• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I agree that Lewandowski would suit us, his hold up play is up there with the best strikers in the world. He just goes after every single ball and seems to win and make use of it more often than not. He isn't the cleanest finisher but in our team I would still see him scoring plenty goals. On him leaving in 2-3 years, I wouldn't be that worried about that if we are able to convince him to come here in the first place. If he wants to go to Bayern, he'll go next Summer and it will all be done. But if we are able to convince him to come here (its a long shot) he will obviously see something attractive here and he will have to reject Bayern.

Another option is Jackson Martinez but his price tag is very hefty for a guy only going into his second season in Europe, albeit his goal scoring record is outstanding its still a big price for him.

Luis Muriel could be worth a look at if he is having a good season in Italy, which he is so far. Very quick and powerful, hes a bit injury prone but whenever he stays fit he seems to score goals.

Benzema is a bit of a sulk but I reckon he just needs a fresh start, if he came to Arsenal and was the main man up top I could really see him doing a job for us, the ability is there no doubt about it and hes still only about 25. I wouldn't go near him at £40m + but if Madrid replace him with a WC striker (which is inevitable) and move that price closer to £30m I'd go back in for him even if his form is pretty shaky right now.

thedon5

I think Benzema is definitely done at Real Madrid unless he has an absolute screamer this season. Even if he does they may still sell him. Once they go after all their targets and are left with a tonne of debt at the end of the window next summer, he could be available for as little as £20-25 m.

We probably should've gone in for Muriel instead of Ba. He'll probably cost a lot in the summer, as it's looking like he is ready for another great season. January could be our last chance.

Abel Hernandez needs to be scoring at least 15-20 this season in Serie B now that Miccoli is gone, then I can see us possibly going back in for him too.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
The fact that we have a healthy contingent of Spanish and especially German players can't do us any harm at all as those two countries looking set to keep on dominating. We have many things in our favour should we look at Reus, it would be stupid not to try if his release clause is 30 million Euros.

We've signed Özil at world class level with him probably not even at his peak, but Benzema hasn't reached his Lyon levels as everyone knows. For him to take us up a notch he'd have to improve. I'd rather go for someone who's on an upward curve, moving to a big club with something to prove. Or an already world class striker.

Pires7_Legend

We wont be signing Gundogan/Bender we are packed with midfielders!!

At the moment Arteta is very vital to us and i think we still can get 2 good seasons out of him. Ramsey has been amazing this season and not deserved to be dropped. Him, Arteta and Özil should be our midfield trio.
We all know how good Wilshere can be once he come back to his best and will eventually displace Arteta when he gets older. We just signed Flamini who will be very useful for us this season and i wont write Diaby off yet either.
So i think we are very strong in the midfield.

We definetly gonna need a new striker in a January + i would sign that Ginter kid, he looks like one hell of a talent, he could turn into a world class defender under Wenger and Mertesacker guidance + he can fill for DM aswell if needed.

In summer time we should be looking to sort out goalkeeping position, if Woijech gonna perform as he did so far this season than he deserve to be number 1 if not than we need to sign new quality goalkeeper.( Begovic)

We also might look to bring replacements for Sagna and Rosicky as their contracts gonna expire this summer but personally i would love keep both of them. I think we can get another 2-3 good season out Sagna and eventually Jenkinson maturing up and taking up his position. I would love to keep Rosicky until he retires here, he is still very very good option to have as a squad player + he is very vital to our youngsters.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
With Ramsey and Wilshere we should be fairly sorted in the box to box role for a good while but ideally we would have signed a 25/26 year old to play there who would be a guaranteed performer, if Rambo keeps up his current form that won't matter though.

In the deeper role we only have Flamini (29) and Arteta (31) because I don't really consider Aaron+Jack a valid partnership in terms of shielding the defence. Arteta has been prone to niggling injuries throughout his career and is aging, and Flamini is still a bit hard to judge although he should make a good squad player, so I definitely think a good deep midfielder (not necessarily a defensive midfielder) is needed next Summer.

This season Szczesny should be making big strides as well. He'll be turning 24 later this season and is in his 4th season, if he continues to make stupid mistakes this season, and Viviano isn't up to scratch, a GK should be up the top of our wishlist along with a striker of course.

squallkid

Established Member
I want Lewandoski but I don't want us to buy him at a stupid price in January.

Bidding anything over 20 million pounds for a player in January who only has 6 months left until his contract runs out isn't wise unless its Ronaldo or Messi.

The closer a player comes to the end of his contract, the less money he will cost.

I would go to Dortmund on January 1st and tell them "Here's 15 million, take it or leave it". Forget how good he is, that would be a very good offer for someone in the last few months of his contract and would allow BVB not to sell another star player to Bayern.

If they leave it, bid 45 mill for Suarez and call it a day.

Pires7_Legend

Begovic would be ideal if Szczesny wont perfrom this year. Viviano/Fabianski can be 3rd choice, with one of them letting go. (Hopefully goalkeeping situation will finally get sorted in the summer).

Lars Bender will add that steel to our midfield which we are lacking badly. Not sure if it gonna happen tho. We need to get rid one of Arteta/Flamini/Diaby for it to happen.

Reus would be amazing for us, really wanted to sign him before he went to Dortmund. Should try to bring him in January. Not sure how he will fill into our formation tho? Can he play as CF? I know that he plays on the wing for Dortmund now but what position he used to play in previous teams?

Ginter kid looks very very promising i can see him turning into a World class CB here, under Wenger and Mertesacker.

More Germans we sign better it will be, as we gonna have very strong British/German core with few magical players for Spain and France + i think it will be very good to bring Klopp as our new manager in the future.

What do you guys think about Sagna and Rosicky? Their contracts expires this summer should we offer them new contract or not? I would love to keep both of them.

Brotherz

squallkid said:
I want Lewandoski but I don't want us to buy him at a stupid price in January.

Bidding anything over 20 million pounds for a player in January who only has 6 months left until his contract runs out isn't wise unless its Ronaldo or Messi.

The closer a player comes to the end of his contract, the less money he will cost.

I would go to Dortmund on January 1st and tell them "Here's 15 million, take it or leave it". Forget how good he is, that would be a very good offer for someone in the last few months of his contract and would allow BVB not to sell another star player to Bayern.

If they leave it, bid 45 mill for Suarez and call it a day.
Tbh, a player of Lewandowski's quality, I would hope we would pay what they want, even if he is in he's last year of contract, that's irrelevant to us if we signed him, 25 mil would still be an acceptable price imo.

squallkid

Established Member
Well we can't complain about inflated market prices if we go out and pay 25-30 mill for a player in the last few months of his contract.

For me it's 15 or we go out and buy someone else.

We would be doing Dortmund a favour in all honesty, "sell him to us for 15 or you can let him go to Bayern for free, your biggest rival, plays in the same league as you and you've already sold them Gotze, your choice."

Brotherz

Whatever the case, if he really wants to go to Bayern, then he will. I'm sure all big clubs will enquire about him, if we was to have an amazing season, then maybe he could be tempted.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Signing Lewandowski will be all about Wenger being able to convince him to sign for us should we be interested (which we should). There's little point in bidding for Lewandowski in January when he's gearing for a move to Bayern in the summer with some saying it's already been agreed. We might as well have a go at him in the summer for free and have Wenger talk to him. The only benefit of bidding for him in January might be that he would see that we are proactive about signing him, but just because we have a bid accepted won't mean he would sign for us. Dortmund has no authority, it's all up to the player at this point.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Borussia Dortmund will more than likely be competing for the Bundesliga and the Champions League come January so I doubt a £15m bid is going to be enough when selling their star striker would effectively end their chance of a major trophy. Unless they had someone lined up in January its very unlikely this would happen.

thedon5

The £15 m would easily allow them the chance to bring in a guy who will actually stick around for more than just six months more. In any case Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has proven himself to be a great signing and they have other players as well who are more than capable of banging in the goals.

I think it's very much likely they'll consider a £15 m bid.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
For £15 m in this market it would be difficult to sign a replacement for him, especially in January. And on PEA, he scored a hat trick in his first game, missed a few sitters in his second game and then he got dropped. He may well become a good player for them but its a bit early to say he's a great signing.

They may have plenty of guys who score, but they only really have 2 strikers in Robert and PEA. It all depends really, if Klopp thinks his side has a good chance of winning the CL and/or Bundesliga I don't see him selling his main striker.

pg1989

Random shout here but was reading up on Khalid Boulahrouz after seeing that Van Der Vaart was dating his ex wife. Didn't realise he was a free agent. He played for the Dutch team as little as a year ago. He was never world class but surely he could do a half decent job as our 4th choice CB. Can play all across the backline and has plenty of international and CL experience

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
seriously, lewandowski guys? 15m pounds with 6 months to go where you can sign a pre-contract on a free? where we already have a player scoring goals and improving?

just don't get it. is he even THAT good? for me, it'll take a Messi or an Aguero to permanently displace giroud AND pay ridiculously unwarranted fees. not even benzema at 20m is that good a deal where we could concentrate on better types of deals for a forward

Pires7_Legend

January:
Reus
Ginter

Summer:
Begovic (If Woijech wont perform this season)
Adam Maher (If Rosicky gonna be let go)
Piszczek (If Sagna gonna be let go)
Lars Bender ( If one of Flamini/Diaby gonna be let go)

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Haven't done a serious wish list for a long time because I never believed we'd sign quality players.

Ok, who I want to see:

Papadopoulos
Di Maria/Reus
Suarez/Ibra ( :lol: )

And we challenge on all fronts with nice depth in all positions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom