• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
They should've drawed vs palace bar that stupid tackle. been scoring outside of the PL though. A 7-0 loss vs pool would be nice though
Yeah but 7-0 in the CL and 6-0 in the cup 3 days later is pretty impressive. Maybe the international break came at the wrong time too? For us atleast it gives a chance to get Saliba closer to fitness

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
At the end of the day, where I can see us winning it is if we get a draw at the Etihad.

I think we could even beat city at the Etihad tbh. But we shouldn't be adventurous. They'll be under tremendous pressure to win the game. That should play into our hands.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@A_G @Riou Ratface hasn't released his podcast yet. I wonder what he's going to say now that we're 19 points ahead of united with 10 games to go.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Good morning to every fan, who's team is 8 clear at the top of the Barclays...

beer-bottle.gif

greekgooner

Player:Martinelli
Now that we are out of europa league anyone knows when the parade will take place( If we win the league). i am asking because i wanna book my tickets from now. Last match is sunday 28 so i suppose monday 29 or there is a chance the parade will take place next saturday in june?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Now that we are out of europa league anyone knows when the parade will take place( If we win the league). i am asking because i wanna book my tickets from now. Last match is sunday 28 so i suppose monday 29 or there is a chance the parade will take place next saturday in june?
29th is probably the date. Its a Bank Holiday and means players aren't hanging around London for a week to celebrate.

Been looking at booking it myself but don't want to tempt fate. Would rather pay double than book now and lose the next couple of matches.

Mohamed7

Presuming we at least match City's performance the next 3 games AND win our league game that takes place the same time as City's FA Cup tie, we will have an 11 point advantage over city when going to play them. City will still have 2 games in hand so it will only be 5, but it will look & feel different.

With the Brighton & Westham games being rescheduled for City, I anticipate these will take place midweeks in May. The league is, intentionally or not, setting it up so that city can win the title via games in hand in the final weeks if we let too many points slip.

Barring a possible matchup with Brighton during the CL semifinal slots, I can't see how these games do not slot into midweek 5 & midweek 8.

Weekend 1 - Arsenal v Leeds, City v Liverpool
Weekend 2 - Arsenal @ Liverpool, City @ Southampton
Midweek 2 - Arsenal OFF, City v Bayern(CL)
Weekend 3 - Arsenal @ Westham, City v Leicester
Midweek 3 - Arsenal OFF, City @ Bayern(CL)
Weekend 4 - Arsenal v Southampton, City v Sheffield(FA CUP) *Brighton v MUFC (FA CUP)
Midweek 4 - Arsenal @ City, City v Arsenal
Weekend 5 - Arsenal v Chelsea, City @ Fulham
Midweek 5 - (~May 2nd) Available for Westham, Brighton, City
Weekend 6 - Arsenal @ Newcastle, City v Leeds
Midweek 6 - Arsenal OFF, (possibly) City CL *Westham likely playing EC midweek too
Weekend 7 - Arsenal v Brighton, City @ Everton
Midweek 7 - Arsenal OFF, (possibly) City CL *Westham likely playing EC midweek too
Weekend 8 - Arsenal @ Forest, City v Chelsea
Midweek 8 - (~May 24th) Available for Westham, Brighton, City
Weekend 9 - Arsenal v Wolves, City @ Brentford
Great effort.

City vs Pool and Us @ Pool will swing the title outcome. Huge two matches. If City drop points in that and we win, it basically makes Us @ City irrelevant in the grand scheme. But if the results are in the other way, it will be City’s to lose. Squeaky bum time indeed.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Tbf 10 games is still a lot, an 8 point lead can theoretically disappear in just 3 games. Main thing for me is winning the winnable games but not losing the difficult games. Learn how to play for a gritty draw. Arteta has proved he can do that, we did that against Liverpool at home a while ago.

I don’t care about proving we can play every team off the park, that’s naive and if we try that at Anfield and Etihad we could easily come away with nothing.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Biggest jinx I've ever seen. Reminds me of when we were at top in january and saw stats of leaders almost always winning, pretty sure we started collapsing just after that stat was posted
Yep those stats he was putting out about top 4 last yr when were were in the 70 percentiles (maybe we got to or almost got to 80 at one point?) are horrible to look at

MartiSaka

Tbf 10 games is still a lot, an 8 point lead can theoretically disappear in just 3 games. Main thing for me is winning the winnable games but not losing the difficult games. Learn how to play for a gritty draw. Arteta has proved he can do that, we did that against Liverpool at home a while ago.

I don’t care about proving we can play every team off the park, that’s naive and if we try that at Anfield and Etihad we could easily come away with nothing.
It's only 8 points if city lose their game in hand, so it's probably closer than that with 10 games.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

I don't think at home we played for a gritty draw. We played a Liverpool side who weren't firing and we won the match. We were better than them on the day.

The 2 big wins, Chelsea away and Sp**s away were huge. We met Chelsea at the right time and got the 3 points. On another day it could have been a draw. Sp**s was a brilliant result.

But last season we couldn't get those wins so he showed nothing.

This season at home to City we failed. Pep said....OK Arsenal we will give up our principles and you can have the ball. I think City recorded their lowest possession in the PL (I may be wrong) and they waited. They knew spaces would open up and they did.

City A
Liverpool A
Newcastle A

Are crucial matches. We need 5 points from them or more if we are to win the league. We need to show we can go away to a serious team and win/draw. We need to play the match not the occasion and be smart. If a team wants space don't give them it. If a team needs you to do X to punish you, you have to look at doing Y. It isn't weakness adjusting your team.

We've seen teams like Palace, Everton give City a real go. Sp**s beat them, albeit at home. We need to be smarter and even then it doesn't guarantee anything.

MartiSaka

I don't think at home we played for a gritty draw. We played a Liverpool side who weren't firing and we won the match. We were better than them on the day.

The 2 big wins, Chelsea away and Sp**s away were huge. We met Chelsea at the right time and got the 3 points. On another day it could have been a draw. Sp**s was a brilliant result.

But last season we couldn't get those wins so he showed nothing.

This season at home to City we failed. Pep said....OK Arsenal we will give up our principles and you can have the ball. I think City recorded their lowest possession in the PL (I may be wrong) and they waited. They knew spaces would open up and they did.

City A
Liverpool A
Newcastle A

Are crucial matches. We need 5 points from them or more if we are to win the league. We need to show we can go away to a serious team and win/draw. We need to play the match not the occasion and be smart. If a team wants space don't give them it. If a team needs you to do X to punish you, you have to look at doing Y. It isn't weakness adjusting your team.

We've seen teams like Palace, Everton give City a real go. Sp**s beat them, albeit at home. We need to be smarter and even then it doesn't guarantee anything.
Don't think I have seen us shift in our principles even slightly this yr. City away will the game to do it. I would take a draw all day long.

City were super clinical against us at the emirates. In such games away, its going to be crucial that we are more clinical than we often are.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Don't think I have seen us shift in our principles even slightly this yr. City away will the game to do it. I would take a draw all day long.

City were super clinical against us at the emirates. In such games away, its going to be crucial that we are more clinical than we often are.
Yeah I would sign for 2 draws now against City and Liverpool. City don't close the gap and a draw at arguably the most difficult ground in the PL with a pretty decent strike force is nothing to be sniffed at.

Either way to be sitting here where we are today and even talking about it is a great thing. Hopefully we are standing in Islington with a beer in one hand and a blow up PL trophy in the other on the 29th May.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
City fans are trying to argue that playing once a week is bad for rhythm and keeping the squad happy, citing our Europa exit as a reason for us to fail. They do feel they need to be perfect and reach 90 points to beat us though. Going to be a hell of a ride.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom