• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Pires7_Legend

January:
Reus + Piszczek but I think it gonna be Benteke + Corchia.

Summer:
Begovic if Woijech wont improve.
Ginter to replace Sagna if he wont sign extension.
Maher to replace Rosicky if he wont sign extension.
--------------------------------------------------
Lars Bender to replace Diaby but can not see it happening, Arteta is still very vital to us + we signed Flamini this summer. Maybe 2015 when Diaby is finally released.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Pires7_Legend said:
January:
Reus + Piszczek but I think it gonna be Benteke + Corchia.

Summer:
Begovic if Woijech wont improve.
Ginter to replace Sagna if he wont sign extension.
Maher to replace Rosicky if he wont sign extension.
--------------------------------------------------
Lars Bender to replace Diaby but can not see it happening, Arteta is still very vital to us + we signed Flamini this summer. Maybe 2015 when Diaby is finally released.

We should just pay him the wages in advance and let him go. It's beyond a bad joke by now.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I was a lot more convinced of Jenkinson during his spell at the start of the season last year, but now I'm beginning to think he doesn't offer enough offensively and besides his work-rate is rather clumsy. Have no idea who's available or quality to take the starter spot at our club though.

I'd like the following based on my assumptions of how players will progress this season.

January:
RB
Rooney

- - - - - - - - - - -Szczesny/Viviano- - - - - - - - - - -
Sagna/RB/Jenk - Per/Sagna - Kos/Verm - Gibbs/Monreal
- - - - - -Arteta/Flamini- - -Ramsey/Wilshere- - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - -Özil/Rosicky- - - - - - - - - - - - -
- -Walcott/Ox - - -Rooney/Giroud - - -Cazorla/Pod- - -

Summer

In:
CB (either one that could possibly displace Per/Kos, or a young talented one)
Campbell
Pogba / Winger

Out:
Vermaelen
Bendtner
Diaby
Frimpong
Park
Miyaichi
Gnabry (loan)
Jenkinson (loan)
Sanogo (loan)
Podolski (if a winger is bought)

- - - - - - - Szczesny - - - - - -
RB - - - Per/CB - Kos - - - Gibbs
- - - - Pogba - - Ramsey - - - -
- - - - - - - - Özil - - - - - - - -
- Walcott - - Rooney - - Cazorla -

Subs: Viviano, Sagna, Per/CB, Wilshere, Arteta, Ox/Podolski, Giroud
Extra: Flamini, Rosicky, Monreal, Ox/Podolski, Campbell

23 member squad, I think that's big enough, possibly too big even. Then again, Rosicky will be 34 I believe and Arteta is 32,5 at the start of the season too.

Otherwise option: Wilshere/Arteta in instead of Pogba - bench Walcott, sell Podolski and get a (world) class winger (Reus, Di Maria come to mind). Plenty of opportunity to rotate, and insane squad depth.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Seamus Coleman and Kevin Mirallas from Everton.

Mirallas could be a good option. I am curious to see how well he does over the course of this season but his game looks like it could have suited us very well. Down the wings he has pace, skill and strength to really attack his full-back, and he is comfortable when coming into the middle.

Coleman is just a machine on the right, he bombs down that flank all game and his crossing and general attacking play is a step up from what we have here at Arsenal.

I am not sure either are top top class yet but they are both promising.

Caz19

Come on, any Arsenal fan who says he wouldn't take any Everton player is kidding himself.

Leighton Baines-would walk into any team and is the best LB in the league, by a good margin in my opinion

Ross Barkley-Great all-round midfielder who is very hard working as well. Ridiculous potential when you consider he's only 19 years old. Would definitely have him here though doubt he would be a starter right away.

Kevin Mirallas-Personally I really like this guy. I actually think of all the Everton players he would be the one I would buy for Arsenal. He's a very quick and skillful winger who's also a good finisher who can score goals. When he's on form he's impossible to deal with. I would definetly take him since we need someone like him. Walcott and Podolski are decent players but can't unlock a tight defense for the life of them. Someone like Mirallas with his dribbling and unpredictability would be really useful when we come up against the teams like Stoke or Sunderland since he has that spark of magic that makes the difference in games like that.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
To be honest Mirallas was like Ronaldo in the Greek league, apparently he rejected us because he didn't think he'd play which is sort of odd. Getting him now would probably be a myth, I'd rather buy Afellay who's injury prone but decent backup for like 5m

thedon5

Can't believe I missed Coleman from my RB list, he is top class and would be my preferred target, he is outperforming Baines atm and is better defensively IMO, plus a better engine. With the lack of top top class RB options these days I'd say he's possibly the second best player available after Piszczek, and the better option due to his age. He is also adapted to the league and has played in both a crossing and a passing set-up to good effect.

I've heard Mirallas being compared to Ronaldo before, I'm quite sure it started because a guy on youtube made a FIFA 12 Ultimate Team video about him calling him the Belgian Ronaldo in game :lol: .

Mirallas is very good, and I think he was right to think he wouldn't play as we had AOC rising at the time, as well as Gervinho, Giroud, Podolski and Walcott, he definitely wouldn't have started ahead of any of them from the start. He's a quality player though, could do what we wanted Gervinho to do. More consistent, better dribbler, miles better first touch and finisher.

His start to this season has been quite awful though, surprised Deulofeu isn't ahead of him yet based on his current form.

I think we need Dokaka's opinion on Mirallas.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Coleman's been very good for Everton and Ireland's top performer for probably the last 2 years, he had a stint on the right wing but he seems most effective as an attacking right back. In terms of attacking right backs I'd have him near the top in the EPL but then again there aren't many good attacking fullbacks in England right now. He's nearly 25 now so he should be coming into his peak soon.

He's a bit like Gibbs in his attacking game in that he is always making runs and looking for the ball in behind, but he can actually cross the ball. Defensively he is very quick and strong for his size, positionally he definitely wouldn't be as good as Sagna but then again who is. I remember him making stupid mistakes on the ball, I think he cost Everton a goal last season and was slated for it, but it seems to have been pushed out of his game. The bastard always seems to bring his A game when we play Everton as well.

Pires7_Legend

Apperantly Corhia said that he might move in January to a new club, wont surprised if he will come here. Another defender wich i really rate is that Ginter kid, really intellegent and clever CB, under Wenger and Per i can see him becoming world class CB after few years, would be great choice to have as 4th choice CB here + can play DM aswell.

I expect one of the Corchia or Ginter coming here in January, depending where Wenger sees Sagna future + new striker, i think Wenger will go for Benteke.

thedon5

Pires7_Legend said:
Apperantly Corhia said that he might move in January to a new club, wont surprised if he will come here. Another defender wich i really rate is that Ginter kid, really intellegent and clever CB, under Wenger and Per i can see him becoming world class CB after few years, would be great choice to have as 4th choice CB here + can play DM aswell.

I expect one of the Corchia or Ginter coming here in January, depending where Wenger sees Sagna future + new striker, i think Wenger will go for Benteke.

Tumblr_inline_mm163uHay91qz4rgp.gif

Caz19

If we're looking at a young RB to replace Sagna, how about that Aurier guy?

I remember hearing a lot about him, he's very highly rated. Only 20 years old as well. Been capped by Ivory Coast a few times, and he can play Right back,centre back and left back, though his strongest position is right back.

Pires7_Legend

Caz19 said:

I remember hearing a lot about him, he's very highly rated. Only 20 years old as well. Been capped by Ivory Coast a few times, and he can play Right back,centre back and left back, though his strongest position is right back.

Yeah he is another player we might bring in. I think it gonna be either him or Corchia, i think 7-10million would do it. Than hopefully we can bring in 30million+ striker aswell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summer time i can see us bringing new goalkeeper, maybe CB aswell if Sagna or Vermaelen will be let got, personally i think both should stay.
Rosicky might be gone aswell but i think Wenger will try to keep him for another 1-2years before Gnabry/Eisfeld/Miyachi/Zel can take his spot.
New physical midfielder would be great aswell but wont happen until we get rid of Diaby/Arteta/Flamini

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
thedon5 said:
Pires7_Legend said:

Tumblr_inline_mm163uHay91qz4rgp.gif

N'awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, makes me feel all gooey inside.

If the choice was between Di Maria and a top CF, I'd agree with her :wink:

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Caz19 said:

Rather not, he's not outstanding and will probably always be wanted at the ACON. It isn't worth the effort really

thedon5

Bigbludfire said:
Caz19 said:

Rather not, he's not outstanding and will probably always be wanted at the ACON. It isn't worth the effort really

We have good cover there though, Jenkinson will have definitely grown as a player by the time the next AFCON comes by and will be ready to play there and Bellerin will be good back-up. In any case Jenkinson will be competing with any young new arrival, so they won't be missed as much as you'd think. He's definitely still a target.

I still prefer Montoya or Corchia though.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
We don't need another young right back. I think Jenkinson is going well as an understudy to Sagna and supposedly Bellerin in one of the main contenders to be a success from the current crop of youngsters.

If we want an attacking right back to come in it should be someone with a bit of experience who's in their mid 20s, they should be able to come in and do a job now. If not, stick with Sagna who is still a solid right back, and see how Jenks develops in the next few years.

Tangy99

How about putting a cheeky bid in for Lukaku? He must be very disappointed to be out on loan once again and it says to me he's not rated highly enough at Chelsea. If we put in a £30m bid, would they sell?

Anzac

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/339021/Arsenal-could-follow-up-Mesut-Özil-swoop-with-Man-Utd-target-Sami-Khedira" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... mi-Khedira</a>

Latest posts

Top Bottom