• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

City can rebuild haaland. They have the technology.

Tbh Haaland already looks and plays like half machine.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Film GIF by Tech Noir

Wryer

I'm looking forward to who's our last 'joker' in the pack.

It's a feature of our last major wins.

A Freddie Ljungberg, A Ray Parlour. Someone who from nowhere just catches fire in the last 10ish games and drags us over the line.

I'm putting my money on ESR.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Our best ever team was the 01-02 one, some ridiculous football that season and so many top players either at their peak for us or close to it.

Unbelievable squad that.
01-02 and 97-98 were our best teams of the Wenger era imo.

Both should have won back to back league titles, especially the 01-02 side. We were the best team in the league in 02-03 and the last 10 games and bloody Viduka did us. We had an 8 point gap at one stage if memory serves me correctly.

Both should have won back to back league titles, especially the 01-02 side. We were the best team in the league in 02-03 and the last 10 games and bloody Viduka did us. We had an 8 point gap at one stage if memory serves me correctly.
Why would you rate this above our 03-04 side?

Squad-wise, we were very limited at our CB-positions as TA6 was injured for a vast part of the season. Additionally, Vieira did not really have a midfield partner. Ray Parlour did a great job towards the end of the season though.

With the arrival of Touré and Gilberto in 2002 and Reyes in 2004, I would argue that we had a better team in 04, including a prime Edu who still had a lot to learn in 01-02.

The point tally and lack of defeats would confirm this too! :p

qwerty99

I'm looking forward to who's our last 'joker' in the pack.

It's a feature of our last major wins.

A Freddie Ljungberg, A Ray Parlour. Someone who from nowhere just catches fire in the last 10ish games and drags us over the line.

I'm putting my money on ESR.
How could you forget Alex Manninger

I dunno the squad in 97/98 wasn't the best, the first Arsenal match I ever went to was versus Palace in 97 and this was our lineup

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Why would you rate this above our 03-04 side?

Squad-wise, we were very limited at our CB-positions as TA6 was injured for a vast part of the season. Additionally, Vieira did not really have a midfield partner. Ray Parlour did a great job towards the end of the season though.

With the arrival of Touré and Gilberto in 2002 and Reyes in 2004, I would argue that we had a better team in 04, including a prime Edu who still had a lot to learn in 01-02.

The point tally and lack of defeats would confirm this too! :p
It’s a matter of personal preference more than anything. Just felt the football those two teams played was just more riskier in comparison to the Invincibles. Henry was slightly before his prime in 2002 (still amazing) but Pires was just sublime until his season was cruelly cut short by injury. I don’t think we lost a single away game that season too.

97/98 I was a bit on the young side but just remembered how much of a powerful side we were back to front. Hard as nails defence, the best midfield in the country and Anelka causing havoc up front.

The Invicibles were a great great side but I felt were slightly risk averse as the season wore on ( completely understandable). I always feel the defeat to Chelsea in the CL that season really coloured my feelings on that team overall (regardless of the incredible record that they achieved) which is a shame.

It’s a matter of personal preference more than anything. Just felt the football those two teams played was just more riskier in comparison to the Invincibles. Henry was slightly before his prime in 2002 (still amazing) but Pires was just sublime until his season was cruelly cut short by injury. I don’t think we lost a single away game that season too.

97/98 I was a bit on the young side but just remembered how much of a powerful side we were back to front. Hard as nails defence, the best midfield in the country and Anelka causing havoc up front.

The Invicibles were a great great side but I felt were slightly risk averse as the season wore on ( completely understandable). I always feel the defeat to Chelsea in the CL that season really coloured my feelings on that team overall (regardless of the incredible record that they achieved) which is a shame.

I agree that 02 was amazing. Unfortunately, I am too young to remember the 98 season. But some victories are easily forgotten from the 04 campaign: Away at Boro', Home vs. Liverpool, Home vs. Ncastle. Some of the big wins away at Chelsea and Liverpool. And some magical home games - Leeds and how we could completely kill Charlton before five minutes had passed.

I will agree that we preferred too many draws, but when Juventus went Serie A unbeaten, I think they had W25D13, and that might be the needed way to do it.

Moreover, we won the league very early without too much drama, compared to 02 when we won it with one game to go. That might kill some of the 'excitement' that can be involved with a closer title race.

While this debate might have been going on here on AM back in 2016, I did argue that I thought our unbeaten season was a superior achievement compared to Leicester. What are your thoughts here?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Is it really going to hamper them?

Like us, they get goals from all across the pitch. Were it United, I'd say that would signal their surrender of that "all but certain" top 4 spot considering Rashford is dragging them over the line despite their efforts :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Is it really going to hamper them?

Like us, they get goals from all across the pitch. Were it United, I'd say that would signal their surrender of that "all but certain" top 4 spot considering Rashford is dragging them over the line despite their efforts :lol:
Haalands scored like 41% of all City's PL goals this season. Obviously they CAN score from anywhere but they aren't as evenly spread out as us in terms of goals.

Personally I think Haaland out is a good thing.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Top Bottom