• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Why? Why would they not take it when it adds like another 30m to his price. We got Jesus for 45m because he had 1 year on his contract and he wanted to leave. Had he had 2 years it would have likely been closer to 60-65m.
Yeah, thats true. But its kind of the end of the road for Declan at West Ham. As long as they get a fair offer of 60-70m, they'll let him go. I expect taking the option comes with a jump in salary which is something they'll look to avoid if they can.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Yeah, thats true. But its kind of the end of the road for Declan at West Ham. As long as they get a fair offer of 60-70m, they'll let him go. I expect taking the option comes with a jump in salary which is something they'll look to avoid if they can.

That is not a fair offer in 2023. Dude has 200 PL appearances, is an England starter and is only 24. He's been excellent for 4+ years now. Cucurella went for £60m off the back of one good season for Brighton, with zero international experience.

I swear, some of you need to sit down and look at the money involved in transfers over the last two years or so. There's is simply no way you can say objectively that £60m for Rice is "fair" if you do that.

£80m + add-ons is the bare minimum here for a player with his experience, quality, age profile etc.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If you know you're selling him this summer and you know that the extra year drastically increases his value then the jump in salary isn't an issue because you're only paying it for a couple of months max in the summer and it surely will be less than the millions more you're getting in a transfer fee relative to what you could ask for without that extra year.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That is not a fair offer in 2023. Dude has 200 PL appearances, is an England starter and is only 24. He's been excellent for 4+ years now. Cucurella went for £60m off the back of one good season for Brighton, with zero international experience.

I swear, some of you need to sit down and look at the money involved in transfers over the last two years or so. There's is simply no way you can say objectively that £60m for Rice is "fair" if you do that.

£80m + add-ons is the bare minimum here for a player with his experience, quality, age profile etc.
That’s Boyle economics though. City walked away from that deal and it’s widely acknowledged it was a terrible deal. Also the more more West Ham get the more his replacement will cost. When everyone knows you got 100 million you will be quoted 50 million for average midfielders

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
That’s Boyle economics though. City walked away from that deal and it’s widely acknowledged it was a terrible deal. Also the more more West Ham get the more his replacement will cost. When everyone knows you got 100 million you will be quoted 50 million for average midfielders

Ok:

Isak to Newcastle for £60m.

Lisandro Martinez to Man Utd for £57m

Darwin Nunez to Liverpool for £82m

Richarlison to Sp**s for £60m

Grealish to City for £100m

Sancho to Man Utd for £90m

Ben White to Arsenal for £50m

There, a bunch of non-Chelsea deals.

The most comparable player on that list is Grealish in terms of experience, age, nationality, body of work etc.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ok:

The most comparable player on that list is Grealish in terms of experience, age, nationality, body of work etc.
Jesus (25) to Arsenal for £50m can be added to that list. Zinchenko (26) for £35m.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

There are so many variables in an eventual Rice transfer. Will West Ham stay up? Does Declan Rice has a preferred club? Will there be a bidding war? How important is it to stay in London for him? How important is a high wage to him?

For Arsenal, a bidding war with Boehly is a non-starter. I don't see us entertaining that. We are probably dependent on Rice preferring to come to us before any other club. Chelsea will offer higher wages than we will.

Sportingwise, I think we are a very attractive proposition now. There are openings in our central midfield for a younger midfielder. We're an harmonious club with sporting success under a talented ambitious young manager. We will offer CL football next season, and we play attractive football.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Jesus (25) to Arsenal for £50m can be added to that list. Zinchenko (26) for £35m.

Sure, but a bit of a different profile. Tried to only name players from lesser clubs similar to us in terms of spending power etc. Then again, the fact that a squad player went for £35m shows the state of the market. That was "top striker from another European league" type money not too long ago.

I also tried to avoid the insane deals at both ends so it doesn't distort the conversation. You were clearly willing to throw £70m+ at Caicedo during January, and a similar amount at a completely unproven Ukrainian kid. This isn't really a case of "Rice is worth X because his quality is Y", it's simply looking at the market and judging it as objectively as possible.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Ok:

Difference is Grealish is an attacker and attackers generally cost more. The two non attackers you mentioned went for less than 60 million

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Difference is Grealish is an attacker and attackers generally cost more. The two non attackers you mentioned went for less than 60 million

Ben White had ONE season of PL football under his belt with zero England caps and Martinez hadn't played a minute of PL football.

You're being disingenuous if you're saying Rice isn't on a different planet in terms of experience and profile.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sure, but a bit of a different profile. Tried to only name players from lesser clubs similar to us in terms of spending power etc. Then again, the fact that a squad player went for £35m shows the state of the market. That was "top striker from another European league" type money not too long ago.

I also tried to avoid the insane deals at both ends so it doesn't distort the conversation. You were clearly willing to throw £70m+ at Caicedo during January, and a similar amount at a completely unproven Ukrainian kid. This isn't really a case of "Rice is worth X because his quality is Y", it's simply looking at the market and judging it as objectively as possible.
I think it is a bit difficult to judge the fee. If you go down, that will probably lower the fee a bit, same should he prefer one club over any other. Obviously, if you get a bidding war between Chelsea and City that could drive it up. It is not something we could afford, or would be a part of.

Another side is the structuring of the deal. With FFP the way it is, the buying club will try to drag the installments out as long as possible.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Do you not get tired of debating what Rice is worth or what he isn't? I mean I think you've made your point that you don't rate him more than £50-60m.

Everyday you seem to be here talking about the price and trying to justify your views. What are you trying to achieve? Because whatever it is....you aren't succeeding.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
There are so many variables in an eventual Rice transfer. Will West Ham stay up? Does Declan Rice has a preferred club? Will there be a bidding war? How important is it to stay in London for him? How important is a high wage to him?

For Arsenal, a bidding war with Boehly is a non-starter. I don't see us entertaining that. We are probably dependent on Rice preferring to come to us before any other club. Chelsea will offer higher wages than we will.

Sportingwise, I think we are a very attractive proposition now. There are openings in our central midfield for a younger midfielder. We're an harmonious club with sporting success under a talented ambitious young manager. We will offer CL football next season, and we play attractive football.

Knowing Rice I feel fairly confident that he'd pick you lot over Chelsea as things stand right now. Chelsea getting their **** together and Mount guaranteeing he'll stay long-term could change that, of course.

Several reports of Rice being extremely frustrated with Moyes' unambitious and archaic style of play. Arteta is the exact opposite of that.

I think it is a bit difficult to judge the fee. If you go down, that will probably lower the fee a bit, same should he prefer one club over any other. Obviously, if you get a bidding war between Chelsea and City that could drive it up. It is not something we could afford, or would be a part of.

Another side is the structuring of the deal. With FFP the way it is, the buying club will try to drag the installments out as long as possible.

Yeah, if we go down that completely changes everything in terms of what we can demand etc, no doubt about that. Our leverage is based on us being able to keep him and play PL football for two seasons more. Going down means we have to sell him ASAP and everyone knows it.

I think the real bidding war here could be between you and Man Utd. ETH fits the profile of the type of manager Rice would like to play for and he's got a clear path into that starting XI, probably even more so than at Arsenal in the short term, although I think it wouldn't take more than a couple of months for Rice to establish himself as a starter at Arsenal if he did make the move.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Knowing Rice I feel fairly confident that he'd pick you lot over Chelsea as things stand right now. Chelsea getting their **** together and Mount guaranteeing he'll stay long-term could change that, of course.

Several reports of Rice being extremely frustrated with Moyes' unambitious and archaic style of play. Arteta is the exact opposite of that.

Yeah, if we go down that completely changes everything in terms of what we can demand etc, no doubt about that. Our leverage is based on us being able to keep him and play PL football for two seasons more. Going down means we have to sell him ASAP and everyone knows it.

I think the real bidding war here could be between you and Man Utd. ETH fits the profile of the type of manager Rice would like to play for and he's got a clear path into that starting XI, probably even more so than at Arsenal in the short term, although I think it wouldn't take more than a couple of months for Rice to establish himself as a starter at Arsenal if he did make the move.
I think London is a huge pull for him. His interview with Neville it was clear that London is his home and everything that he has known and loves. I think he'd choose Arsenal over United. We are likely to have similar success over the next 3 or 4 years. He gets to stay where he loves and there's maybe a more likeminded core of players at us. White, Saka, Ramsdale, Eddie, the young CBs etc.

United have abit of a mix in terms of players. That's only my perspective but I think he'd fit in better with our lads than say Casemiro, the butcher and fat Luke Shaw. The less said about Garnacho and Antony the better.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Do you not get tired of debating what Rice is worth or what he isn't? I mean I think you've made your point that you don't rate him more than £50-60m.

Everyday you seem to be here talking about the price and trying to justify your views. What are you trying to achieve? Because whatever it is....you aren't succeeding.
Don’t you get tired about arguing he is worth more? You doing the same exact thing.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Don’t you get tired about arguing he is worth more? You doing the same exact thing.
I've expressed my desire for the player. I've talked about his qualities. I've suggested why it would be a good signing and why he would fit with our team and age profile.

My focus has never really been "price" driven.

You are literally here everyday debating his price. Everyone who follows football and transfers, knows Rice is worth more than £60m in todays market. Just like everyone knows he isn't worth £150m.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Ok:

I'd add Maguire £80m, Wan Bissaka £50m and Ndombele 60m Euros all 3 1/2 years ago before transfer inflation. We won't overpay like United did back then but I'd imagine Arsenal will bid in around the region they were bidding for Caicedo so 70-80m. Maybe Arsenal play off West Ham against Brighton to see who will cave first. Or go in for that Spanish midfielder we were linked to.

From reading West Ham forums you guys seem to think selling Rice for a pretty penny this summer and investing in other positions while picking up a cheap and cheerful no nonsense DM is your best strategy going forward

I have to say I thought you'd have done better this season with the Scamacca and Paqueta signings

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I've expressed my desire for the player. I've talked about his qualities. I've suggested why it would be a good signing and why he would fit with our team and age profile.

My focus has never really been "price" driven.

You are literally here everyday debating his price. Everyone who follows football and transfers, knows Rice is worth more than £60m in todays market. Just like everyone knows he isn't worth £150m.
And I don’t agree with the qualities you keep mentioning. Stop acting like a know it all. Your opinion ain’t worth more than anyone else. I may bring up his IRA support and you may have another meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom