• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Kav

Established Member
I was always talking about the final league position, you abhorrent cactus tentacle.

We were in contention. we were the only team that beat them twice. When Welbeck scored THAT goal, I really thought they would fall away and we had a big chance because the big teams including $ity were comfortably behind us.

That was a typo but it doesn’t appear obvious to you, I’m not surprised because you are the same person who says we lost the league at match day 20.

Well, I stand by my original point.

It was harder to lose the league to Leicester than to $ity. $ity had games in hand over us, and we had to play them too. Never really considered us serious contenders. It was a league which $ity had to lose for us to win. they can almost put out two teams this season who could potentially challenge for the title.

But during the Leicester season, we WERE contenders. There was no one except Leicester and us. If we had anyone other than OG as our forward we would have comfortably won the league. Özil was mesmerizing, Alexis was a champion. we should have won the title that season. End of.
History disagrees with you on this. Seeing that we were in 3rd place for over 13 consecutive weeks suggest that we were not the ones who were going toe to toe with Leicester that season. Perhaps you should refresh your memory on the subject.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Agree with Adams on the lack of resilience, these guys are softies/kids and I said it numerous times. I don't necessarily agree with the criticism of earpods and Round as not much is known about them.

Nobody has taken Adam's seriously for years anyways but I am sure the Arteta fans on twitter will feel the urge to attack him. Unless it's praise he's wasting his time anyways.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Agree with Adams on the lack of resilience, these guys are softies/kids and I said it numerous times. I don't necessarily agree with the criticism of earpods and Round as not much is known about them.

Nobody has taken Adam's seriously for years anyways but I am sure the Arteta fans on twitter will feel the urge to attack him.

I thought we showed plenty of resilience this season, on numerous occasions.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Also don't buy the 'lack of leaders/physicality' stuff. We just lacked some experience at times and depth.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I love Adams the player but I think his football opinions are generally poor. Here I do kind of agree with him though.

I don't know if it was leadership exactly that cost us, more inexperience and players not knowing how to deal with the real business end of the season.

Winning is an art in itself. Getting the first title over the line is generally the hardest.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

We were happy to play when teams were rolling over in the first half of the season, but the business end of the season when teams were fighting for survival or squeeze into Europe it was never the same.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We were happy to play when teams were rolling over in the first half of the season, but the business end of the season when teams were fighting for survival or squeeze into Europe it was never the same.

I think there are plenty of examples where we showed resilience this season. To say this team has no resilience is a weird one.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

None is incorrect, it lacked though.

Hmmm, it wouldn't be something I'd highlight about this team though. I sort of think the opposite. Looking back at the season on our come-backs when we've been down, the wins away at Sp**s/St James after the season before this.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Hmmm, it wouldn't be something I'd highlight about this team though. I sort of think the opposite. Looking back at the season on our come-backs when we've been down, the wins away at Sp**s/St James after the season before this.

Look watch the Europa final with me man.

GoonerJay24

Good write up. I find the amount of revision around the 2015/16 season on A-M really strange. We really did not challenge for the title other that leading the league for a brief period like you note. The only ones really putting any pressure on Leicester in the second half of the season were Sp**s and we only got second when they fell away at the end. That season was so different from this one we just had. Only real similarity is our final league position, which is I guess what clouds the minds...

Regardless, thanks for trying to bring sanity into this madhouse!

The reality of the 15/16 year was Wengers genuis to get us in the top four with all the injured players.

Arteta, Rosicky and Wilshere missed the whole season. Then Cazorla was out from November along with long term injuries to Coquelin, Chamberlain, Alexis and Koscielny.
Walcott and Ramsey both had fitness issues throughout that season.

The only consistently fit players were Cech, Bellerin, Monreal, Özil and Giroud. You can't do much as manager with such squad issues. What proceeded next was vile abuse towards the manager and players which defected the teams performances.

blaze_of_glory

We definitely did. You don't win as many games as we did without it. Most of them are difficult. That doesn't even take into account the obvious examples of last minute winners vs Man U, Villa, Bournemouth.

We just didn' have enough to get more points than Man City, because we aren't as good as them.

Badger_Revenge

We definitely did. You don't win as many games as we did without it. Most of them are difficult. That doesn't even take into account the obvious examples of last minute winners vs Man U, Villa, Bournemouth.

We just didn' have enough to get more points than Man City, because we aren't as good as them.
Certainly not as deep as them. A lot of City's most problematic performances came when they often sat KDB. When he came in again, they became very hard to beat. We don't have the depth to allow such influential a players to sit for so long - or at all.

Tnegs

I love Adams the player but I think his football opinions are generally poor. Here I do kind of agree with him though.

I don't know if it was leadership exactly that cost us, more inexperience and players not knowing how to deal with the real business end of the season.

Winning is an art in itself. Getting the first title over the line is generally the hardest.

It’s not just poor opinions he comes across as a bitter man with an agenda so he’s very biased. He’s taken many pot shots at Wenger over the years the most ridiculous being that Wenger didn’t teach him anything, as if Bould putting his ugly mug through to score in the 98 title winning match was something they learnt from Graham.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom