• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 36.5%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 69 50.4%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.1%

• Total voters

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Hopefully the £300k a week thing is heavily performance based.

Whatever though. I just adore this guy.

If we have the money available to pay those wages it's all good. I'm just glad we will have the pleasure of seeing him perform in an Arsenal shirt for the next few years at least, and watch him grow into an even bigger star.
Arsenal will have money if Arsenal can become an UCL club again. And it's not like Arsenal is some small club even without UCL.

Of course there will be money rather than needing to sell the player for cheap and buy a similar level player for huge money. Contract renewal will always be cheaper if it's a player like Saka, and if he will continue his trajectory.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's more market wages rather than world class wages. A lot of the young English internationals are on a similar pay packet and aren't as vital for club or country as Saka. Talking Foden, Sancho, etc.

A similar trend in some sports like the NBA where we see these young players being paid for their potential rather than what they have actually done. I think this was the best outcome, but probably his last contract at the club maybe as I don't really see where we go from here.
Yeah I’ve thought about it and it’s definitely market rate tbh. Disappointing posting from me as I hate the WageWatchers ™️

Foden is on about 250 but that’s at City. Sake was always going to be more important to us than he is to them so I can’t complain.

Interesting point about where to next and also interesting that the club wanted the contract to be short. They know it’s a massive expenditure and he needs to prove he’s worth it sooner rather than later.

I think if he delivers on the wages then naturally the club will be in a position to offer him the 350+ that he would want in 2026 or whatever.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I hope (and I am confident tbh) that he will grow into these 300kpw wages but his meek end to the season has left a lil sour taste in my mouth.

Not quite world class yet but those are definitely world-class wages.

The way I see it the contract is not just about rewarding Saka, it's about protecting ourselves. Who are we going to realistically sign who can take Saka's place for less money than the total outlay for Saka's wages?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah I’ve thought about it and it’s definitely market rate tbh. Disappointing posting from me as I hate the WageWatchers ™️

Foden is on about 250 but that’s at City. Sake was always going to be more important to us than he is to them so I can’t complain.

Interesting point about where to next and also interesting that the club wanted the contract to be short. They know it’s a massive expenditure and he needs to prove he’s worth it sooner rather than later.

I think if he delivers on the wages then naturally the club will be in a position to offer him the 350+ that he would want in 2026 or whatever.
I think a lot of players have seen Harry Kane sign his 6 year contract and be stuck at Sp**s.

With a 4 year deal you give yourself 2 years to see what happens and then if you aren't happy you can push for a move and the club, most of the time have to give in and sell you.

Can't see too many players signing 5 or 6 year extensions. The money they earn means the need to have an extra year or two isn't important.

4 years works well for both parties imo.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think a lot of players have seen Harry Kane sign his 6 year contract and be stuck at Sp**s.

With a 4 year deal you give yourself 2 years to see what happens and then if you aren't happy you can push for a move and the club, most of the time have to give in and sell you.

Can't see too many players signing 5 or 6 year extensions. The money they earn means the need to have an extra year or two isn't important.

4 years works well for both parties imo.
Murmurs are that the club actually wanted it to be short to ensure he’s worth it or something like that.

That’s the vibe I got from the tweet that was posted in the last page or two.

Certain man only post (and arrogantly) when this guy is playing well.

Where are they? Or more specifically, where is he?

Sorry bro. Season ended for me few games ago and the inactivity is a welcomed thing in my life right now to focus on some other stuff. Two girls saw me lifting few weeks ago and admired my form and asked me to make program for them. These birds are gonna win me a medals!

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Let’s just hope Arteta doesn’t ruin him by running him out for 120 minutes against a League 1 team in a domestic cup o something

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
4 years is a bit short for my liking.

I assume Saka and his camp don't want to tie him down too long term here in case we stagnate or fall away.
Bit of a shame considering we'll have to sell him in 2 years if he doesn't want to renew again.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Our only good player. 300k is less than what he deserves for carrying Artetaball so hard.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

4 years is a bit short for my liking.

I assume Saka and his camp don't want to tie him down too long term here in case we stagnate or fall away.
Bit of a shame considering we'll have to sell him in 2 years if he doesn't want to renew again.
I doubt they will sell him with 2 years in contract left. It would anger the fans, and he is very important in getting to UCL every year.

Rather than getting more money, they try to get to UCL or win things, so Saka will extend, like this time. Even with one more extension, he can go to top clubs later in his career if he wants that.

So I think it's minimum 3 years Arsenal fans can enjoy him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Dislike 4 year contracts (really only a 2.5 year extension?)

It suggests one party isn't fully committed/has reservations.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom