• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It was a gentleman's agreement. Remember Purslow doing that stupid video to the fans afterwards.

Still though, when you look at Rice's experience for his age then you go and see some of the flashy players and how much they go for there's value just so much value in him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Still though, when you look at Rice's experience for his age then you go and see some of the flashy players and how much they go for there's value just so much value in him.

I don't really want him at that price but Edu and Arteta have more than enough credit in the bank with their recent player ID.

Although considering their record with backup options I wouldn't hate it if the Rice deal collapsed...

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Comparable to Grealish, and I think Rice has done much more so I still see loads of value at 100M but I don't think we'd go for that nor is that what West Ham would demand.

Man United had 100m rejected last summer. Now he only had 2 years on his deal but PL revenues have increased by 30% recently. I wouldn't feel shafted for 100m in this market place.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Man United had 100m rejected last summer. Now he only had 2 years on his deal but PL revenues have increased by 30% recently. I wouldn't feel shafted for 100m in this market place.

Don't think they did? They wanted De Jong first I thought and moved onto Casemiro.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I don't really want him at that price but Edu and Arteta have more than enough credit in the bank with their recent player ID.

Although considering their record with backup options I wouldn't hate it if the Rice deal collapsed...

Just don't think you get a guarantee like Rice tbh. The ones we've missed out on weren't from the league and all the players we got from the league such as Rambo, White, Jesus and Zinny were all hits.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just don't think you get a guarantee like Rice tbh. The ones we've missed out on weren't from the league and all the players we got from the league such as Rambo, White, Jesus and Zinny were all hits.

If we’re including Ramsey didn’t we also get David Luiz, Silvestre and Willian from the league? :lol:

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No chance any club pays 120m for Rice. Chelsea can’t amortise fees over 8 years anymore and will have to sell half of their squad first before they think about a big signing.

80m is a very fair price for Rice and is what I think the clubs in the league would be willing to pay. By the sounds of things the ‘ammers and Rice have an agreement for this summer so if they force him to stay things could get very messy. Think this one has GJ vibes from last year, but let’s see.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
No chance any club pays 120m for Rice. Chelsea can’t amortise fees over 8 years anymore and will have to sell half of their squad first before they think about a big signing.

80m is a very fair price for Rice and is what I think the clubs in the league would be willing to pay. By the sounds of things the ‘ammers and Rice have an agreement for this summer so if they force him to stay things could get very messy. Think this one has GJ vibes from last year, but let’s see.

4 of the richest clubs in the world all in dire need of a midfielder like Rice could drive the price up. I don't think £120m is likely but close to £100m including addons seems quite possible if you, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea all want him.

Keep in mind that some deals are structured in ways where a fee that seems insanely high isn't that bad once you break it down. A headline might say "Arsenal pay £100m for Rice", but if £20m of that fee is tied up in performance based addons like CL qualification, winning various trophies and stuff like that, it suddenly makes it a lot less egregious.

In other words, I highly doubt the people who say they wouldn't pay more than £80m for him would mind eventually paying £100m if the last chunk of money was paid as a result of winning silverware.

Last edited:

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
4 of the richest clubs in the world all in dire need of a midfielder like Rice could drive the price up. I don't think £120m is likely but close to £100m including addons seems quite possible if you, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea all want him.

Keep in mind that some deals are structured in ways where a fee that seems insanely high isn't that bad once you break it down. A headline might say "Arsenal pay £100m for Rice", but if £20m of that fee is tied up in performance based addons like CL qualification, winning various trophies and stuff like that, it suddenly makes it a lot less egregious.

In other words, I highly doubt the people who say they wouldn't pay more than £80m for him would mind eventually paying £100m if the last chunk of money was paid as a result of winning silverware.

It looks like Chelsea will be in breach of FFP for the PL and UEFA in the next 2 seasons without serious sales even before we factor in their lack of European football revenue. So realistically I'd count them out of signing Rice given they've already commited to signing Nkunku. Would United want to pair Casemiro and Rice? I'd think they'd want a more attacking 8, although it could work maybe. Liverpool could definitely do with a player like Rice though. I think our current location and stability works against them though. They also don't really splash the big bucks

Goonger

It looks like Chelsea will be in breach of FFP for the PL and UEFA in the next 2 seasons without serious sales even before we factor in their lack of European football revenue. So realistically I'd count them out of signing Rice given they've already commited to signing Nkunku. Would United want to pair Casemiro and Rice? I'd think they'd want a more attacking 8, although it could work maybe. Liverpool could definitely do with a player like Rice though. I think our current location and stability works against them though. They also don't really splash the big bucks

I don't think Chelsea will be in breach of FFP. They've got plenty Academy talent that they can sell that would be total profit. Mount, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Gallagher, Hudson-Odoi, Colwill etc.

Remember, if they raise £100m from selling academy players, that's the equivalent on the books to 10 signings at £10m a season for a financial year.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Comparable to Grealish, and I think Rice has done much more so I still see loads of value at 100M but I don't think we'd go for that nor is that what West Ham would demand.
The level Grealish played at Villa in his last season Rice has not reached that level. He was absolute class have the whole attack built around him

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

The level Grealish played at Villa in his last season Rice has not reached that level. He was absolute class have the whole attack built around him

He was very decent, but still only 8 goals and 5 assists in that season, the rest of the time he's been in the championship. Rice has been a PL player since about 21.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
He was very decent, but still only 8 goals and 5 assists in that season, the rest of the time he's been in the championship. Rice has been a PL player since about 21.

Whoscored says 6 goals and 10 assists off 24 starts in his final season, 8 goals and 6 assists the season before. And that doesn't give the whole picture because he was dominating possession with his control and dribbling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom