• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
What about something like this.

White Gabriel Tierney
Saka Partey Xhaka Zinchenko
Ødegaard Jesus Martinelli.

Saka can still get forward with White filling in across, Tierney has played as a LCB before. Ødegaard drifts central when Saka is pushing on.

3 4 3 formation. Which will change throughout the match. Tierney comfortable wider if he has to cover Zin, White comfortable wider if he has to cover Saka. It's just shuffling across one way or another.

We would lose something at times from Saka but with Jesus back and Martinelli playing well we may be alright. And I'd back us to be more defensively stable than if Holding is there in a back 4.

I am against us changing formation while we have been so strong in our 4-3-3 formation. but yeah its gonna be a very difficult one. we need White in the centre tbf.

blaze_of_glory

Just play Holding while Saliba is out. White has been probably the best RB in the league this year, and at this point he's a better RB than CB for us. We should move as few pieces of a winning set up as possible imo.

Also I think Arteta is just gonna play Holding regardless, as shown last game.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What about something like this.

White Gabriel Tierney
Saka Partey Xhaka Zinchenko
Ødegaard Jesus Martinelli.

Saka can still get forward with White filling in across, Tierney has played as a LCB before. Ødegaard drifts central when Saka is pushing on.

3 4 3 formation. Which will change throughout the match. Tierney comfortable wider if he has to cover Zin, White comfortable wider if he has to cover Saka. It's just shuffling across one way or another.

We would lose something at times from Saka but with Jesus back and Martinelli playing well we may be alright. And I'd back us to be more defensively stable than if Holding is there in a back 4.
We will not make radical changes like that. I'd be extremely surprised if we start to experiment with our system and playstyle at this stage of the season. This would be something to either do if you have little to play for, or in pre-season.

We'll put round pegs in round holes, and square pegs in square holes, ie we'll play Holding, keep White at RB, and use Zinchenko as an inverted LB, Tierney as rotation as needed.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We will not make radical changes like that. I'd be extremely surprised if we start to experiment with our system and playstyle at this stage of the season. This would be something to either do if you have little to play for, or in pre-season.

We'll put round pegs in round holes, and square pegs in square holes, ie we'll play Holding, keep White at RB, and use Zinchenko as an inverted LB, Tierney as rotation as needed.
So basically we won't adapt or adjust to the situation we will just put Holding in there who we know isn't good enough, and see what happens?

Game Over

So basically we won't adapt or adjust to the situation we will just put Holding in there who we know isn't good enough, and see what happens?

It causes minimal disruption to the rest of the team and is therefore the most sensible choice.

Two injuries (Tierney/Partey) cost us top 4 last season. Arteta altered the whole team, moving Xhaka to LB for example and weakened multiple positions unnecessary.

I’m sure he learned his lesson and won’t do the same again.

Holding isn’t the Mustafi-level bomb scare people are making him out to be. I’m an over dramatic pessimist at the best of times, but come on, let’s support our players. Holding’s done little to warrant the reactions he’s getting on here.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

But we saw Holding against Palace, he had a good game. There's no reason to think he won't against a similar level of side like Leeds.

You don't change your whole formation ( that's got us to the top of the table) or make unforced personnel changes for one straight swap, Holding for Saliba, even though he's a downgrade.

10 of the players who start tomorrow know their roles in the side well and have performed to a very high standard all season, you don't mess with that. Holding just needs to come in and have a 6/10 performance.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
But we saw Holding against Palace, he had a good game. There's no reason to think he won't against a similar level of side like Leeds.

You don't change your whole formation ( that's got us to the top of the table) or make unforced personnel changes for one straight swap, Holding for Saliba, even though he's a downgrade.

10 of the players who start tomorrow know their roles in the side well and have performed to a very high standard all season, you don't mess with that. Holding just needs to come in and have a 6/10 performance.
It causes minimal disruption to the rest of the team and is therefore the most sensible choice.

Two injuries (Tierney/Partey) cost us top 4 last season. Arteta altered the whole team, moving Xhaka to LB for example and weakened multiple positions unnecessary.

I’m sure he learned his lesson and won’t do the same again.

Holding isn’t the Mustafi-level bomb scare people are making him out to be. I’m an over dramatic pessimist at the best of times, but come on, let’s support our players. Holding’s done little to warrant the reactions he’s getting on here.

It was only an idea. As fans we like to think of possible solutions even as unrealistic as they may be.

It's not being over dramatic. Over dramatic is saying oh my god we are gonna finish 3rd if Holding plays.

I get on the forum if someone disagrees or shows any form of concern its classed as overdramatic to sensationalise things. Which in itself is abit of the same.

Personally I have seen enough of Holding at the end of last season and this to have my concerns. Palace offered nothing really. Holding away at Liverpool, City and Newcastle? Good luck. We seen what happened in the CC against Haaland. Hooked at HT.

Just because someone doesn't rate a player doesn't mean they won't support him when he plays. Again another weird take on this forum.

Personally I'd go White centre back and Tierney/Zinchenko RB. Therefore it isn't changing much.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Stop crying, players gets injured all the time, it's not like he was tackled or something, for all we know, he could have been carrying the injury before the match...

Players get paid to play, getting injured is part of the game, it was just unfortunate that both him and tomi got injured at the same time and in the same game.

I want you to repeat this post if this injury prevent us from winning the league, Baldspray.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Basically the club to Saliba every match day until the season is over...

hIYUIpu_d.webp

...he might be crippled come May, but if we win the league this season then it's a sacrifice I am happy to make!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Stop crying, players gets injured all the time, it's not like he was tackled or something, for all we know, he could have been carrying the injury before the match...

Players get paid to play, getting injured is part of the game, it was just unfortunate that both him and tomi got injured at the same time and in the same game.

Bad things happens, it's part of life

Yea brother, put that duck in the mud

Top Bottom