• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
All we need is a World Class striker + a solid DM. A CB too would be a cherry on the top. Maybe a DM that can play CB as well would do the trick.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Getting Suarez/Rooney/Ibrahamovic would be wonderful. I'm also happy with the prospect of getting Di Maria and moving Cazorla central....

...However the latter isn't as much of a necessity as the former if we are to win things this season. I'm stumped as to how whatever potentially transpire in these last days will be at a level that satisfies me. I really hope there is a plan, because after so much arduous work of cleaning the wage bill I would hate for us to make a lateral steps.

Currently Michu constitutes as the bottom level acquisition that would actually make us better off. He's not one to overlook. That said I'm really holding out for someone marquee.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Happy with Cabaye as CM option, and Flamini as CM/FB option, if we sign these two. Add another attacking player, and I think our window is over. We won't bring a new CB nor GK in.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We need to work on our defensive personnel as well.

For me, first prize would be;

Guida/Krul
Williams/Richards
Flamini
Cabaye
Di-Maria
Benzema

If we can get in such quality, and then get our squad fit, we could be in for some good times, and possibly a surprise package.

Sadly, its too late for such to happen.

Pires7_Legend

1) Begovic - probably best goalkeeper in the PL.
2) Richards - can cover both CB and RB.
3) Kondogbia - will add presence in our midfield.
4) Di Maria - Proper quality winger which we were lacking for ages.
5) Benzema - Under Wenger he will be world class striker.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Cruisio said:
I'm sorry but that's nowhere near as good as Henry, Bergkamp, Pires and Ljungberg

Have you forgotten just how good some of those players were?

Henry is up there as arguably the best striker the Premiership has ever seen and should have won at least one World Player of the Year trophy, have ANY of those players come close to that? No

Pires as well was basically better than every player there. Before he did his first knee ligament he was the best player in the world at the time. Yet again none of those players can say they've even been near that conversation

Bergkamp...what is there to say? Pure genius as a footballer, head and shoulders above anyone on that list

Ljungberg is a funny one. He was certainly better than Walcott is right now but not as good as the others

Either way, ridiculous shout

Henry was great and the best player in the world. But Pires best player in the world, based on what exactly?

Just look at Pires/Bergkamps/Ljungberg's goals/assists per season, it's not that great. Very good players but it was Henry and Vieira that made that team tick and the likes of Cazorla could have seamlessly stepped in for any those 3. Walcott could possibly step in for Ljungberg or Wiltord.

Cruisio

Established Member
It's pretty obvious from what I wrote

In the season that Bobby did his first knee ligament he was the most inform (and therefore best) player in the world. Have any of those other players come into that conversation? No. That season he sustained a higher level and for longer periods than anyone else in the world

Also, i'm not having that. Henry was a fantastic player but even the man himself will tell you that without Bergkamp or Pires around him he wouldn't have been half as good, it worked both ways. None of those players are a patch on Bergkamp whose arguably the most talented player we've ever had

Like I said, the ONLY one anybody could make a case for is taking Ljungberg out, that's it

MDGoonah41

Established Member
pires was certainly the best midfielder in the world at the time, you can argue about best overall player, but he was unbelievable.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Cruisio said:
It's pretty obvious from what I wrote

In the season that Bobby did his first knee ligament he was the most inform (and therefore best) player in the world. Have any of those other players come into that conversation? No. That season he sustained a higher level and for longer periods than anyone else in the world

Also, i'm not having that. Henry was a fantastic player but even the man himself will tell you that without Bergkamp or Pires around him he wouldn't have been half as good, it worked both ways. None of those players are a patch on Bergkamp whose arguably the most talented player we've ever had

Like I said, the ONLY one anybody could make a case for is taking Ljungberg out, that's it

Completely agree. The Bergkamp vs. Henry debate is an interesting one, I think I prefer Henry of the two (If I had to choose...don't make me choose :cry: ) but Bergkamp was probably the first name on the teamsheet. Ljungberg would have been about 7-8th on the teamsheet after Adams, Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp, Campbell and arguably Cole were already on.

Cruisio

Established Member
Freddie was vital for us in certain games and in our system but i'm not going to try and argue that he was one of the best players in the world. What he was good at he was arguably world class at but he had a lot of other things missing from his game that keep him away from being discussed as the best ever

squallkid

Established Member
Upgrade on Giroud, Podolski and Walcott.

Just imagine how good our squad would be if we brought in players good enough to make those three back up players.

That is what we need if we're serious about winning the CL or Premier League.

The ability to sub in players due to injury or rotation and not have your level drop 5 or 6 times.

IN:
Di Maria
Benzema
A LW to replace Podolski, I want Reus but since he isn't available then Lamela.

Latest posts

Top Bottom