• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Crazy to watch the under 23s. Very similar to the first team in terms of positional play. The rb, lw, cf are problem positions. Genuine lack in quality.

Watching ESR. A lot of people wishing him into the left 8 role in our set up. He doesn't have a defensive bone in his body. Watching him trying to tackle is painful.

Front 3 or right 8 is where he is playing for us.
Tbf RB is quite strong in this setup. Bandeira and Rosiak both making the position their own in recent weeks. LW and CF I agree though. Khayon Edwards getting injured and Nathan Butler-Oyedeji going on loan definitely left us very light up front and outside of Cozier-Duberry, none of the newer wingers look like potential Arsenal first teamers. Omari Benjamin is a newer player at this level.

Nwaneri would be #9 in the current system if it were up to me.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Crazy to watch the under 23s. Very similar to the first team in terms of positional play. The rb, lw, cf are problem positions. Genuine lack in quality.

Watching ESR. A lot of people wishing him into the left 8 role in our set up. He doesn't have a defensive bone in his body. Watching him trying to tackle is painful.

Front 3 or right 8 is where he is playing for us.
I think ESR would make a good false 9

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

According to another poster, they kicked the **** out of him when he played. Hope it's completely precautionary. He's the best winger currently out of the u21s.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
U21 are kinda trash this season lol. Makes me appreciate that Joe Willock, Nketiah, Saka, Nelson, Balogun, John Jules, ESR, Xavier Amaechi group much more. We had a special group from 2017-2019.
Ehh they started off really well then they lost Edwards. Butler-Oyedeji going has left a big gap in the attack aswell. Ideho is not good and Sagoe Jr has run out of steam a bit so it's just Cozier-Duberry and vibes. Need to get Benjamin in the lineup as soon as they can. Not seeing enough of the exciting younger players either in favour of the experienced players coming back from injuries and such.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The u21s lost again and got knocked out of the PL International Cup by Brentford B.

Jeorge Bird says they didn't create enough chances and moved too slow which makes sense given the lineup still lacks a CF as well as Lewis-Skelly being benched in favour of more experienced but less dynamic players.

It's not a big deal but ultimately feel like some players should be playing proper football and are going backwards while some U18s should already be in this team to give it some more oomph. Omari Benjamin for example is perfect for this team at CF.

Afro Mugo

The u21s lost again and got knocked out of the PL International Cup by Brentford B.

Jeorge Bird says they didn't create enough chances and moved too slow which makes sense given the lineup still lacks a CF as well as Lewis-Skelly being benched in favour of more experienced but less dynamic players.

It's not a big deal but ultimately feel like some players should be playing proper football and are going backwards while some U18s should already be in this team to give it some more oomph. Omari Benjamin for example is perfect for this team at CF.
I've come to accept that we can't always be on top .. last season Chelsea survived relegation on the last day, now they are cruising with city at the top. I've accepted it'll be an off season for our u23s as the best attacking talent are either injured , in u18s or on loan , in the case of Biereth, Butler Oyedeji and Flores as much as he's had a poor loan , he would offer more than the like of Ideho.and Lewis . I'll take the positives in focussing on the defensive talents in the age group... Graczyk, Ejeheri , Walters , BNC, Awe, Monlouis, Foran and Sousa and accept this group isn't as good in terms of forwards.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I've come to accept that we can't always be on top .. last season Chelsea survived relegation on the last day, now they are cruising with city at the top. I've accepted it'll be an off season for our u23s as the best attacking talent are either injured , in u18s or on loan , in the case of Biereth, Butler Oyedeji and Flores as much as he's had a poor loan , he would offer more than the like of Ideho.and Lewis . I'll take the positives in focussing on the defensive talents in the age group... Graczyk, Ejeheri , Walters , BNC, Awe, Monlouis, Foran and Sousa and accept this group isn't as good in terms of forwards.
Too bad Monlouis has had injury problems. I still rate him as a top prospect. Flores on the other hand was never going to make it here, it was always obvious to me. Ideho and Lewis are fodder. Ejeheri actually looks pretty talented.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal.com broadcasting the u21 match vs United in 5 mins.

Tom Huddlestone (yes, THAT Tom Huddlestone) is playing for United this evening.

Our lineup is:

Grazcyk
Sweet Awe Monlouis Sousa
Bandeira Smith Cirjan
Cottrell Edwards Sagoe Jr

Not a massive fan of this lineup but we're clearly saving players for the Youth Cup game on Tuesday. Cozier-Duberry and Benjamin are on the bench.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Huddlestone is 36 years. What is their logic in having him there? Fair enough he can provide maturity and leadership, but surely there is a young player that could have that spot?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Matt Smith needs to move on at the end of the season. Playing U23 football at this stage of his career doesn’t reflect well on him. Time to fly the nest and get a move somewhere where he will play regular men’s football

Sparrahork

Huddlestone is 36 years. What is their logic in having him there? Fair enough he can provide maturity and leadership, but surely there is a young player that could have that spot?

A few clubs are doing this now, have an old pro as part of the set up whilst they are working on their badges. They get the transition of moving from player to coaching, the youngsters get a team mate on the pitch looking after their development.

In a way I wondered whether jack may do that for us, play and use his distribution to get players in the game and used to playing with seasoned pros

Top Bottom