• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I was flipping through the Bendtner book this morning:

"In midfield, Mikel Arteta is leading the charge. He's been at the club since 2011. What he lacks in terms of stature, he makes up for with his piercing, almost scowling gaze and an iron will almost unlike anything I've encountered before.

Like Wenger, Arteta is a true club man right down to the soles of his feet..... Even though he's deeply serious and professional, he doesn't create a bad atmosphere or give anyone a bad conscience just because their heads are screwed on differently. No way. He's helpful, a leader by nature and you can tell he's headed straight into coaching as soon as his body gives up the ghost.

I don't think I've met many teammates with greater managerial potential than Arteta."

Bendtner, N. (2020) Both Sides, p. 220

Well if he gets the Bendtner seal of approval, I'm IN!

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Saka 23/24 - 5 goals 7 assists
Saka 22/23 - 6 goals 6 assists

Martinelli 23/24 - 2 goals 2 assists
Martinelli 22/23 - 7 goals 2 assists

Jesus 23/24 - 3 goals 1 assist
Jesus 22/23 - 5 goals 6 assists

*Jesus stats this season are only in 800 mins of football. Last season he got to game week 16 before his injury.*

Ødegaard 23/24 - 4 goals 4 assists
Ødegaard 22/23 - 7 goals 5 assists

These are stats from this season and from up to game week 18 last season.

Quite interesting; Jesus and Saka are performing at or near the same level. Ødegaard starting to find form and Martinelli way off the pace.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Poor allocation of resources has killed us for the season. £95m tied up in Havertz and Raya when we could’ve signed Kudus for £40m and used the rest of the funds on a striker.

Havertz has scored goals that have stopped us from dropping even more points. We need a striker AS WELL.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Poor allocation of resources has killed us for the season. £95m tied up in Havertz and Raya when we could’ve signed Kudus for £40m and used the rest of the funds on a striker.

You just know he'd go for another defender.

He doesn't care about attacking football. 80% of his tenure here was tactical/defensive football with 1st half of 22/23 being a blip in five years.

That's 3 games this season where we scored ZERO goals.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He won't always be able to sign yet another 40m hybrid defender to fix stuff.

Poor squad and in game management today, game was crying for a change at half time.

Still plenty to play for, but I just don't see city faltering, not after yet another unbeaten run to clench it last season.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom