• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This exactly, just don't get why people keep comparing him to Partey. If he comes here he is taking over Xhakas position.
Because Rice is better at 6 than 8. He can do a job at 8 but his strengths are at 6.

Partey is 30 and has injury issues as well as others. Now is the time to get his long term replacement. Not when it's too late.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This exactly, just don't get why people keep comparing him to Partey. If he comes here he is taking over Xhakas position.
He is not. He is a 6 who at times can do a job as 8. I think there will be enough games for him and Partey in our team. We don’t have to be like now and say we can only focus on the league

Legend14

Established Member
He is not. He is a 6 who at times can do a job as 8. I think there will be enough games for him and Partey in our team. We don’t have to be like now and say we can only focus on the league
Agree he is not challenging Xhaka’s position; he’s not the 8 we need. He does unlock the impenetrable fortress formation as an option if Tierney stays.

Tierney, Rice, Partey, White, Gabriel, Saliba

1-0 to the Arsenal guarantee

CannonBals

He is a 6 who at times can do a job as 8.

You have just described Xhakha aswell here. I am not sure we are getting the attack minded 8 everyone is asking for. As the role Xhakha plays is pretty complicated. He plays a 6/8 hybrid role and tucks in at LB when needed.

I am ok with either but for 6 role i would say maybe Caicedo is better.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is a 6 who at times can do a job as 8.

You have just described Xhakha aswell here. I am not sure we are getting the attack minded 8 everyone is asking for. As the role Xhakha plays is pretty complicated. He plays a 6/8 hybrid role and tucks in at LB when needed.

I am ok with either but for 6 role i would say maybe Caicedo is better.
I think caicedo is simply a better footballer. But we need homegrown players and rice is good as well

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not when teams with bigger coffers are also looking at him.

We wouldn't stand a chance.
If we have other targets we don’t, but hold back on the rest and Chuck it all in for him then you never know. We’re not city, we can’t splash the cash on rice just for him to sit on the bench like they did with Philips.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Arsenal's next step is to stay a top team and try to compete for the league every season and become challengers for the Champions League. I just don't think Declan Rice is good enough for that next level we're trying to reach, if anything he's a downgrade on the three midfielders we have now.

say yes

forum master baiter
The fact he's not a Partey-regen doesn't mean he's not a '6' in Arteta's system.

Different profiles of player can play that role to a high standard: signing quality is more important than signing identical skill sets. Look at how Rodri replaced Fernandinho at City.

Henry boi

The fact he's not a Partey-regen doesn't mean he's not a '6' in Arteta's system.

Different profiles of player can play that role to a high standard: signing quality is more important than signing identical skill sets. Look at how Rodri replaced Fernandinho at City.
Fernandinho and Rodri are not that different tbf

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
But they aren't exactly the same.

I think that's the point. People are saying if Rice isn't exactly the same as Partey he's no good. However we don't truly know what Rice is capable or isn't capable of until he is tried in the system.

Tell anyone 3 years ago that Granit Xhaka would be an 8 for us making late runs into the box and putting delightful balls into the box from the left hand edge of the penalty box and they'd have said you haven't a clue.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
They’re about as different as Rice and Partey IMO. Maybe slightly less different due to both of them (and Partey) playing 6 while Rice is a 6/8 hybrid. But not too much of a gap there imo.

Not enough of a difference to say we shouldn’t bring Rice in at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom