• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Which is why I think he wants Rice so much.

But I think Xhaka is a nailed on starter for now. People talk about an 8 upgrade but what Xhaka brings is all action for 90 mins ...week in week out, very hard to find.
Yeah man its insane when he went down with his knee I knew he would get up no problem. Such a reliable player

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Arsenal legend.

”Granit Xhaka is now 14th for most PL appearances for #Arsenal, after equaling Freddie Ljungberg’s record of 216 appearances.”

“Granit Xhaka has created more chances in the Premier League than the likes of Foden, Gundogan, Kulusevski, Bernardo Silva, Mac Allister, Grealish this season”

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Arsenal legend.

”Granit Xhaka is now 14th for most PL appearances for #Arsenal, after equaling Freddie Ljungberg’s record of 216 appearances.”

“Granit Xhaka has created more chances in the Premier League than the likes of Foden, Gundogan, Kulusevski, Bernardo Silva, Mac Allister, Grealish this season”

If we win the league or CL whilst he is still here , he certainly will be

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

...you could argue that the entire team of the year midfield, should be our midfield three.

I don't even think it's an argument. All three have been great. Casemiro would have been in with a shout if he didn't have a slow start and some suspensions.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Which is why I think he wants Rice so much.

But I think Xhaka is a nailed on starter for now. People talk about an 8 upgrade but what Xhaka brings is all action for 90 mins ...week in week out, very hard to find.

I agree- he does a lot of what Uncle Mikel wants in an 8.

Glad he’s back and getting chances again, he’s a fantastic outlet and I’ve said for years with his left leg he should be scoring more goals.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
When the third goal was scored, it was a nice set of fluid passes and movements into the empty spaces.
So I wanted to highlight the intelligent movements of Granit and Zinny in relation to Granit's goal.

You may check the 2nd half of the game on Arsenal website (apologies for mobile screenshots, as the video player is not the most user-friendly to capture stills :) )

Check the timestamps to see how quickly these fluid moves happen.

The action starts a few seconds earlier with a Zinchenko throw-in toward Xhaka. After a few passes across the other side, they are both near each other as two Palace players are closing in. So it's a 2v2 situation.

Screenshot_20230321_131714_Chrome.jpg

But then the intelligent movements of both of them quickly contributed to a 3v3 situation as Zinny was ahead and Xhaka and Partey had Palace players nearby, but Gabriel was now an extra man to choose his next pass.
Screenshot_20230321_114733_Chrome.jpg

What happens in the next 10 seconds is a beautiful thing to witness.

As Gabriel is free to pass, Xhaka points toward Zinchenko to move backward so he can occupy the empty space he leaves there.

20230321_114601.jpg

While Zinchenko and Xhaka are switching places, Gabriel passes to Partey.

Zinchenko arrives at the designated area by Xhaka, and Zinny receives the pass from Partey. Xhaka is already well placed in the huge gap left ahead, and Zinchenko immediately delivers the ball forward to Xhaka.

Also, look at Arteta pointing to Zinny to pass it to Xhaka.

Screenshot_20230321_114332_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230321_114810_Chrome.jpg

Xhaka makes a quick return pass to Trossard who was in acres of free space, as he continues running into the empty space in the box
Screenshot_20230321_114855_Chrome.jpg

Trossard releases the ball back to Xhaka in the box and bang, it's 3-0 for Arsenal.

Screenshot_20230321_114336_Chrome.jpg

So although it was a clumsy goal from Granit, it was a perfectly executed set of moves to attack the areas, and it looked like a typical training-pitch routine.

Well done to Arteta for managing to employ this mindset in his players, and also kudos to Granit and the rest for following Arteta's instructions to a T.

:applause:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

...you could argue that the entire team of the year midfield, should be our midfield three.
Fun fact. For all the moaning about Xhaka attacking wise.....

He's already equalled Gundogan's third best Man City season for Premier League G/A at 9. And Gundogan is the closest comparison to Xhaka's role. If he manages 3 more he's only behind the 2020/21 season where Gundogan scored out of his mind (At 15 (13 goals + 2 assists)). To be fair Gundo had less minutes, but Xhaka also had a rather long draught after the world cup until this week.

As every year there are people fantasizing about this *huge upgrade* that will come when Xhaka is replaced, I'm still wondering how huge that upgrade is exactly going to be.

Last edited:

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

As every year there are people fantasizing about this *huge upgrade* that will come when Xhaka is replaced, I'm still wondering how huge that upgrade is exactly going to be.

Why you care mate, most of them or around 99,9% of them dont know football. I thought you already realized this. Disappointed a bit, tbh.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'm still wondering how huge that upgrade is exactly going to be.

279045_ricericebaby_361141_crop.jpg

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Fun fact. For all the moaning about Xhaka attacking wise.....

He's already equalled Gundogan's third best Man City season for Premier League G/A at 9. And Gundogan is the closest comparison to Xhaka's role. If he manages 3 more he's only behind the 2020/21 season where Gundogan scored out of his mind (At 15 (13 goals + 2 assists)). To be fair Gundo had less minutes, but Xhaka also had a rather long draught after the world cup until this week.

It is an easily upgradable position though. Give a proper midfielder that role and you’ll see an improvement similar to the one we saw when we went from Eboue to Sagna.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
It is an easily upgradable position though. Give a proper midfielder that role and you’ll see an improvement similar to the one we saw when we went from Eboue to Sagna.
:lol: 🤦‍♂️

I guess that's what you thought when we got Mustafi's replacement in Pablo Mari or Bellerin's replacement in Cedric Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom