• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: Robbing a Living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The whole team being dreadful away against toon cost us.

Not one player in Holding playing bady in 1 match. I mean Xhaka and Partey were truly woeful last season in over a dozen games each.
That is true but you can’t disagree that he was acting very strangely in that NLD.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Holding is more than a fine back up option against *most* teams. Unfortunately the one team that he'll really struggle with is Liverpool at Anfield; I'm praying that we have Saliba back for that one.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's the modern day Pascal Cygan

Everyone thinks their crap and should be sold, but both are actually quite decent and played a role in us winning trophies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
He's the modern day Pascal Cygan

Everyone thinks their crap and should be sold, but both are actually quite decent and played a role in us winning trophies.

I think that's a insult to Holding, Holding was levels above. A more fitting comparison would Upson ( a good solid back up CB who was underrated and performed well when called upon), but Holding is even better.

Legend14

Established Member
I applaud him for the last match; he played very well. As Saka said about Holdings performance, it’s difficult to come right in and play at the level of the starters when you haven’t played much.

My son: Who is that new player with the really long hair?

Me: Ummm… Rob Holding.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Did his job at crystal Palace and Leeds very solid too no mistakes he still very bad with headers tho. But i give him solid 7/10

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The thing is, when he doesn't make a glaring error, it's very much, he had a solid game.

However, if you look at every Leeds chance, Holding is there, just not getting close enough, backing off and not being quick enough. Saliba would have shut down the majority of those chances.

As bad as Liverpool are, I don't think we get a result there with Holding at the back. He gets his head turned too easily.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
If he performs well like he did yesterday and against Palace, I can only praise him. A very much valued member of the squad.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
The thing is, when he doesn't make a glaring error, it's very much, he had a solid game.

However, if you look at every Leeds chance, Holding is there, just not getting close enough, backing off and not being quick enough. Saliba would have shut down the majority of those chances.

As bad as Liverpool are, I don't think we get a result there with Holding at the back. He gets his head turned too easily.
This

Even in the Somerville early chance, he made a needless sidestep, I still don't know why he did that, away from Somerville and letting him have all the space. Might look like nitpicking but on another day vs a clinical team which can put chances like that it's gonna stick out. Saliba has to return ASAP.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Holding yesterday was the clear and obvious weak link in the team. He did OK but better finishing and from Leeds and it could have been different.

I don't see what Holding there, being right footed, gives us over a quicker, more athletic CB in Kiwior. A professional football should be able to make a 15 yard pass to Ben White on either foot in my opinion. Maybe trickier ones under pressure no but I'd rather lose something in the build up to have a better defender.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
This is it with Holding. I call it 'pretend defending' or 'alibi defending'. Being somewhat close but leaving so much space you can't be turned individually but the opposing player has all the time in the world to get a shot or pass off. Even with the Leeds goal it's not a glaring mistake that everyone catches, but he let's the player he's 'marking' run into the box and he's still backpedalling and giving him time to pick a pass.

Let him head away balls, but don't let him defend an attacker attacking our box.

Tnegs

Holding yesterday was the clear and obvious weak link in the team. He did OK but better finishing and from Leeds and it could have been different.

I don't see what Holding there, being right footed, gives us over a quicker, more athletic CB in Kiwior. A professional football should be able to make a 15 yard pass to Ben White on either foot in my opinion. Maybe trickier ones under pressure no but I'd rather lose something in the build up to have a better defender.

Holding is an experienced PL player and he’s one of our longest serving players so we know how he fits in. Kiwior is pretty much an unknown kid with a grand total of 1 start for us where he made a bunch of errors. He’s obviously not shown enough in training to be getting match time and it would be a massive gamble to play him.

Would you really give him his PL debut at Anfield of all places? If Arteta didn’t think he was good enough to start again in the EL after his first appearance he sure as hell doesn’t think he’s good enough to start at Anfield. I would be looking to fit Tierney in at RB or CB instead.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Holding is an experienced PL player and he’s one of our longest serving players so we know how he fits in. Kiwior is pretty much an unknown kid with a grand total of 1 start for us where he made a bunch of errors. He’s obviously not shown enough in training to be getting match time and it would be a massive gamble to play him.

Would you really give him his PL debut at Anfield of all places? If Arteta didn’t think he was good enough to start again in the EL after his first appearance he sure as hell doesn’t think he’s good enough to start at Anfield. I would be looking to fit Tierney in at RB or CB instead.
Me personally, I would do the same. White to CB and Tierney to RB. I mentioned Kiwior more because we know he is fast and is good at passing and progressing. While he needs to learn our game and tactics Holding concerns me. Against **** teams it's OK. Holding being stood up against Nunez, Salah, Jota, Isak, Haaland etc. I'd be really worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom