• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Must be nice hating Xhaka and loving the manager.

Atleast there’s a slim chance that Xhaka gets upgraded where as with Mikel it’s virtually impossible.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I am surprised that @RunTheTrap and @Maybe didn't get any.
There were many excellent comrades in the Xhaka-Out brigade to be fair. Many battles over the years. 7 years is a long time! Some did not make it through... 😢

Daniel Day Lewis Fight GIF by MIRAMAX

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Must be nice hating Xhaka and loving the manager.

Atleast there’s a slim chance that Xhaka gets upgraded where as with Mikel it’s virtually impossible.
With Xhaka there are loads of players on the market and he is easy to replace, and the situation is not the same with managers.

Also, Arteta secured his job with results this year, and has to be said we played some great football at times so he gets a pass from me this season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

With Xhaka there are loads of players on the market and he is easy to replace, and the situation is not the same with managers.

Also, Arteta secured his job with results this year, and has to be said we played some great football at times so he gets a pass from me this season.

Nah man.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

What was the nickname of that guy from Malaysia. He was worth the entire Xhaka out brigade. lol Sometimes he would be so naughty that even I felt sorry for the out brigade. >d

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I think @farzad4daarse had something for a short time. But he gets embroiled in a different controversy every time the season changes. So his taglines also keep changing. I am surprised that @RunTheTrap and @Maybe didn't get any.

I got a multi month ban because after City match last year not this season I couldn’t stop calling him Chernobyl. I actually regret blaming him for Arteta’s mistakes. Xhaka is always committed it is Arteta who rated him and picks him.

I have had a couple of taglines, i feel like me and mods have come full circle from the Xhaka Chernobyl incident. Now they just thread ban like ordering a Vegan orders salad or when i tell posters to get hit by a bus; that seems to be a no no for some reason. I mean it is not like i threaten to run them over or push them in front of a bus, just if a bus hit them i might not be that sad.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Interesting.....Xhaka wanted a longer contract that Arsenal were willing to give.

His wife wanting to be nearer to home wasn't a major factor in him leaving Arsenal.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I found this yesterday while I was searching for Xhaka news, although I'm afraid I have to disagree with good part of it, I found it interesting and I thought the writer is very good at expressing his thoughts. I thought he is one of those who thought that they do not like Xhaka. Xhaka is a personality that cannot be hated, I just think that because people saw him as the central figure of Arsenal blamed him for every failure. How do you explain otherwise that people would count his passes and check every his movement? So here is the article.

Granit, how did you do this to me?

OPINION: After ruining our weekends with rash challenges, misplaced passes and peculiar red cards, Xhaka has been a player transformed.

Thursday, 25th May — By Richard Osley

IN the cult, you are not permitted to say anything negative about anybody who has ever worn the famous red and white, so forgive me if you can, for I have sinned.

I confess I have had negative feelings towards Granit Xhaka. And not just once have I said or written something critical about this man.

Call me a traitor, unfaithful, but there were times when the man felt like he was almost deliberately on a quest to drive us insane, ruining weekends with rash challenges, misplaced passes and peculiar red cards.

I know of others who thought the same. Now they pretend they didn’t but the streets remember. Granit Xhaka was the loose cannon capable of puncturing a winning performance out of nowhere.

He was a wet Sunday. A hangover. A ghost, and a rascal. He was barracked by his own supporters, a walking symbol of the late-Wenger malaise. Oh, and do not forget the stupid penalties this man has conceded over all of his time here.

And yet now we come to a day which never seemed it would ever arrive.

All of a sudden, he is perhaps going to be playing his final match for Arsenal this weekend against Wolves.

And far from feeling like we are finally free, it instead feels like we are losing a kindly uncle, who was just misunderstood all these years. Now he’s lovable.

There’s even a terrace song about him, and it will be strange to see him in any other club’s shirt.

Mikel Arteta, of course, deserves great credit. His decision to play Xhaka higher up the pitch in what looks like his final season was a masterstroke. This meant if he did start doing Granit Xhaka things, then it would be a long way from Arsenal’s goal and there would be a chance for the team to recover.

He had slipped back too many yards when he fatefully began to wind the Liverpool crowd up at Anfield in the season-changing 2-2 draw. It turned out to be a strangely rare bumble in a season where he was positive and productive. He had transformed into a fatherly presence over a young team trying to do the impossible but at least having fun as they attempted it. His role in glueing it all together was now a point of celebration.

He smiled more, he scored more.

So, it will be strange not worrying about his calamities.

But now it will also be strange not seeing him exchange smart passes with Ødegaard, Saka and Martinelli.

Good luck ol’ boy.

Last edited:

Farzad Stoned

During his time at Arsenal he lead the league in giveaways leading to goals and redcards. I wish him the best as he the guy gave all he had. Sadly, he just wasn’t good enough to be an elite WC number 8; which is what is expected of you at that position at Arsenal

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
During his time at Arsenal he lead the league in giveaways leading to goals and redcards. I wish him the best as he the guy gave all he had. Sadly, he just wasn’t good enough to be an elite WC number 8; which is what is expected of you at that position at Arsenal

Ofcourse he will when he is the longest serving player during his time at Arsenal. What meaningless stats rofl. You have to quantify how much they are. Because despite being the “most”, Xhaka only has 4 red cards in 7 years. To put it into context, Vieira had 8 red cards in that time. Heck, Casemiro has 2 red cards in his one and only season so far.
I’m sure you will get a similar story for errors. To use the word “most” is nothing but clickbait.

Farzad Stoned

Ofcourse he will when he is the longest serving player during his time at Arsenal. What meaningless stats rofl. You have to quantify how much they are. Because despite being the “most”, Xhaka only has 4 red cards in 7 years. To put it into context, Vieira had 8 red cards in that time. Heck, Casemiro has 2 red cards in his one and only season so far.
I’m sure you will get a similar story for errors. To use the word “most” is nothing but clickbait.
He is under average if measured against players at his position in last 25 years i have watched team. Therefore not a legend that is why 70s guys are legends they were great in their time for more than one season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom