• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

DanAust

Vinci said:
Reus is a fantastic player, but I'd rather see a CM/ST come in and play the Ox out wide on the left.
Plus we have Diaby for another 12 months and with our luck he'll go injury free for the last 6-8 months of his deal, play out of his skin and make everyone think about signing him again, before suffering a long term paper cut putting down his new contract

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Prefer ST/CM, in the wing department we have a fair amount of options that could push on. Unless Wilshere or Diaby can sort their injuries out then we don't really have anything else.

wishful_llama

say yes said:
Speculative question. Say this summer Arsenal have 3 big signings lined up:

- A £50m striker (Cavani/Costa)
- A £40m wide-player (Reus)
- A £30m CM (Bender)

However we can only sign two. Who do you go for?

If it's a question of the positions themselves then a striker and centre mid but if it's the players you've mentioned then it has to be Cavani + Reus. You'd be mad to sign someone like Bender over those two.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Ox needs a big season next year, hard to believe that he's here 3 years now. The tools are all there but I'm still left expecting more, alot more tbh.

His conditioning is also a big problem, the lad is blowing out of his arse after an hour.

fabo

6.51 / 10
When it comes to the crunch, you're also left wanting more from Caz/Poldi out wide.

I'd say a winger is a necessity this Summer, especially with Walcott's spell out spilling into next season. Could be months before he's match-ready.

I'd sell if we have to make space for someone with pace and quality, of course. An actual wide player.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
say yes said:
Speculative question. Say this summer Arsenal have 3 big signings lined up:

- A £50m striker (Cavani/Costa)
- A £40m wide-player (Reus)
- A £30m CM (Bender)

However we can only sign two. Who do you go for?
Striker and winger, all day long. Our midfield isn't really the problem when we have Ramsey, Özil etc fit.

It's our complete lack of any sort of offensive quality that is killing us.

mo50

Established Member
Yeah, we need to sort out our attack ASAP. I could live with Arteta/Flamini playing with Ramsey next season, but our slow, laborous attack that can't score against the big teams needs to be scrapped and rebuilt.

Too many average players and too many that just aren' suited for their role.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Dunno really - think we could really do with a more defensive CM.

I'd go with ST/CM or WF/CM. Preferably the former. I think our younger wide players will kick on.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

fabo said:
Ox needs a big season next year, hard to believe that he's here 3 years now. The tools are all there but I'm still left expecting more, alot more tbh.

His conditioning is also a big problem, the lad is blowing out of his arse after an hour.

He needs a role in the team, he has been shifted about and also has been the only one that could really make something happen in these last months. It will be easier for him when Özil and Walcott come back in the team. I think he can be a big player for us next season, if managed well and rested from time to time.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The thing is if we sign a CF who's guaranteed to get goals Wenger won't sign a LW as Cazorla will play there with Ox and Poldi as his other options there.

The alternative is we sign a Reus, a young striker like Drmic or Morata, use Walcott as our main CF with Cazorla on the right. I think it's hugely unlikely we'll sign a CF and a LW who both go straight into them. Wenger likes the lobsided 4-2-3-1 almost a pseudo 4-2-2-2 formation with a wide forward (Walcott this season) high up almost supporting Giroud with the other side being a creative midfield who's slightly deeper and not as far wide allowing a full back to overlap.... it often allows us to have two number 10's a box to box player and a holding player, as well as a wide-forward to come into the midfield to give it shape from time to time. If we were to have both Reus and Walcott on the flanks for example it make us slightly rigid in a way and everyones position would be more fixed and we'd lose a body in terms of keeping possession in midfield too.

I think Wenger has a set idea of what he wants.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I hate the notion of Chamberlain in midfield. Seems a massive waste to me and cutting corners in another respect.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Anzac said:
Talk that Munian could be available for 15m with only 12 months left on contract.

Doesn't seem like the type of player we need IMO. Maybe as a wide forward he could work, and he's young and talented enough to vastly improve on his end product. Good dribbler, great technique and a threat on the counter.

I guess one of those opportunistic signings, but not necessarily one that addresses a need unless you think he is an ideal wide-forward. I'd be pleasantly intrigued by this signing.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
I'd take him. He's definitely in that "elite talent" category, but he won't perform next season so I'd rather it was someone else

iced22

I'd honestly take a less talented player who can score over a wide man yet to top 5 league goals a season, when looking at the composition of our squad.

But if I had my way, I think a striker and CM are bigger needs than out wide.

Charisma

I think signing a wide forward like Reus or Griezmann is extremley important in the summer. The lack of goals/assists for our wide players this season has not been good enough. I think we lack quality in that area.

The main problem is that I don't think we can rely on Chamberlain next season especially with the question marks over his fitness. Also, Podolski could probably be off in the summer so that would leave us with shortage of options in wide areas.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Charisma said:
I think signing a wide forward like Reus or Griezmann is extremley important in the summer. The lack of goals/assists for our wide players this season has not been good enough. I think we lack quality in that area.

The main problem is that I don't think we can rely on Chamberlain next season especially with the question marks over his fitness. Also, Podolski could probably be off in the summer so that would leave us with shortage of options in wide areas.
That's partly because of Walcott's injury though.

Giroud

Established Member
SiMamu said:
Charisma said:

That's partly because of Walcott's injury though.

That's the whole problem though. We have no one who can come in for Walcott and provide that movement up front to cause problems for opposition defences. We might even look better dropping Cazorla to the bench and playing a similar wide forward to Walcott on the other flank especially if we don't buy a striker who wants to run the channels and behind defenders in the summer. The lack of a ball winner also affected us this season when Ramsey was injured. Flamini and Arteta just sit on top of the back 4 while the other two replacements for him Wilshere and Ox can't tackle.

It's crucial we buy a striker, wide forward and centre midfielder in the summer for me and if we ignore these areas Wenger is finished. Not having replacements in these areas cost us the title this season and will continue to do so until Wenger signs the right players.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom