• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,846
  • Views 300,224

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Another long injury for Neto. Seems best we steer clear? Or does that make him cheaper and more willing to play in rotation?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sesko is definitely more athletic. An above average athlete. There are videos of him doing 5’9 box jumps, kicking jammed basketballs off hoops & throwing defenders to the floor while running (against Young boys & Rudiger, Real game).

He can play make. He does what Zirkzee does but with through balls & unpredictable flicks.

Zirkzee has so many qualities but he’s always injured. I think he is at present.

I’ve also been watching Samu on loan from Athletico Madrid. Absolute steal. I’d still take Sesko but the trend is moving back to more traditional, physical 9’s
I think we will sign him. I would guess 60% Sesko, 30% Zirkzee or 10% someone else

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Ideal cover for Saka tbf, Saka can play his 90 games per season and Neto could be used in emergencies.

Innit it’ll give Arteta cover, when Mikel gets asked why he never rests Saka he’ll just say “well I bought Neto as cover but he’s been injured the whole season so Saka had to play…”

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sesko is definitely more athletic. An above average athlete. There are videos of him doing 5’9 box jumps, kicking jammed basketballs off hoops & throwing defenders to the floor while running (against Young boys & Rudiger, Real game).

He can play make. He does what Zirkzee does but with through balls & unpredictable flicks.

Zirkzee has so many qualities but he’s always injured. I think he is at present.

I’ve also been watching Samu on loan from Athletico Madrid. Absolute steal. I’d still take Sesko but the trend is moving back to more traditional, physical 9’s
Yeah, apparently Zirkzee got a hamstring injury. He has a worse injury record than Sesko, but Sesko doesn't have a big sample size of minutes to draw from.

But yeah, this makes me once again to rate Sesko more. I rather take a punt on a player who hasn't had many minutes, rather than who has a bit more minutes in his career, and has been injured somewhat.

It's not a very big difference though regarding injuries according to these:

AeNwT

I think we will sign him. I would guess 60% Sesko, 30% Zirkzee or 10% someone else
Same, who knows what Arteta will do but out of our options I’d take him over everyone.

In terms of his level he’s similar to Isak at the Euro 2020. Decision making & shots still have a tendceny to be on target but lack venom. Frustrating at times but the potential is undeniable.

I understand the attraction with Osimhen & Gyokeres but we don’t have the minutes & I’m still kinda scarred from all our old inflated contracts. Gyo’s release clause gives me Pepe Lille vibes. Not that either are or were a bad player

drippin

I wasn’t sure if you were referring to me. You’re missing the point. The fact his wages don’t correlate to his release clause & value is the issue.

It’s a clear cash grab. These type of deals should be avoided. Well run businesses don’t do this.
It's better that his wages don't correlate to his fee. Someone like Osimhen can easily cost like 30 million more with his wage demands than Gyokeres over the contract length, plus his higher fee.

Nunez cost 85 million pounds. Yeah he was younger, but on the other hand Gyokeres has had two great seasons in Championship, which is important for a club like Arsenal.
If you need tools for work & could purchase them at £20 why wait a year & buy the same tools for £86 ? Surely it comes down to how much (demand) I need the tools ? We don’t have the need for a 86m striker.

A players value can sky rocket but our demand has only slightly increased. We’re not desperate
That's how top clubs operate. Arsenal in this title challenge mode can't buy project players like Sambi anymore and develop them. They rather buy players who are proven, even if they cost double the money.

For example I'm fine if they buy Luiz for 80 million pounds, even if they could have got him for 40 million when his contract was short, and he was less proven.

But yeah, I rather Arsenal buys a top DMF/CMF than a top striker.

drippin

Gyo’s release clause gives me Pepe Lille vibes. Not that either are or were a bad player
I can't see Gyokeres being Pepe kind of flop, because Pepe was made for transition football.

Gyokeres looks like a quite complete target man, and I think he would fit seamlessly.

But Sesko is my choice too if it's needed for funds to strengthen other areas. Which is more important to me. Even if he buried Finland with his two goals. ;)

Sulosky

Even if he buried Finland with his two goals. ;)
wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE_We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Gyökeres keeps banging them in. Another 3 goals and an assist last night. 22+9 in 24 league games this season. All comps I believe he’s 36+14 in 39.

Going to be very exciting to see him in our NT this ib

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Gyökeres keeps banging them in. Another 3 goals and an assist last night. 22+9 in 24 league games this season. All comps I believe he’s 36+14 in 39.

It’s shame he couldn’t score against Atalanta and help his team progress in the Europa league

drippin

You guys are starting to have some nice firepower in your attack again.

Isak, Gyokeres, Elanga and Kulusevski at least. All young and skilful attackers.

Currently Gyokeres has a point per 80 minutes in the league without penalties, while Nunez had a point per 78 minutes in his best season.

Somehow Gyokeres' vibe strikes me as more consistent than Nunez, I think he could be very strong mentally. Compared to Nunez who is very emotional, which can mean up and down seasons for a striker.

Do you want Gyokeres to Arsenal?

(Ah, forgot, I think he blocked me after some argument, so never mind.)

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yes, definitely. It’s a shame in general that no cf score every game, would have been much easier to predict games and scout players tbf
I’m not gonna get carried away in a guy playing against 2/3 of the teams in his league below championship level. Having said that there is a guy in the same league averaging a goal every 79 mins this season compared Viktors a goal every 97 mins. And that guy was average as hell in France

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Anyone else think Ivan Toney is a bit.. slow? As in, intellectually.

I see some of the stuff he says, it’s so strange. He’s a fabulous footballer but I look at his pattern of behaviour and can’t help but think he’s not the full ticket.

Saying “f*ck Brentford” on holiday, saying he plays for “no one important” when asked what he does for a living. Basically manifesting a move to Madrid :lol:

Odd lad.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom