• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft CL Draft Sign-up Thread and Discussion

The picks

Now onto the admin side.

• The idea is to pick a team of 11 players from the Champions League era
  • You will be looking to pick the best players you possibly can for your team for all areas: goalkeeper, defenders, midfielders and attackers
  • The player is picked based upon their performances at their time for the season you chose him for (i.e. if you pick Andriy Shevchenko for AC Milan, his form at Kiev and Chelsea does NOT come into the equation during the competition).
  • You need to select at least one player from the top 5 league in Europe: Premier League (England), La Liga (Spain), Seria A (Italy), Bundesliga (Germany) and Ligue 1 (France).
  • For the season that the player is picked, he must have reached at least the quarter final stage of the competition
  • Each player, must have played in at least one Champions League final.
  • Number 1 gets first pick, Number 2 gets second pick, Number 3 gets third pick and so on....
  • When offline, each member will get 2 hours to make their pick, if you miss the window then your pick will be chosen by the Rexdomizer ™.
  • If the next picker is online and active in discussion he has only 20 minutes to make his pick
  • The game will be frozen each night at 9pm GMT and resume at 9am GMT the following morning. You are still free to make your pick in this period if you want to but are under no obligation to do so.
  • The draft order will be drawn at random and will follow the 3rd round reverse snake format. So the same as last time where we flip the order after the second round. This should stop anyone building up an unfair advantage by going first.
  • The season of your player must have reached one of the below stages depending on when that season falls...
Prior to 1994-95: Quarter finals
1994-95 to 1998-99: Semi finals
1999-2000 to 2002-03: 2nd group stage
2003-04 to present day: Quarter finals

• AGAIN, You need to draft a starting XI and five outfield substitutes. The 17th round will consist of backup goalkeepers. You have to draft one Goalkeeper in the first 11 rounds.

That’s it for now. The game will hopefully start at 12 noon GMT on Thursday. That should give everyone enough time to figure out the rules and make plans. We may start earlier depending on sign up.

As I’ve said above there will be a definitive result this time! I’ve set up a custom league ready to be simulated, I just have to add your players once selected and fingers crossed we’ll have the results and champion before the Leeds match 🙏

Thanks everyone and enjoy the game!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Phew, I thought you were gonna nick Idris Al-Iniesta off of us.
Honestly, he was my next pick. It's coming down to the bones soon with the final elites. Some have saved a pick from the elite teams(real etc.). But I am guessing a lot of participants are going to forget about having a player from several leagues.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Really toed the line with that pick.
Thought we picked on player performance in the CL that year... Is it a political game?
We all support Partey here for his performances tbf.

sweating key and peele GIF

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Nooooooo my Alves ffs that's my next pick. The fullbacks are running out.

@Rex Bezos partivpated in UCL final means must play or just be on the bench. If need any minutes we have even lesser players
Bro how many defenders you want? Lol the bench will be tough to fill out considering restrictions from club teams you have already picked. I really think for bench players we should let you pick second players from a team you already picked. Maybe not load up an all Barca or Madrid bench but allow you to get just let you pick second players from a club as long as you don’t keep repeating the same club a 3rd or 4th time

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Bro how many defenders you want? Lol the bench will be tough to fill out considering restrictions from club teams you have already picked. I really think for bench players we should let you pick second players from a team you already picked. Maybe not load up an all Barca or Madrid bench but allow you to get just let you pick second players from a club as long as you don’t keep repeating the same club a 3rd or 4th time
I'm playing 5 at the back so yeah needs great wingbacks

Farzad Stoned

I'm playing 5 at the back so yeah needs great wingbacks
That is the problem i found and why decided not go 2-3-5 or 3-4-3 it is a hard position to find a lot of good wingbacks. I actually like those setups a lot as it gives you both two strikers and numvers in midfield if you play aggressively

Farzad Stoned

Jeez i am up at 3 am ready to crack people on the Russian invasion and complete my super team and no one picked anything yet? Jeez how much beauty sleep do you Eurozone posh boys need?

• Funny
Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom