• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Who is the Rice alternative? We done really well in picking up Jorginho and Trossard as bargain alternatives so I'm thinking along the same lines. A known proven PL quality player that is just flying below the radar slightly.
Tielemans on a free would be an option suppose?
He's not had the best of seasons but still has quality. He is probably more of an 8 though in our system. Think we really need someone more athletic for the 6 position.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If these are the best alternatives, just sign Rice and we’ll figure out how to use him.

We need to have the best players not just a full roster.
Ultimately we want to end up with Rice but as we have shown we don't want to have our trousers pulled down either. We've done quite well with 'if these are the best alternatives' be with Zinchenko, Trossard or Jorginho.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Tielemans on a free would be an option suppose?
He's not had the best of seasons but still has quality. He is probably more of an 8 though in our system. Think we really need someone more athletic for the 6 position.
He has now had three seasons in a row where the phrase "he hasn't had the best of seasons" applies. I'd stay away at this point.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
He has now had three seasons in a row where the phrase "he hasn't had the best of seasons" applies. I'd stay away at this point.
Think that's a bit harsh sure he's gone a bit stale I can see why he doesn't 'excite' anymore. Still youngish & a free transfer who could revive his career but I take ur point.

benjamin86

Established Member
Ultimately we want to end up with Rice but as we have shown we don't want to have our trousers pulled down either. We've done quite well with 'if these are the best alternatives' be with Zinchenko, Trossard or Jorginho.
I think how well we've done with our alternatives strengthens our hand in negotiations as we can't be held for ransom.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Funny how this thread gets really quiet after another humiliating loss for propah English Declan Rice getting dominated in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom