• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Southgate is just Mclaren with a much better and balanced team at his disposal than his predecessors for the past 20 years.

Should of blown away opposition all way through the Euros and world cup and won it. Shocking underachievement considering the players we have.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

People talking about Rice being a baby in CM terms forget how much he's played already. Wouldn't mind him on a cheap as limited the donkey is but I'm positive his form will nosedive before he's 30, very few players who star in the PL from young have longevity

Knew you’d start to come around Jonas. Next minute you’ll be wearing a crusty Rice shirt.

Mitch

Baffles me that Kalvin Phillips walks into the England Team with so much limited football in the last 2 years.
Southgate is a ****in idiot.

Hasn't played that much football but Phillips was very good in past for England and excellent for Leeds. Phillips is England's best cm after Rice and Bellingham.

I more concerned about Dier and Maguire getting in the squad. Also England's most complete and talented RB in White left out the squad.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It was the same as the Euros final. England were blowing Italy away and then 2nd half allowed Italy back into the game. For all the positives Southgate has done with England this issue keeps popping up in big games. Croatia too, they couldn't keep the ball.
England did not blow Italy away in the first half. They had a great start and barely did anything after 10 mins. This idea that England are some sort of world beaters and Southgate is stopping them is delusion. Southgate is the best England manager in decades and has made England a mature and competitive team against the elite.

TopGunner81

Yeah, Southgate is a disgrace really.

Doesn't matter who the are personnel, when we go up ahead against a good side Southgate's natural reaction is to sit on the lead and we end up dropping deeper and deeper until

The England midfield totally dominated the Italian one in the first half. Just happens that Southgate is a football terrorist.

That 45 minutes was probably the best I’ve seen Rice play! Bullying Italians off the ball for fun, was shocked when Southgate took him off instead of Phillips

Jack badmon

Rice is a badman. Some of you man need to watch football outside a TV screen no disrespect. He is athletic, dynamic, tenacious and an excellent passer of the ball our game increases significantly with him as one of our soldiers. English Tax seems to polarise people one way or another its okay to admit he may be quite good. We aint talking jonjo shelvey here

Mitch

Rice is a badman. Some of you man need to watch football outside a TV screen no disrespect. He is athletic, dynamic, tenacious and an excellent passer of the ball our game increases significantly with him as one of our soldiers. English Tax seems to polarise people one way or another its okay to admit he may be quite good. We aint talking jonjo shelvey here

Outside a TV screen? I'm amazed if some of the posterson here even watch Arsenal on TV instead playing champ manager, Fifa, Pro Evolution, Offside, Adidas pro soccer or whatever is the now computer game.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I trust your judgement. Do you see a 100 million midfielder or am I just nitpicking with this guy

I'm baffled as to why you can't see it. Look past him in Southgates system. Southgate system doesn't get the best out of anyone apart from Pickford looking good making saves. Saka, Foden, Grealish, Kane, Bellingham. They all look **** for England. For their clubs they are under elite coaches who utilise positional rotation. He left Trent and White out of the squad and then on top of that continues to start Phillips. Southgate is useless.

Moyes is also a dinosaur. He couldnt get United to play football, West Ham are fighting relegation because he hasn't got a clue either.

Rice literally has everything apart from looking good on the eye, but I honestly couldn't care less if he doesn't look like he has flair. He doesn't need it.

He can pass the ball better than any other midfielder we have. Weight of pass, long passes, short passes, switches, through balls. He can not only pass, he can see a pass too. He can literally fade balls over the top to Martinelli and Saka all day long. He has the best passing stats in the league in a team that can't even pass the ball.

He can carry the ball. He can literally take it and drive through midfield like Partey. Except you don't fear his hamstrings will explode when he does it.

He is good in the air. We have a front line of midgets and Ødegaard. People want to replace Xhaka with a midget to add to our midgets. Rice is dominant in the air, he can score also.

He can tackle AND recover. He can hunt you down and take the ball of you and he can win it and drive away from you. Imagine having him higher up the field in an organised press. Currently Ødegaard puts up the best tackling numbers in the final third and he can't even tackle. Imagine Rice in an organised press tackling. He would create so many transition opportunities.

He is BOTH footed. Any complilation has him switching play with both feet. He can shoot off both feet also. His shooting is untapped because he is baby sitting in **** systems masquerading as a DM.

He is a leader. Currently captain and you can see he has the right character by how he interacts with Saka. He will be the next England captain if he joins us. No doubt in my mind.

He can play CB. He can play DM. He can play 8. Personally I think he is an 8. He has an incredible engine and everything we need in that left 8. He won't get nose bleeds around the edge of the box. Just because he doesn't look like Cazorla on the ball, it doesn't mean he is isn't capable of being highly efficient. I think he can get double figures for goals and I stand by that.

Last but not least. He I'd a robust physical monster. Look at the absolute size of him. Look at how reliable he is considering all the contact he goes into.

Ødegaard
Rice Partey

I'm sorry but that's a ****ing amazing midfield.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think he'd quite quickly be as good, if not better than Partey if he joins us.

Legend14

Established Member
He might not win as many matches as us for the things he does on the ball (even though I think he's more than decent enough at them). However, he might win us more matches by making us a bit more defensively solid in certain games.

Look at our record in big games, conceded 3 at Old Trafford, conceded 2 Vs Liverpool at home, 2 vs Utd at home, 3 vs City at home, still to go to Anfield and Etihad where I doubt we'll keep a clean sheet in either.

I'd rather go to these games, especially away from home, a bit more structured. We can do it, we were good vs Sp**s and Chelsea for example where I thought these were ideal away performances, but these have both dropped a level this season.

Our expansive game on the ball is really good, but we are still easy to play through at times, and we won't get lucky with last minute goals every week like we have vs Utd, Villa & Bournemouth.

You don't need to sign players who are the exact same, there's room for good players in our squad that offer different attributes, and Rice is a good player.
I am a proponent of defensive solidarity and agree Rice has a defensive focus. For the future, he is a solid choice.

For the next couple of years, what do we do with him? If he is willing to play half as many matches, by all means sign him.

Legend14

Established Member
I think he'd quite quickly be as good, if not better than Partey if he joins us.
Somethings you cannot teach. I’d rather not compare the two in capability. Both are effective at what they do. Just worrry about the near term redundancy,

Sounds like most are leaning towards get him now and figure it out later.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Somethings you cannot teach. I’d rather not compare the two in capability. Both are effective at what they do. Just worrry about the near term redundancy,

Sounds like most are leaning towards get him now and figure it out later.
With the uncertainties around TP5 both in terms of injuries and anything else he may be involved in, you do not give up the opportunity to sign a player of Rice's ability and let him go to United/Chelsea/Liverpool when he is someone we will need at some point both short term and long term.

This time last year everyone would have said Rice is likely out of our league. Now....he would be very willing to come to us. You have to make the most of that, not just for him, but other players.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

With the uncertainties around TP5 both in terms of injuries and anything else he may be involved in, you do not give up the opportunity to sign a player of Rice's ability and let him go to United/Chelsea/Liverpool when he is someone we will need at some point both short term and long term.

This time last year everyone would have said Rice is likely out of our league. Now....he would be very willing to come to us. You have to make the most of that, not just for him, but other players.
A West Ham player is never out of our league

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
No one wanted him until now. All media talk. It’s now he may be wanted depending on the price

Your ability to just post absolute garbage that is provably false is astounding.

We literally rejected a £100m bid last summer, with several ITKs confirming the bid happened. Seriously, do one second of research before you post.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No one wanted him until now. All media talk. It’s now he may be wanted depending on the price
Sure West Ham rejected a 100m bid from United. Clubs wanted him.

My point, which is correct, whether you like to admit it or not is that this is the first year in a while we could easily compete with the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool based on potential to win and football ambitions.

We look like a team that could win things. A place where players want to play to go to the next level.

Had Rice been sold last year he wouldn't have entertained us. This summer he will be pushing for the move.

CannonBals

I'm baffled as to why you can't see it. Look past him in Southgates system. Southgate system doesn't get the best out of anyone apart from Pickford looking good making saves. Saka, Foden, Grealish, Kane, Bellingham. They all look **** for England. For their clubs they are under elite coaches who utilise positional rotation. He left Trent and White out of the squad and then on top of that continues to start Phillips. Southgate is useless.

Moyes is also a dinosaur. He couldnt get United to play football, West Ham are fighting relegation because he hasn't got a clue either.

Rice literally has everything apart from looking good on the eye, but I honestly couldn't care less if he doesn't look like he has flair. He doesn't need it.

He can pass the ball better than any other midfielder we have. Weight of pass, long passes, short passes, switches, through balls. He can not only pass, he can see a pass too. He can literally fade balls over the top to Martinelli and Saka all day long. He has the best passing stats in the league in a team that can't even pass the ball.

He can carry the ball. He can literally take it and drive through midfield like Partey. Except you don't fear his hamstrings will explode when he does it.

He is good in the air. We have a front line of midgets and Ødegaard. People want to replace Xhaka with a midget to add to our midgets. Rice is dominant in the air, he can score also.

He can tackle AND recover. He can hunt you down and take the ball of you and he can win it and drive away from you. Imagine having him higher up the field in an organised press. Currently Ødegaard puts up the best tackling numbers in the final third and he can't even tackle. Imagine Rice in an organised press tackling. He would create so many transition opportunities.

He is BOTH footed. Any complilation has him switching play with both feet. He can shoot off both feet also. His shooting is untapped because he is baby sitting in **** systems masquerading as a DM.

He is a leader. Currently captain and you can see he has the right character by how he interacts with Saka. He will be the next England captain if he joins us. No doubt in my mind.

He can play CB. He can play DM. He can play 8. Personally I think he is an 8. He has an incredible engine and everything we need in that left 8. He won't get nose bleeds around the edge of the box. Just because he doesn't look like Cazorla on the ball, it doesn't mean he is isn't capable of being highly efficient. I think he can get double figures for goals and I stand by that.

Last but not least. He I'd a robust physical monster. Look at the absolute size of him. Look at how reliable he is considering all the contact he goes into.

Ødegaard
Rice Partey

I'm sorry but that's a ****ing amazing midfield.

This exactly, just don't get why people keep comparing him to Partey. If he comes here he is taking over Xhakas position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom