chelsea
Midweek 8 - (~May 24th) Available for Westham, Brighton, City
Weekend 9 - Arsenal v Wolves, City @ Brentford
City couldn't have 3 better games around their CL match.

Soton, Leicester and Sheffield all at home. That's luck right there. Had that been 2 matches away and United in the cup you'd have said tough. City will breeze through those matches.

We need to hope they get through to the semis.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom