• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The "Welcome to Arsenal" Declan Rice thread is going to be quite awkward for some AM posters :lol:
If we do sign him I'll make an unashamed 180 degree spin while reserving the right to call him a donkey when he puts in a stinker.

Can't see this happening though, will be real awkward when he signs for Boehlys band of inbreds and @OnlyOne love letters here are laid out for everyone to see.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He's just being a bigot about it. Criticised Partey as overrated for so long, can't adapt his opinion in the face of new data. It's an ego thing I reckon.
Isn’t that somewhat of a grey area? I reckon it’s much more black and white than that :shivering:

bastun

Player:Saka
I cannot comprehend how so many posters don't see what Rice brings to this team. If your issue is the price tag I can understand, but to diss the guy. He's a big strong physical player who is a natural leader as well. Exactly what Arteta wants for his system. He said it couple of times already. Yes he might not have Partey passing qualities and might not be that press resistant but will be a good backup to Partey and probably can play xhakas role. He is the right age, still can become a better player.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
The same midfield that bossed and bullied by Everton?

No Partey hasn't. Rose tinted fans like you are the reason why he was one of highest rated players in a match on a fan rating site when he came on as sub and hardly touched the ball.

Partey comes no where near Rodri statistically.

Partey has improved immensely from last season (in which he was dross) and at his best is very good. Partey, however, is far too inconsistent and dropped far too many poor performances to be considered amongst Rodri, Casemiro and Rice this season. Partey is in the next bracket with Caicedo and Norgaard and it's debatable he's been even been better than them.

It's clear Partey has been our weakest performing player this season in our starting 11 again. Jorginho in his short time here has shown the gulf of technical ability and positional awareness between the two.
Casemiro is late in challenges and misses a lot of easy passes. On top of that he doesn't have the dribbling skills Partey has.

You are lost.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Casemiro is late in challenges and misses a lot of easy passes. On top of that he doesn't have the dribbling skills Partey has.

You are lost.

Partly is better at evading the press (almost Torreira like) and a better dribbler than Casemiro.

Ro counter it Partey also gives away posseion often (some very sloppy in vulnerable positions) and doesn't have the positional awareness that Casemiro has.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

You are lost.

He's also got himself red carded (straight red) TWICE in barely 6 mo of football :lol:

Reactions: Xln

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Partly is better at evading the press (almost Torreira like) and a better dribbler than Casemiro.

Ro counter it Partey also gives away posseion often (some very sloppy in vulnerable positions) and doesn't have the positional awareness that Casemiro has.

Passing Accuracy

Partey 87%
Casemiro 79%
Rice 89%

Long Pass Accuracy

Rice 72%
Partey 68%
Casemiro 55%

Times Lost Possesion Per Game

Partey 12.4
Casimiro 16.2
Rice 9

Ball Recoveries Per Game

Partey 9
Casimiro 7.8
Rice 9.7

And more if interested

DuBB

As someone who spent more time watching AM than posting, I love the way our online fanbase sways.

We love nothing more than admiring a player from afar, and then trying to talk ourselves out of them when they're actually linked to us.

It's happening now with Rice, because I know for a fact if there was a race for his signature and every other Top 6 club was an option but us, we'd be asking "why not us?"

The Caicedo thing was a perfect microcosm.

He was "the type of player" we should be getting and wishlist material.

Then we bid for him, and roundly people were saying we were bidding too much and he wasn't worth the price, not experience enough etc. etc.

We didn't get him, and now most links are to Rice, and suddenly, Caicedo is back to being one we should be after.

I'm speaking generally, I'm not targeting any one poster, but the ways the tides shift over here is WILD.

😂

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Call me a hater. But he is carbon copy of Hjorberg. Good grafter, but very little ability to control a midfield or make smart passes.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom