• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 734,188
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Remember when us getting fleeced on sales was supposed to be a thing of the past?

Arteta did a lot to redeem himself this summer, hoping he can come around and incorporate Pepe into this team. Saka plays way too many minutes and a confident Pepe offers stuff not even Saka can
Like Dok said just below your post I think we’ve broken whatever player Pepe was.

In an ideal world he comes back as a Saka back-up that can play the Martinelli role but on the right but that player is gone and Mikel isn’t going to be the guy to fill him with confidence again.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Bro has no idea what he's doing yet looks like a mastermind :lol: that's why I never respect people off the back of their "careers".

Any of the watch nerds can discern what that is on his hand? Knowing how he moves on the market that's most likely a Hublot.
Looks like some kind of weird inflated Cartier

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Pepe will probably extend his loan. With his wages no one in France can pay fee for him except psg and he is not on their level

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

@dashsnow17 right now:
game entertainment GIF by NBA

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Like Dok said just below your post I think we’ve broken whatever player Pepe was.

In an ideal world he comes back as a Saka back-up that can play the Martinelli role but on the right but that player is gone and Mikel isn’t going to be the guy to fill him with confidence again.
Pepe hasn’t been broken, he has just reverted back to his norm. His final season at Lille was an outlier, a fluke, and he will never get back to that level. We need to move him on for a good fee and move forward.

Bloodbather

Established Member

None of those guys except DCL and maybe Tammy (neither of whom I'd want) would be content not being a surefire starter and making them a surefire starter would push Jesus to the right, Saka to the left, and Martinelli to the bench. Not ideal. Depth is important, but so is developing chemistry with a main first eleven. It's part of the reason why we've been so good this season, almost always the same team barring injuries or fatigue.

I get why we might look for a physical striker (to spice it up if things aren't going our way), but that profile has to be someone in the mold of Giroud, not just in terms of playstyle but also being content to sit on the bench as a difference maker. Likes of Osimhen, Vlahovic, and even Hojlund would mean re-adjusting our playstyle and rotation entirely.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Pepe hasn’t been broken, he has just reverted back to his norm. His final season at Lille was an outlier, a fluke, and he will never get back to that level. We need to move him on for a good fee and move forward.
The xG numbers and career trajectory up until that point literally show otherwise.

Better to say you dislike the guy than act like you know what you’re talking about

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I get why we might look for a physical striker (to spice it up if things aren't going our way), but that profile has to be someone in the mold of Giroud, not just in terms of playstyle but also being content to sit on the bench as a difference maker. Likes of Osimhen, Vlahovic, and even Hojlund would mean re-adjusting our playstyle and rotation entirely.
It's very hard to find a player of that quality. Giroud was one of a kind. I do think we need that type of striker to give us more options.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
The xG numbers and career trajectory up until that point literally show otherwise.

Better to say you dislike the guy than act like you know what you’re talking about
I’m confident Pepe will never reach 20 league goals again. You wanna bet on it?

Kuroske

None of those guys except DCL and maybe Tammy (neither of whom I'd want) would be content not being a surefire starter and making them a surefire starter would push Jesus to the right, Saka to the left, and Martinelli to the bench. Not ideal. Depth is important, but so is developing chemistry with a main first eleven. It's part of the reason why we've been so good this season, almost always the same team barring injuries or fatigue.

If we want to compete for all four cups, we need to have quality back ups. There are plenty of games to rotate. My heart skip a beat everytime I see one of our starting eleven laying on the pitch and I don't want to see Saka or Martinelli playing 60 games next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom