• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
These auba comparisons are so lazy. Yes Nelli should be judged on end product more than Saka. But did Auba EVER put in the all round work that Martinelli does every single game? Did he ****.

Why should he be judged on end product more than Saka? Martinelli adds just as much to our general play and has to work harder on defense to cover for Zinchenko. He’s doing way more than just scoring goals.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I would keep Martinelli for Leeds, but when we go to Anfield I would go Saka-Trossard-Jesus as our attack.

Nothing against Gabby M, top young player...but while we have the experience lets use it, especially in the big games!

I would like to see Trossard and Jesus together. Could be interesting. But I’m not sure why we would change so much in an attack that’s working pretty darn well. Especially dropping our top goal scorer.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Why should he be judged on end product more than Saka? Martinelli adds just as much to our general play and has to work harder on defense to cover for Zinchenko. He’s doing way more than just scoring goals.
He definitely doesn't add as much to general play. But he does work extremely hard for the team off ball. Great young talent

Buhry

Established Member

I would keep Martinelli for Leeds, but when we go to Anfield I would go Saka-Trossard-Jesus as our attack.

Nothing against Gabby M, top young player...but while we have the experience lets use it, especially in the big games!

They still play Trent at right back, martinelli will eat him alive like he usually does. Our first goal against them last time came from martinelli running in behind trent as well.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

After the City loss, Martinelli has a goal per 75 minutes in EPL. 6 goals in 6 games. Talk about getting back to form.

Frqj-fHaUAI11Ka

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
They still play Trent at right back, martinelli will eat him alive like he usually does. Our first goal against them last time came from martinelli running in behind trent as well.
Yeah any team that doesn't look to isolate Trent and abuse him with a pacy player is surely managed by an idiot which explains how Utd lost 7-0 there.

blrgooner

Established Member
It wasn't every now and then. He was regularly tracking back to the point that even you managed to see it.

Wasn't even the reason Arteta cut him? It was because he arrived late from France.

The only caveat I have over the Auba situation is how public it was, anyways. So there rest just reeks of projection/barking up the wrong tre, Hydro.
No comments about his actual removal from the team but he was playing in the exact position Martinelli is playing now in. AM of course decided to say that it was Arteta`s mistake that he was playing Auba in LWB position. Technically the same people should now appreciate Martinelli for producing 13 goals from LWB position.
Not a slight on Auba though. He just didn`t suit the systeam Arteta wanted to play and the system takes precedence over any individual player for me and thus it was good for everyone that he left.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
No comments about his actual removal from the team but he was playing in the exact position Martinelli is playing now in. AM of course decided to say that it was Arteta`s mistake that he was playing Auba in LWB position. Technically the same people should now appreciate Martinelli for producing 13 goals from LWB position.
Not a slight on Auba though. He just didn`t suit the systeam Arteta wanted to play and the system takes precedence over any individual player for me and thus it was good for everyone that he left.

Huh? It was hyperbole and the context of the team was completely different and not the point I was making at all?

blrgooner

Established Member
Huh? It was hyperbole and the context of the team was completely different and not the point I was making at all?
It was of course a hyperbole. But it was designed to absolve blame from one person and put it squarely on the other. Auba was never playing LWB neither is Martinelli. Don`t think the context of the team w.r.t to that position is different at all. Of course we are attacking much better now but Martinelli came in last season when we were not so much better in attack and played quite well there too.
I know that was not the point you were making. This was just an orthogonal observation. Not pointing at you or any individual either. Just pointing out the general tendency of people in AM to go overboard in terms of supporting one individual over another.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It was of course a hyperbole. But it was designed to absolve blame from one person and put it squarely on the other. Auba was never playing LWB neither is Martinelli. Don`t think the context of the team w.r.t to that position is different at all. Of course we are attacking much better now but Martinelli came in last season when we were not so much better in attack and played quite well there too.
I know that was not the point you were making. This was just an orthogonal observation. Not pointing at you or any individual either. Just pointing out the general tendency of people in AM to go overboard in terms of supporting one individual over another.

No it wasn't? The original point was Auba wasn't putting on the work, I said he was and pointed out that work rate was not the reason their relationship soured.

Not everything is a slight on Arteta, friend.

Back then people were saying players were downing tools and I pointed out that even Auba was tracking back a lot.

The only mild critiscm I have over him having to track back so much is that it meant Auba has to be part of the build up, something he was absolutely dreadful at.

It's also something I think applies to Martinelli since, while he is much, much better than Auba if asked to be involved in the build up, he is also more of a vertical, on the shoulder of the defender, end product player.

Just pointing out the general tendency of people in AM to go overboard in terms of supporting one individual over another.

A bit ironic that you say that while also falling to another AM general tendency which is arguing a point nobody was trying to make and seeing something being pointed out of (a) and jumping to a conclusion on (b) like saying Trilly hates Sakas gut (when that's only partially true).

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Auba has everyone fooled if people believe he was putting some shift in. Yes he did some nice tracking backs every now and then but he was an awful bad team player and did not even do the bare minimum on the wings.

But guess it bodes well with dictator Teta being mean to poor Auba
Yeah this was deffo the forum 'agenda' by many.

I loved peak Auba & he put in a real decent shift at times no denyin but to say he did as much hard work for the team as consistently as Nelli is simply a falicy.

LW is possibly even more demanding now as Zinny is all over the place

It's almost like saying Özil did as much off the ball as Ode.

Tbf to Mesut I thort he worked hard in the games he played under Mikel.

So sure working hard is a requisit under the manager but if the player doesn't have the stamina/physical attributes there is a limit.

For instance you could'nt fault Laca's effort but he was gassed after 60 mins & couldn't get into the box.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Certain man was crying for Pepe until his last breath because he wears the latest Louboutin designers even though he was tripping over his own feet on the pitch. Meanwhile Saka and Martinelli are firing Arsenal to a PL title but man is constantly looking for upgrades because reasons.
Oh didn't even see this one from you. Usually when you banter people you tag them so they can engage in the jokes?

What you're doing is just constantly sneakdissing that's real b*tch behaviour you know and I'm not sure what you want to come of it? Also give it a rest with the fashion thing you're projecting so hard I'm starting to feel like there's some trauma here. Did you get laughed at on non-uniform day/casual fridays or something?

Also stop saying certain man, you're not from here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Only 1 goal less than PL superstar good enough for Real Madrid PRashford

Nobody talking about our gabby tho

Unless its the goodwilling A-M members that want somebody with more playmaking ability
Omg and more, damn it really stinks of b*tch in here.

You and a few other weirdos on here have got nothing valid to say so you've just resorted to twisting words. Brudda if you're a man @ me next time.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Oh didn't even see this one from you. Usually when you banter people you tag them so they can engage in the jokes?

What you're doing is just constantly sneakdissing that's real b*tch behaviour you know and I'm not sure what you want to come of it? Also give it a rest with the fashion thing you're projecting so hard I'm starting to feel like there's some trauma here. Did you get laughed at on non-uniform day/casual fridays or something?

Also stop saying certain man, you're not from here.
Hahah i love you bro im just joking with you

Also whats a non-uniform day? We do not wear uniforms to school here in holland

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Hahah i love you bro im just joking with you

Also whats a non-uniform day? We do not wear uniforms to school here in holland

One of my only memories as a child of 4 or 5 from London was the sadistic short shorts with sweaters and ties they used to make us wear in freezing a.s London. Why the F did they give us itchy wool sweaters and then make us wear 80s short shirts that did nothing to protect a small child from a London fall. Seriously English uniforms in early 80s and late 70s were like something right out of Oliver Twist designed by some sadist.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
One of my only memories as a child of 4 or 5 from London was the sadistic short shorts with sweaters and ties they used to make us wear in freezing a.s London. Why the F did they give us itchy wool sweaters and then make us wear 80s short shirts that did nothing to protect a small child from a London fall. Seriously English uniforms in early 80s and late 70s were like something right out of Oliver Twist designed by some sadist.
Character building mate.
Made u the successful man u are today!!😁

Latest posts+

Top Bottom