• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Struggling to keep reading this thread with the amount of people who can't see how good Rice is.

We also need to get to a point where we get over the big fees. We offered £90 million for Thomas Lemar ffs. That was years ago. We spent £72 million on Pepe and he flopped. If we buy Rice for £85 million, the whole fanbase will focus on the price tag, because it isn't the norm.

Do you think Chelsea fans talk about price? The whole football world is numb to it. Mudryk isn't performing and he cost a ridiculous amount. Enzo Fernandez has been average as the most expensive premier league transfer ever, yet nobody really relates his fee to his performances. Apparently a £100 million player needs time these days.

We need to buy Rice for £85 million and spend £75 million on Caicedo and get over the fees.
For me it's Rice or Caicedo, not Rice and Caicedo. Would be a bit redundant. If we're willing to spend that much we should look to get one of those two, and a midfielder who is versatile enough to play in other positions as well, a la Kudus.

avalonhse

Struggling to keep reading this thread with the amount of people who can't see how good Rice is.

We also need to get to a point where we get over the big fees. We offered £90 million for Thomas Lemar ffs. That was years ago. We spent £72 million on Pepe and he flopped. If we buy Rice for £85 million, the whole fanbase will focus on the price tag, because it isn't the norm.

Do you think Chelsea fans talk about price? The whole football world is numb to it. Mudryk isn't performing and he cost a ridiculous amount. Enzo Fernandez has been average as the most expensive premier league transfer ever, yet nobody really relates his fee to his performances. Apparently a £100 million player needs time these days.

We need to buy Rice for £85 million and spend £75 million on Caicedo and get over the fees.
As a fan, you can say whatever you like, because money is not yours. And the club should not follow what the fans said.

The world football is numb does not mean you must be numb as well. If Arsenal fans want to talk like Chelsea fans or City fans, find a Russian or Qatar owner first, otherwise what you guys are saying does not make sense.

The truth is the Arsenal owner will not give his money to Arsenal like Chelsea owner does, so what is the point talking about Mudryk transfer?

Instead, why dont we talk about Barcelona? They dont have a rich owner as well, and spending huge money to keep their dignity. The result is they are in big trouble of finance at the moment.

Arteta and Edu has worked years to do different things, they can buy Jesus if they feel the price is right and giving up Mudryk as well. That method may not work everytime but at least, it would not put the club into finance trouble.

PS: for me, 85 mil for Rice is fine. I just do not agree the reasoning here.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Why would we limit ourselves to the nine players you've listed? You really think there are just three midfielders outside the PL who could improve us?

Ødegaard might not have featured in Ancelotti's plans but that doesn't mean signing him for 35m is a given. Same time you could argue Rice has passed up two or three transfer windows where he could've forced West Ham's hand, they're in danger of going down etc, he doesn't have five years left on his contract either.

My point is even disregarding all the above Rice's talent doesn't warrant a fee that would make him our second or most expensive ever player. And even on a cheap I wouldn't want him to be a nailed on starter.

Those 9 players are the best midfielders with 18months on their contract (12 in the summer) or free in the summer. Those are the only ones I imagine we'll get a cut price deal on.

If we want someone who has 2-3 years on their deal, the going rate for a decent player, which seems to be 60-120. Those prices aren't even for elite players, they're for decent/good players.

If we want to sign Rice or Caicedo they will be our most expensive ever player because that's simply their market valuation in 2023. If you sign a good player from the PL with 2-3 years on their contract they'll cost 60m+ and probably 80m+

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Those 9 players are the best midfielders with 18months on their contract (12 in the summer) or free in the summer. Those are the only ones I imagine we'll get a cut price deal on.

If we want someone who has 2-3 years on their deal, the going rate for a decent player, which seems to be 60-120. Those prices aren't even for elite players, they're for decent/good players.

If we want to sign Rice or Caicedo they will be our most expensive ever player because that's simply their market valuation in 2023. If you sign a good player from the PL with 2-3 years on their contract they'll cost 60m+ and probably 80m+
The scary thing for us and other big pl clubs is that 60-70 million has become nothing. If a club like Bayern want to buy a CM. No one is saying 80 million. It’s not even logical for them. Then you end up in situation like mudryk and Anthony where people expect world class player because of the fee.

There is rumours Evan Ferguson is valued 70 million and United is looking at him. He has in his whole Brighton career 14 games 4 goals

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The scary thing for us and other big pl clubs is that 60-70 million has become nothing. If a club like Bayern want to buy a CM. No one is saying 80 million. It’s not even logical for them. Then you end up in situation like mudryk and Anthony where people expect world class player because of the fee.

There is rumours Evan Ferguson is valued 70 million and United is looking at him. He has in his whole Brighton career 14 games 4 goals

Just shows Rice for 80M will end up being a bargin.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

It's because of how much money PL clubs can generate. Really Arsenal have suffered some revenue loss without CL football. So we signed Jesus, Zinchenko, Trossard, all players who's contract are expiring so they cost half price in terms of market value and get a great deal. Now we have CL football again we can afford to step out of the bargain bin. But I also have no objection to signing good players who's contracts are running down

Realistically from here on, signing good players for 70-100m shouldn't be an issue unless they flop. If they improve us it should not be an issue for us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's because of how much money PL clubs can generate. Really Arsenal have suffered some revenue loss without CL football. So we signed Jesus, Zinchenko, Trossard, all players who's contract are expiring so they cost half price in terms of market value and get a great deal. Now we have CL football again we can afford to step out of the bargain bin. But I also have no objection to signing good players who's contracts are running down

Realistically from here on, signing good players for 70-100m shouldn't be an issue unless they flop. If they improve us it should not be an issue for us.
Most 100 million players have flopped because people expect a lot from them. Anthony is in his first season adopting to English football and has decent numbers. No one would care if he was 15-20 million. But he is getting slaughtered because of the fee.

Just shows Rice for 80M will end up being a bargin.

I can definitely see in 2 years people say he cost only 80 million. That will get you little nowadays

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
West Ham fans are hoping for a bidding war and "£120m+"

Transfermarkt has him at €80m, for what it's worth...

£120m even with addons is probably a stretch. My guess is around £80m with addons maybe pushing it close to £100m, but those addons will be based around things that even if someone ends up paying them, they won't really care about the extra cost. Stuff like winning the Prem, CL appearances, stuff like that.

Transfermarkt tends to significantly undervalue young-ish players IMO. As an example, not a chance in hell you would ever sell Saka for €110m, or Saliba for €55m. Their logic for those values don't make much sense to me, player almost always get sold for way above their valuation on there, which begs the question what their "value" formula is actually based on. Certainly doesn't look like market trends to me at least.

They've also listed Caicedo at €55m which we literally know isn't true.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, as much as I rate him £90m would be the absolute highest I'd go.

Comparable to Grealish, and I think Rice has done much more so I still see loads of value at 100M but I don't think we'd go for that nor is that what West Ham would demand.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Comparable to Grealish, and I think Rice has done much more so I still see loads of value at 100M but I don't think we'd go for that nor is that what West Ham would demand.

Don't think I'm comfortable using the Grealish transfer as a great example to be following...

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Don't think I'm comfortable using the Grealish transfer as a great example to be following...

No it's not, but it sets the standard, unfortunately. Think his was actually also a release clause kinda, or gentleman agreement.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No it's not, but it sets the standard, unfortunately. Think his was actually also a release clause kinda, or gentleman agreement.

It was a gentleman's agreement. Remember Purslow doing that stupid video to the fans afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom