• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.4%

• Total voters

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sorry miscalculated, correct it's 3 years.

Point still stands it's a short term deal and that's a worry.
I can imagine how enjoyable it's being an Arsenal fan, first worrying for 1-2 years that Saka will leave.

Then when he renews one starts to instantly worry about him leaving in 3 years. What you say is a short-term deal, makes him actually stay 3 more years.

Rinse and repeat for every good player.

Personally I expected Saka to renew at least once. I expect him to renew once more if Arsenal keeps this trajectory.

I don't expect him to finish his career at Arsenal though. That's unrealistic.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Smart from Bukayo, expected nothing less...gets his £200,000 a week, but puts pressure on the club to continue it's trajectory or we could be forced to sell him in tow years.

This is a good thing, need pressure to make sure we don't become complacent...the moment we do that, we are doomed.

Can see Saka signing another 4 year deal in two years time too, depending on how we have done.

Great stuff!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

or we could be forced to sell him in two years.
I already explained it but I can't see Arsenal selling with 2 years left. Just like Tottenham didn't sell Kane.

Fans would get angry and it's not really worth it unless someone comes with a totally ridiculous offer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We are 100% selling him in 2 years time, convinced of it.

The only thing that may convince we otherwise, is a detailed explanation/argument from someone who's name start with a D...but since I am not seeing one, then that's it for Saka!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We are 100% selling him in 2 years time, convinced of it.

The only thing that may convince we otherwise, is a detailed explanation/argument from someone who's name start with a D...but since I am not seeing one, then that's it for Saka!
Is that a bad thing? Surely we get 100M or more

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

We got to address the racist undercurrent that runs rife in the English sports media. How has money distracted Sterling? We're acting like he's a failed wunderkid. He has multiple trophies with City titles and one of the highest-scoring English players in the CL. I'd be so happy to see Saka achieve half what Sterling has achieved. And why not compare Saka's new contract with Phil Foden’s or Harry Kane's?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

We got to address the racist undercurrent that runs rife in the English sports media. How has money distracted Sterling? We're acting like he's a failed wunderkid. He has multiple trophies with City titles and one of the highest-scoring English players in the CL. I'd be so happy to see Saka achieve half what Sterling has achieved. And why not compare Saka's new contract with Phil Foden’s or Harry Kane's?
He was already earning like 100k a week, so he already was earning more than he could ever spend. Don't see how earning even more is now suddenly going to distract him from football.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Saka reputedly reads and sleeps with a Bible next to him .Not in his DNA to be led astray.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The disrespect Sterling STILL receives to this day is mind boggling. Also wasn't he one of England's best performers at Euro 2021?

It's crazy the hate he gets still to this day. Yet people will still try and gaslight you that black players don't get different treatment. Even someone like Saka who behaves like a saint off field is now getting this kind of treatment.

John Terry gets far more respect than Sterling.

Tnegs

I just watched the video he didn’t actually say money distracted Sterling he said that people expect Saka to be the second coming but he didn’t think so and he thought Saka was going to be like Sterling as a footballer ie great without being world class. What’s race got to do with it?

SteveEvets

He never said Sterling was distracted by money. He reckons that Saka's peak is what Sterling achieved. The point he was making is that Saka is now on world class money despite not yet being world class, in his estimation (and indeed big portion of AM). The worry is that the bag might stunt him slightly, to the point where he ends up falling short of actually becoming an elite, top tier player and is "just" a very good one like Sterling.

And it's a common concern that has come up regularly over the last 15 years due to the crazy money in the modern game. It doesn't matter if you're a saint or not, these players are still human. Coming into that much money at 21 or 22 is going to introduce all kinds of unforeseen things into one's life, and we should pray that they do have a strong family and support around them, and that the club does all it can to be there as these guys fully mature as men. There's nothing wrong with what he said, and nothing even remotely racist about what he said. If there is anything to address, its you asking yourself why you immediately went to the most inflammatory, uncharitable place first for criticism.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Simon Jordan is just an arsehole he should be worried about his own affairs.

Not sure who made him the king of boxing either.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is typical of English media. People laughed at my long essay about how they view Rice. Could you see them ever mention him being distracted? Rashford gets the same nonsense. He went to New York when he was injured with his girl and the comments on Dailymail which Simon Jordan works for now were disgusting

He has the same hatred for AJ. His racist undertone is very similar to certain northern Irish poster in here

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Guy used to unironically call himself the Prince of Purley.

Grade A tart who’s only useful when he’s winding up an even bigger bellend like Piers Morgan.

He didn’t say anything crazy and if anything I would have appreciated more insight from a former owners perspective on salaries and players . Instead he takes the opportunity to worry about Saka losing his head when he’s clearly been raised by a good family 🙄

What the public and guys like @SteveEvets tend to miss is when Foden or even Martinelli got their big salaries, these discussions didn’t come up and they don’t get compared to Sterling.

It’s framed as concern but it’s really just bollocks.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Dislike 4 year contracts (really only a 2.5 year extension?)

It suggests one party isn't fully committed/has reservations.
Or it means people both at the club and Bukayo know that football can change quickly. They've seen Harry Kane commit himself to Sp**s for 6 years and how that has ended.

It's basically a 3 year extension if he was entering his final year in June.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This is typical of English media. People laughed at my long essay about how they view Rice. Could you see them ever mention him being distracted? Rashford gets the same nonsense. He went to New York when he was injured with his girl and the comments on Dailymail which Simon Jordan works for now were disgusting

He has the same hatred for AJ. His racist undertone is very similar to certain northern Irish poster in here
No racist undertone at all from me pal.

If you want to highlight something from me that is racist then please do.

Or if you don't want to, report it to a mod and if it is or close to racist they will take the appropriate action.

But DO NOT accuse me of being a racist with a flippant comment.

Rasmi let me tell you something. You've a hell of a chip on your shoulder. Always criticising the club. Always criticising decisions from the club. Criticising players we are linked with depending on their nationality and skin colour. Frankly it's boring. And strange. I couldn't say with any confidence that you are an actual Arsenal fan.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It is a bit weird when young black players wages get brought up so frequently when they sign big contracts.

If you said Grealish, Saka and Foden - Which one are you least worried about becoming a tit and letting fame / money go to their head?

You'd clearly pick Saka based on how he conducts himself and the attitude he's shown to date.

Top Bottom