• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.4%

• Total voters

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I mean you’re guilty of EXACTLY what you’re accusing @A_G of… seeming to know what is in @Trilly ‘s head instead of taking what he said at face value.

Don’t get me wrong I love piling on trills as much as the next guy but what he said here wasn’t exactly outrageous. He was basically just sitting on the fence.
No, I'm waiting for Trilly to come and defend his post. Not AG who claims to know what Trilly meant because he has the correct interpretation.

I'm just pointing out the fallacy in his post which looks very funny to me. To say Saka's scoring ceiling is at Silva's level when it was already there and then saying "until then".

Can't understand how you guys can't see how amusing it looks. :lol:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
No, I'm waiting for Trilly to come and defend his post. Not AG who claims to know what Trilly meant because he has the correct interpretation.

I'm just pointing out the fallacy in his post which looks very funny to me. To say Saka's scoring ceiling is at Silva's level when it was already there and then saying "until then".

Can't understand how you guys can't see how amusing it looks. :lol:

You’re not reading his post right. He said IF he doesn’t improve his finishing THEN his ceiling was Silva. It’s not that deep. I didn’t agree with him fwiw

drippin

You’re not reading his post right. He said IF he doesn’t improve his finishing THEN his ceiling was Silva. It’s not that deep. I didn’t agree with him fwiw
You're not understanding what my point is and what I'm laughing at. By comparing his scoring ability to Silva, he is saying his ceiling is Silva, so he was at his ceiling already last season. He could have said his ceiling is Mahrez scoring levels if he develops his finishing, but he did it this way which is why it looks so funny.

So it looks like he didn't think he will improve at 20 years old, especially as in the same message he says he doesn't think he is a wide forward, which seems to mean he isn't a goal-scoring winger in his view. As he mentions Malouda being very good wide player, but who isn't good at scoring like Saka in his opinion.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

You're not understanding what my point is and what I'm laughing at. By comparing his scoring ability to Silva, he is saying his ceiling is Silva, so he was at his ceiling already last season. He could have said his ceiling is Mahrez scoring levels if he develops his finishing, but he did it this way which is why it looks so funny.

So it looks like he didn't think he will improve at 20 years old, especially as in the same message he says he doesn't think he is a wide forward, which seems to mean he isn't a goal-scoring winger in his view. As he mentions Malouda being very good wide player, but who isn't good at scoring like Saka in his opinion.
Nah man I get your point. I’m just saying what he said isn’t logically incoherent. But you saying “it looks like he didn’t think” is assuming you know what he is thinking.

What he said was a redundant statement. A bit like saying if birds didn’t have wings they couldn’t fly. It’s true and you can’t really argue with it but I mean… saying sth outrageous but covering his tracks is classic @Trilly - he is a master of his craft and I love his work.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Wtf is this? :lol: How am I supposed to talk about his posts? Or should I not point out his silly views at all?

You can go nuts. But what you cannot do, is have a go at someone for presuming to know what Trilly is thinking and then do exactly the same thing. That IS logically incoherent, and hypocritical to boot.

drippin

You can go nuts. But what you cannot do, is have a go at someone for presuming to know what Trilly is thinking and then do exactly the same thing. That IS logically incoherent, and hypocritical to boot.
You didn't answer how am I supposed to comment/critique his posts, if I can't say what it looks like he is saying? Oh my god. :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He could always shoot though. He just struggled with a bit of composure. It was clear he just needed reps and experience. A player like Nketiah for instance can't shoot and it was obvious since he played U18 football. I don't know, maybe I just watched too much youth football in that dire period for Arsenal. First team was a shambles, not going anywhere, unlikeable players, terrible football to watch, the academy players were way more exciting to watch from around 2015-2021. So I got to see Saka a lot and it was obvious to me he had everything to become a star. I never said the things I said about Saka for ESR or Reiss Nelson. I never even rated Nketiah, so it wasn't like I was blinded by academy bias. Only concern for Saka to me was the consistency of his first touch and sharpness in his link up play.
We’ve talked about his ability to strike a ball well (being on set pieces) but inability to finish consistently.

At the time of Malouda comparisons there wasn’t any evidence that he would improve his finishing, some players never do even if they are good ball strikers.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

No, he said that Saka still had something to prove in that regard:

“Until then” means it’s still to be determined and could change.
Guys trying so hard to find reasons to have a go now that I don’t have any controversial opinions about our players. :lol:

drippin

Thought to look when and how I talked about our players shooting ability, interesting to see how it has gone.

21st August 2021, reply to a post which mentions Saka and others needing more end-product:
"They all know how to pass, and especially Ødegaard and ESR how to shoot. Pepe too."
https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/martin-Ødegaard.34994/post-5624559

1st October 2021:
I think ESR's shooting ability shouldn't be underestimated, and you likely here didn't as Mount is clearly a great shooter.

People are worried about ESR goal output, but I wouldn't yet. He can shoot and score.

24th March 2022:
I have said it before, and afterwards they started scoring more, but I think Martinelli, ESR, Saka and Ødegaard all are capable of scoring many goals.

I even think Partey has a good shot, it's just a mental block for him, and he has now hit the bar recently.

Also in my opinion Saka is a winger, and of course more of a winger than ESR. He can glide past players on the edge of the box and pass or shoot goals. Just needs to improve it, but he is young.

31st July 2022:
Okay, I understand. It's hard to say how careers go, but I see Saka having higher ceiling than Alexis. Alexis was such a hard worker as the best in the game, that he fulfilled his potential to the max at Arsenal.

Saka is not as good as Trent in crossing, of course, Trent is like top 10 in the world in that. But it does not mean that he is lacking in that department if he does not cross much, because that is related to tactics more than his qualities. He takes our corners on the right.

The kid can also shoot, and it will come in time very likely. Not prime Van Persie levels of course, as he is one of the best ever strikers of the ball.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
We’ve talked about his ability to strike a ball well (being on set pieces) but inability to finish consistently.

At the time of Malouda comparisons there wasn’t any evidence that he would improve his finishing, some players never do even if they are good ball strikers.
For me the evidence was in some of the finishes I saw from him in the academy. There was serious technique there that you just don't lose over time. Plus he thrived under pressure. Best academy pressure player I saw in his group. Literally always stepped up in every big game at that level.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I mean you’re guilty of EXACTLY what you’re accusing @A_G of… seeming to know what is in @Trilly ‘s head instead of taking what he said at face value.

Don’t get me wrong I love piling on trills as much as the next guy but what he said here wasn’t exactly outrageous. He was basically just sitting on the fence.

So instead of pulling a drippin he was pulling an @A_G?

drippin

For me the evidence was in some of the finishes I saw from him in the academy. There was serious technique there that you just don't lose over time. Plus he thrived under pressure. Best academy pressure player I saw in his group. Literally always stepped up in every big game at that level.
Exactly, but Trilly pretends he developed most of it in under a year, so he won't be wrong.

Or maybe this season has been a purple patch in his view, and Saka will drop his scoring in the future? Who knows.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Thought to look when and how I talked about our players shooting ability, interesting to see how it has gone.

21st August 2021, reply to a post which mentions Saka and others needing more end-product:

1st October 2021:

24th March 2022:

31st July 2022:

Do you want a pat on the back, mate?

@Blood on the Tracks has got you covered if so.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Now we just need Saka to have a bit more luck with his shots. He isn't as good shooter as those two, but he has good enough finishing potential.
If Saka worries you, I'm worried for you.

He has been a staple performer for ages, and is 20 years old.

He is not as good shooter as our other youngsters, but he is not bad.
garth-crooks.gif

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Saka was already at Silva levels in regard of goal scoring last season so this looks really funny like I said. How can his ceiling in goal scoring be at Silva levels if he is there already? Ceiling talks about potential, not the current level, unless you think the current level is the ceiling.

Of course he says "until then" so he has an excuse for these comparisons. It's prime GDeep methods. He always doubted Saka's finishing ability, and now that Saka has shown he can shoot and score, he can just say Saka has suddenly in under a year developed his finishing from almost zero to hero, so to speak.

He said in the same message, while also defending the comparison with Malouda, because Saka doesn't score enough for him:

"he could be prolific a la Sterling but I don’t think Saka is a wide forward."
Why are you dragging up posts that are like a year old and then being deliberately obtuse in your interpretation of them just so you can try and have a go? :lol:

At the time he wasn’t a great finisher and was more of a facilitator so I said it looks like he’ll be a Bernado Silva type who will chip in with a few goals a season but not really push on from that mark. Some players do hit their goal scoring ceiling very early, especially facilitator types like Bernado Silva.

Of course he says "until then" so he has an excuse for these comparisons. It's prime GDeep methods. He always doubted Saka's finishing ability, and now that Saka has shown he can shoot and score, he can just say Saka has suddenly in under a year developed his finishing from almost zero to hero, so to speak.
This paragraph just shows that you’re SUPER weird.

Firstly I said “until then” because I can’t tell the future, pretty normal thing to say, especially with Saka. Get over yourself with the conspiracies :lol:

Secondly remember when we spammed this thread arguing and you swore up and down that you weren’t targeting me with the bolded even though it was very clear you were? Well, well, well. You’ve completely exposed yourself due to your inability to just let things go.

Sad thing is you’re wrong as well. Saying he can’t shoot was a simplification. There are posts from ages ago (well before he started demonstrating this goalscoring form) on here where I expand on it and say he can shoot but he can’t finish and just needs to practice. It’s not something I’ve started saying recently. But you’re choosing to ignore that (even though you love a good search) so you can argue? :lol:

One thing about me, I’m consistent with my views and can admit when I’m wrong. You’re trying to son me from posts a year old and still failing, while people who have no loyalties to me are stepping in to defend those posts. This is embarrassing, give it a rest.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Exactly, but Trilly pretends he developed most of it in under a year, so he won't be wrong.
What?? 🤣🤣🤣
Disagree sorry. You’re not going to get a lot of goals without good shooting technique.
Saka actually has good ball striking, so it’s just a case of reps. Getting used to finishing from certain areas and executing more consistently.
this is from October when a lot of fans were starting to realise that his finishing wasn’t the best.

I don’t know why you keep pushing this argument that I’m saying he went from zero to hero in terms of finishing just to ‘cover’ myself. I really hope you drop this now, it just looks childish and vindictive.

Bigger men than you have tried to take me down, they all end up the same way, logging on, indirecting me whenever they can and looking for any excuse to come for me. Join the club I can give you their @s if you’re interested one is BigPo- nvm.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

This guy's team of the week on the BBC website are hilarious.

"Why Saka is in my team of the week..."

One sentence on how well Bukayo played, then four paragraphs on how he will commit seppuku if Arsenal win the league 🤣

Top Bottom