• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ethan Nwaneri: Se Queda

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka position?
That's the projection, they seem to like him a lot as a #6 (so do i) but he has just as much potential in Xhakas position and has a bit more thrust. Left #8, #6 and at a push LB are the main areas of interest. Have a feeling he's gonna be pushed as a #6 as there's a couple other interesting looking 8s coming up in Ayden Heaven and Bless Akolbire but need to see more of them at u18 level.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is 15 years old and actually is league above most already at u18. Big loss.

But we have talented players! Cozier-Duberry amd Lewis-Skelly. Its not all doom and gloom.
Neither our u18 or U21 are great for their level. There are several teams in this country who are better than the u18 he plays for even in London. Actually 5 London teams are ahead of them in their league

Now I’m not saying he is not talented at all. But let’s be honest now. He got couple of mins for the first team when the club thought he was leaving and knew first team debut and youngest pl player would increase the compensation. Of all the u21 and u18 he wasn’t the one most ready for a debut

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
If his agent is behind this then he should sack his agent. Based on the noises coming out this is the wrong way for a youngster to go about his ways at Arsenal. Arteta gave him that debut, Ethan should show respect.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I also think unless you are heavily invested in the academy like @MutableEarth a lot of the reaction on here really depends on how the 1st team is doing.

The weight of expectation put on these kids by some is massive.

It wasn't too long ago that people on here were screaming for massive talents Patino & Azeez to start in CM.

They are still both talented young players & now out on loan for further development.

When the 1st team was somewhat struggling/in transition they were laughingly held up by many on here as some kind of divine saviours & Arteta was being an absolute idiot for not playing them😁

Now people thankfully are far more chilled.

Good prospects but im still not sure either of them will reach the level needed to make it here btw.

Let's be honest most hadn't even heard of Ethan 6 months ago.

He may go on to be a top player or he could be the new frimpong?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It wasn't too long ago that people on here were screaming for massive talents Patino & Azeez to start in CM.

They are still both talented young players & now out on loan for further development.
That wasn't the case, people only wanted squad roles for them that were given to plumbers like Elneny, Laca, Luiz, etc. That was a fair shout to promote kids faster rather than overpaying useless seniors at the time we were struggling financially and we didn't compete for anything

Nobody wanted to replace Partey with Azeez so no need to reinvent the past

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
That wasn't the case, people only wanted squad roles for them that were given to plumbers like Elneny, Laca, Luiz, etc. That was a fair shout to promote kids faster rather than overpaying useless seniors at the time we were struggling financially and we didn't compete for anything

Not reinventing the past even for squad roles they were/are not at the level needed at the time.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But how can azeez be better than el neny when he can’t even fully nail a place in segunda or championship team. We tend to hugely overrate our youth

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Azeez probably not the best example in hindsight. Has had an incredibly disappointing pro career so far relative to his talent level. People were quite OTT with Patino aswell, I do remember feeling as though he'd take a while to be ready.

That said, you're correct. Regardless of their actual level, most people were sick of the usual squad guys and wanted to see some new blood when times were hard - me included. It might not have worked but the squaddies weren't working either!

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I would seriously doubt the decision making of Nwaneri if he went to Chelsea. At that point I would say good riddance, the lad is a total fool.

Hutchinson is 3,5 years older and is mostly out of squad and still playing for U21, while Boehly is a crazy man in the transfer market.

That would be like the worst career move ever. :lol:
You honestly think Nwaneri is the one making any decisions? Kid is 15. It's def his parents and agent

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You honestly think Nwaneri is the one making any decisions? Kid is 15. It's def his parents and agent
It doesn't matter much who makes the decisions. If he is ill-advised now and goes with it, he will be in the future too.

In any case I assume he has a say in his own future.

Geofranco

Very true.

Though at least Anelka won 2 English Doubles, a Champions League and a Euros...Harry will be switching sports soon to try and get his hands on some silverware.

Hang on...

harry-kane-has-gone-to-extreme-lengths-to-finally-win.jpg
Kane is one ugly son of a gun.

Geofranco

Xhaka position?
If he refines his game, Skelly would be a menace in that Xhaka position. I honestly believe he has the most raw talent in an academy prospect I have seen since Wilshere. But he still needs a lot of polish. Hopefully he can also grow a bit taller.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Don't attack a 15 year old lol. It's clearly the adults in his life that want the move. The love of money is the root of all evil.
Yeah I understand, they will manipulate him. I was hoping he would be a normal kid like Saka who wants to play football and loves Arsenal, but better to part ways now if that's not the case.

If he is discussing deals with other clubs at the age of 15, that's not something I want to see from a kid even if he becomes a good player later.

Anyways, Skelly is here and let's hope he becomes a leader next year at u23. Will soon join the first team I reckon

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Yeah I understand, they will manipulate him. I was hoping he would be a normal kid like Saka who wants to play football and loves Arsenal, but better to part ways now if that's not the case.

If he is discussing deals with other clubs at the age of 15, that's not something I want to see from a kid even if he becomes a good player later.

Anyways, Skelly is here and let's hope he becomes a leader next year at u23. Will soon join the first team I reckon
Saka isn't normal.

Not only does he have parents who have been fantastic in keeping him grounded etc, but also his emotional maturity and intelligence levels have been way above most kids in the UK, let alone the average in academies.

If Nwaneri is under pressure from family (and often this kids are the golden goose for otherwise poor families) etc, it can be very hard to resist at his age. Hutchinson would have been much more conscious in his decision making being older (and also being a chelsea fan as a kid)

Top Bottom