• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Floating

Established Member
mo50 said:
Marco Reus. Get our German contingent to whisper sweet words to him. Match his release clause and offer him a big salary. This guy will be 25 next season and is ready to hit the best years of his career. An attack consisting of Walcott/Reus and being supplied by Cazorla/Özil. **** me, they could put me at CF and I'd be top scorer.

His release clause is only €30m. Very affordable.

He's also a big Arsenal fan and his idol is Tomas Rosicky. Wenger is also a known admirer and wanted to sign him before he went to Dortmund. Sign him up!

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
mo50 said:
Marco Reus. Get our German contingent to whisper sweet words to him. Match his release clause and offer him a big salary. This guy will be 25 next season and is ready to hit the best years of his career. An attack consisting of Walcott/Reus and being supplied by Cazorla/Özil. **** me, they could put me at CF and I'd be top scorer.

His release clause is only €30m. Very affordable.

Where did you hear about that release clause? Very fair price.

Regardless of how affordable he is though, a striker has to be first priority. With Santi, Özil, Rosicky and Wilshere central, Podolski, Chamberlain and Santi able to play wide left and Walcott, Chamberlain and Özil able to play wide right we have a lot of quality in these positions and any winger/attacking midfield signings would be a luxury. Any funds we have going forward should be 100% focused on a striker, when that is sorted we can look at other positions.

Flow

Reus for 30 million? Really? I don't believe that, that guys could go for double...

If it's true, he should be a priority. World class player.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We need to get scouts at Schalke youth matches, look at the players that have been at the club at some point;

Neuer
Özil
Draxler
Gundogan
Meyer

As for next summer, we could definitely get one of Dortmund's stars but I'd love us to get Lars Bender.

Brotherz

We've suddenly become obsessed with German players...
I'm hoping We go for Falcao next summer, or possibly in January if he wants out because Monaco are under performing.

If we are leading the premiership in January, I can see us signing a top class wing forward.
Reus, Suarez or El Shaaraway.

wishful_llama

truth_hurts said:
Now we are willing to spend. Zlatan on a 2 year contract. COst 15 - 20m and 8m a year. He guarantees trophies

------------Theo--------------Özil-----------------Cazorla-----------
-------------------------------Zlatan------------------------------

how would that be for a front 4 next season! give Zlatan Bendtner and Parks wages plus an extra 90k.

I'd sooner have Chamakh back than sign that **** Ibrahimovic

fabo

6.51 / 10
Striker is a priority.
I'd take a younger CB.
If we can get a quality, direct wide player then we should go for it. This could spell danger for Poldi though.

I'll wait and see how we perform at CM and GK this season, still not totally convinced.

Chappers

wishful_llama said:
truth_hurts said:
Now we are willing to spend. Zlatan on a 2 year contract. COst 15 - 20m and 8m a year. He guarantees trophies

------------Theo--------------Özil-----------------Cazorla-----------
-------------------------------Zlatan------------------------------

how would that be for a front 4 next season! give Zlatan Bendtner and Parks wages plus an extra 90k.

I'd sooner have Chamakh back than sign that **** Ibrahimovic

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's ****ish on the pitch but off it he's well liked. Henry used to gesticulate and give teammates the glare and Zlatan is like that. If we can't get a great centre forward Zlatan would be amazing. His physicality alone is such that he can probably stay close to world class well into his 30s. He'll become more and more of a provider and his vision is up there with the best in the world.

He's not a hard working player defensively and we may prefer a more all-action striker but, even at 31, he's still a top class player who may become available next season.

I don't think AW would be interested regardless but Zlatan wins championships and have, despite playing for 6 different clubs since leaving Sweden, won the league in all but his last season at Milan.

amirkat

Established Member
I would like to see Arsenal push hard for Lewandowski this January. It'll be difficult, and I have no clue how much he desires Bayern versus the idea of just leaving Dortmund to step up another gear, but it's a possibility imo. Get him on a pre-contract.

Other than that, depending on situations, wouldn't really mind waiting until the summer and the World Cup where we see multiple bargains. Either way, a striker is #1 on the priority list.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Personally think we're far better off going for more of a wing foward/ centre foward type. E.g Reus, El Shaarawy, Suarez etc. Giroud is only going to improve I'd rather sign someone that can cover but also play with him than just replace him.

As it's a world cup year the best bet will probably be between El Shaarawy and Suarez.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Lewandowski is going to Bayern, don't torture yourselves! I retract my wish for Pastore, would rather have someone who is a typical CF and doesn't have to be converted.

Get Campbell a work permit, keep Giroud, loan out Sanogo and buy a forward that'll make teams fear us.

Buhry

Established Member

TheLoneFalcon said:
Jackson Martinez is realistic and would cost half of Suarez.

Not really, doesn't he have a 40 million euro release clause or something? Porto aren't exactly known for selling their players cheap.

Now I haven't actually seen him play outside of youtube so I can't really comment on him. But 40 million euros seems a bit risky for someone who, at the age of soon to be 27 has only had one season scoring over 20 goals in a league. Now his numbers since arriving at Porto have been very good but still. If he was 22-23 I'd be more keen.

Doesn't seem like a signing Wenger would make. If he were to come here and not be a hit he'd have rather low resale value.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Fair enough he's not worth close to that, but for some reason the prospect of spending 50 million pounds on Suarez isn't as appealing as it was a few weeks ago. Sadly there aren't any prospects on the market that's what we need for a reasonable price.

Brotherz

TheLoneFalcon said:
Lewandowski is going to Bayern, don't torture yourselves! I retract my wish for Pastore, would rather have someone who is a typical CF and doesn't have to be converted.

Get Campbell a work permit, keep Giroud, loan out Sanogo and buy a forward that'll make teams fear us.
Of what I've seen, I think I would rather play Sanogo over Campbell. Will be interesting to see how he handles the EPL when/if he gets he's chance, could be a late developer like Vela, we will see.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
I think we should go all out for Lewandowski in Jaunary, maybe try and turn his head a little. He seems Bayern bound, but I think every big club will at least try and influence his decision with a strong bid for him, and we should at least put our name in the hat.

Real Madrid will push hard for him, I think, and Suarez too. Suarez will most likely go to Madrid, meaning Benzema could be forced out as Özil was, and I wouldn't mind Arsenal making a habit of inheriting Madrid's world class hand-me-downs.

thedon5

Lewandowski is like Zlatan for me, he will seemingly not be here for the long-term and will leave after 2-3 seasons, probably to Bayern, but the fact is he would excel in our system, especially with our midfield. Even if he leaves after a short time, we could make a healthy profit on him and he'd put the goals away well enough to really increase our standing in Europe, at which point I'm sure other top class strikers would be begging to sign for Arsenal.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Germany really do have some amazing talent that hasn't even peaked yet.

Reus
Gundogan
Bender
Draxler

Ginter also looks to have a bright future.

Seriously hope we are able to tempt a couple of those players.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom