• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 2 West Ham | Thursday 28th December| KO: 20:15 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-West-Ham.jpg

Screenshot-20231223-223058.png

Screenshot-20231223-223116.png

Screenshot-20231223-223130.png

Screenshot-20231223-223159.png

Screenshot-20231223-223216.png

Screenshot-20231223-223234.png

Screenshot-20231223-223306.png

lineup-1.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 West Ham

Tom Mix

Nice to see that Dino still has some affection for the club.

Good for him that his career has taken off after moving to Germany to get playing time.
He should have been given more chances. I didn't want him sold but it was inevitable. He could easily have been part of a 4 centre-back set-up.

He didn't celebrate, bless him. that's class. I wish him all good things.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Back from the game.

Hugely frustrating evening - slightly odd atmosphere as a good number of regular fans around me were away no doubt for the holidays.

Played directly in West Hams hands with two poor and pretty basic defensive errors leading to both goals. VAR screwed us (again) but that’s not why we lost.

We were wasteful with the chances we created and created a lot of poor quality/effort chances which padded the stats but they dealt with comfortably. Jesus should have scored one, maybe two chances, Saka should have got at least one.

Jesus, Trossard in particular (what the **** was he doing from dead balls tonight?) and Martinelli all poor.

To top it all there was a Yank fresh in from Cali sat next to me, about to embark on some kind of tour of Ireland - nice fella but was taking in random Arsenal, Millwall and Forest games and basically communicated in Ted Lasso speak…:lol:

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
This was frustrating. Our main problem was slowing the game down and also lack of sharpness in almost every action we took, decision making and passing.
slowing the game down is our new strategy. Reduces the errors and xGA but at the expense of our attack.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Im positive because without a striker we scored 88 goals last season.

And its not about being positive, its about seeing what we are doing, and even seeing how we can fix it.

Not everything is a crisis bro. We are frustrated but the sun will rise again tomorrow.
This is exactly the halfway point of the season. If we score the same amount of goals in the next half we will have 72 goals at the end of the season. Not bad for a team that 'doesn't know how to score'

MartiSaka

To top it all there was a Yank fresh in from Cali sat next to me, about to embark on some kind of tour of Ireland - nice fella but was taking in random Arsenal, Millwall and Forest games and basically communicated in Ted Lasso speak…:lol:
Good to see Elliott from Arsenal vision taking in some more games.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

They're 8th for squad spending and currently 6th in the league. So he's batting above his average.

I think it’ll probably even itself out come the end of the season and that’s what their owners are probably keen to see whether there has been any significant change before offering him a new deal.

Had they been keen on him to stay surely they would have offered him a deal by now rather than let it run down with 6 months remaining.

Mohamed7

2points behind liverpool who are losing their best player for a month at the halfway stage of the season and people are saying our title challenge is done.

Perspective needed.

First game this season other than Lens away i feel we've deservedly lost, I’ll take that all day long.
Liverpool and us can challenge each other as both teams have tendencies to drop silly points.

But we are up against City who will go up levels at some point. Expect their usual 15 matches winning streak soon. Neither of us can match that.

Our run-in from end March is also very tough. We have away matches with City, Sp**s, United and some top 7 teams. We needed to build up a good lead now. Instead we are fighting to just stay in the race.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

@Farzad didn't announce being at the Emirates tonight, it could have been @Red London though

Synical

Miss Superstitious

It's really weird man. Everyone's lost their shooting boots at the same time. Which is actually the opposite of what you'd expect when you are set up to spread the goals around.

While last season was unlikely in that everyone was on scoring form, it's equally unlikely that this season everyone is out of scoring form. You'd expect that when a couple are in form, a couple are out, and vice versa.

Good news is that systematically, we are quite good. Dominant and create chances and generally defend quite well. But learning how to put the ball in the ****ing net seems a tall task at this point in time for us.
We need Partey back. Remember when he came on against City and we immediately scored

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Not when you take into account our attack was ridiculous last season but we’re struggling now.

Villa away and WHU today swung the balance. Two matches we were significantly superior but failed to take our gazolian chances.

Huh? You’re agreeing with @Rasmi more than you think bro…

Our attack was ridiculous last season and we’re struggling now == our attack was unsustainable last season.

Also to my point anyways 2 games in 18 is significant… and it’s not just 2 games anyway, we’ve been fluffing our lines almost every game this season. Those 2 games are just examples of when our profligacy was punished.

We still have a “good” attack overall but it’s clear that our strengths lie elsewhere

MartiSaka

Finishing isn’t great, especially in this game where our xG was somehow good, but we are still 7th for xG behind the likes of Brentford and Chelsea. This is a problem, even with a new striker. We need to be creating more against these mid table sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom