• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

MikeVinna

Established Member
Think the smartest thing would be to sell Nketiah if we can get top value and give Balo that squad role.

If not then try and get Balo another good loan.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think the smartest thing would be to sell Nketiah if we can get top value and give Balo that squad role.

If not then try and get Balo another good loan.

Think Eddie is here for another 12 months at the earliest.

Artera loves him and there's other more pressing matters as far as squad makeup go.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I’m sure he’d want us to give him a chance to see where he can get to in the rotation. He’s back himself to get ahead of ESR and Eddie in the rotation and I wouldn’t mind giving him a season or two to do that. If he wants to leave after that then fair enough.

Martinelli is our only outlet player at the moment, Balogun could be a genuine alternative in that role.

17 league goals at this age is scary. The upside of Balogun has to be explored imo.

I personally can't see it. If someone like AC Milan wanted him he'd be starting there and I think that would appeal more than coming back here and trying to fight his way into the team.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I love Balogun but there are more obviously talented youngsters out there like Højlund that could potentially be snapped up if we get a lot of money out of selling the likes of Tierney, Tavares, Balogun, and even Nketiah. Thats a potential 120-140 million generated from expendable players to get an extra marquee signing that's more likely to have an immediate impact.

bergholt

Non-pen goals in Ligue 1 so far this year

17: Mbappe (24 years old, PSG)
16:
15:
14: Openda (23, Lens)
13: Balogun (21, Reims), Ben Yedder (32, Monaco), David (23, Lille), Diallo (27, Strasbourg), Lacazette (31, Lyon), Messi (35, PSG)
12: Elye Wahi (20, Montpellier), Embolo (26, Monaco)
11: Moffi (23, Lorient), Neymar (31, PSG)
10: Dallinga (22, Toulouse), Sanchez (34, Marseille)

So yeah Flo is doing well but a few other young players for mid-table clubs are also scoring goals in Ligue 1, if you take penalties out of the equation. Elye Wahi, Moffi, Dallinga.

He's clearly a very good prospect but it's not like he's statistically head and shoulders above everyone else of his age.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

16:
15:
13: Balogun (21, Reims), Ben Yedder (32, Monaco), David (23, Lille), Diallo (27, Strasbourg), Lacazette (31, Lyon), Messi (35, PSG)

So yeah Flo is doing well but a few other young players for mid-table clubs are also scoring goals in Ligue 1, if you take penalties out of the equation. Elye Wahi, Moffi, Dallinga.

He's clearly a very good prospect but it's not like he's statistically head and shoulders above everyone else of his age.
Someone here told me that he won those penalties, he might have had 5 goals even if he wasn't fouled when in the box

bergholt

Someone here told me that he won those penalties, he might have had 5 goals even if he wasn't fouled when in the box

Wouldn't that also be the case for others though? Without going through and looking at each individual penalty I'd assume they're all about proportional

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

16:
15:

Should have a look at signing that MBappe player 🤔

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

16:
15:

Where's our £70m boy Pepe?

Edit: just checked he has 6 goals but only played 17 games tbf.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

16:
15:

So elye Wahi has a goal less outside of pens and has played 287 mins less as well. Interesting as he unlike Balogun passes the eye test as super talent

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Wouldn't that also be the case for others though? Without going through and looking at each individual penalty I'd assume they're all about proportional
Maybe, maybe not, maybe they havet been fouled in the box, or scored penalties

Sparrahork

I am intrigued as to whether he has a shout at a call up to England if forwards pull out? Also whether he would accept it at this time or keep his options open?

I assume he is in the u21s and the plan will be to keep him there, however he would possibly benefit more from being around the full squad. Also would those requesting his sale still be so adamant if he were a full England international?

Sparrahork

He's complaining about being left out of the England squad already. Big red flag 🚩 in my book. Shows that he doesn't have the mentality to fit in with the current squad.
I have just investigated this further, sure enough he has pulled out of the u21 squad injured and put up something on social media about not being appreciated.

If he isn't injured he has been very badly advised, he needs to eat some humble pie and make himself available again.

I say that as Southgate will not pick him for the next full squad if attempting to force the matter, he will not look at the bigger picture of a kane replacement as he will be gone by then, he will simply see balogun as not for him.

Balo may switch to Nigeria or usmnt this interlull, I would think neither will help his career much and as someone who identifies as English first he should show patience.

The reason I say that is because Toney will not be available after this month for England for a while, Southgate was under pressure to pick him so did ahead of balo. Next international break he will get a chance if not pissed people off and continuing his form.

There is an opportunity to fill the kane void that will emerge in a few years time, financially he will do better from being England's first choice striker to that of usmnt or Nigeria.

Balo also doesn't know what Eddie is going to do, what happens if he declares for Nigeria and they have Eddie and osihmen? Not a sensible decision as both young, usmnt there is some distance before crucial games for them too.

My advice would be hold off any international decision until the end of the season at least, everything will become clearer by then.

bergholt

I have just investigated this further, sure enough he has pulled out of the u21 squad injured and put up something on social media about not being appreciated.

If he isn't injured he has been very badly advised, he needs to eat some humble pie and make himself available again.

I say that as Southgate will not pick him for the next full squad if attempting to force the matter, he will not look at the bigger picture of a kane replacement as he will be gone by then, he will simply see balogun as not for him.

Balo may switch to Nigeria or usmnt this interlull, I would think neither will help his career much and as someone who identifies as English first he should show patience.

The reason I say that is because Toney will not be available after this month for England for a while, Southgate was under pressure to pick him so did ahead of balo. Next international break he will get a chance if not pissed people off and continuing his form.

There is an opportunity to fill the kane void that will emerge in a few years time, financially he will do better from being England's first choice striker to that of usmnt or Nigeria.

Balo also doesn't know what Eddie is going to do, what happens if he declares for Nigeria and they have Eddie and osihmen? Not a sensible decision as both young, usmnt there is some distance before crucial games for them too.

My advice would be hold off any international decision until the end of the season at least, everything will become clearer by then.

If he's going to stay at Arsenal then he should declare for whichever international side he's not going to get picked for, because I don't care about any of those international teams and international football is purely a waste of energy for Arsenal.

Top Bottom