• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Stones I like, Coleman too..... even Lallana would be decent back up. Bony as our only CF would be so underwhelming it's unreal. Also Vermaelen and Koscielny leaving for Williams and Stones would be a disaster...

wishful_llama

Mobb Starr said:
My wish is for Wenger to spend at least one transfer window without buying players from abroad. There is more than enough quality in the PL to choose from to supplement and strengthen the squad to challenge for the PL title. Brendan Rogers has F'n proved it this season, so please no comebacks as argument done! Man C and Chelsea spent £££'s on foreigners and who is topping the table with players like Sturridge, Sterling, Henderson, Gerrard and Flannagan huh?

My choices would be Marshall from Cardiff if Fabianski leaves. (£5m)

Williams from Swansea if Vermaelen leaves. (£8m)

Stones from Everton if Kos leaves.(£12m)

Coleman from Everton if Sagna leaves.(£15m)

Lallana to provide competition with Podolski and Özil. (He will choose us over Utd because we can offer CL)(£18m)

Bony from Swansea to provide competition for Giroud. (£15m) (doubt Mour will let us buy Lukaku, Remy is getting on a bit and Benteke is off the table, Wilfrid takes penalties as well as Balo but costs half the price!).

Players like Sanogo and Joel can be sent out on loan to allow us space in the squad.

Who cares if it costs over £70m on six squad players. It is not like we only have to worry about Spuds or Everton next season. Man U will be spending twice that in the summer to take our place in the top four. With or without Moyes. Besides if Kos and Verms leave we can recoup half that outlay easily.

I don't want to risk spending money on players who need a season to adjust. We need ready made, hungry players who want success with Arsenal. Not mercenaries who are looking to bail when the going gets a bit tough.

Some of these might be squad players but the reason why our season went away this season was because of lack of depth not luck with injuries. We need to ensure we finish higher than we did this season and qualify top of our CL group next season. More depth, more experience and more hunger will allow us to do that. Not more risky foreign experiments.

:shock: This....this is your wish list??? It's the stuff of nightmares

GDeep™

League is very weak
The names aren't too bad but they're just now what we need. Williams will be 30 in a few months, too old, Lallana is quality but the last thing we need is another guy of that type etc. Bony is good, but we need someone a level above him I would say.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Honestly if we're not signing good young prospects like Lukaku then no deal. I don't want to sign overrated players like Benteke and Bony ffs, would rather give Joel Campbell a go. Kid's got something special in his locker, let's see if Wenger can dig it out.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Williams is poor, every time I watch him he looks average and has a mistake or two in him. We really dodged a bullet by not signing him last Summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I wanted him, haven't watched Swansea at all this season though. Martin Keown was raving about Stones sometimes I wouldn't mind us rolling the dice and paying OTT for a young guy, we could do with a young CB too.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
spartandre217 said:
I bigged up Muriel last year and the year before. He could be QUALITY.

He's got to stay fit really. He'll possibly be a starter at the WC for Colombia, if he has a good tournament he'll get a lot of interest. He could be a very special player, but injuries may ruin him. His work rate has improved though, so that's a start.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Cesc Fabregas coming back would be awkward. You want a lot of world class players, sure, but it doesn't really address a need.

My wishlist changes quite often, but so far, my DM pick has been Kondogbia and remains that way for the time being. Think he'll be more of a fit and will balance out our midfield.

Not sure about CF, that's the problem position for me in terms of who I would want. Most who would be something of a hybrid that we need are either not yet in the top class mold or young.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I mention Immobile yesterday.

Like magic - ScoutNation does a video a day later :lol:

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBJ8Fa_AOQ0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBJ8Fa_AOQ0</a>

Bigbludfire

Established Member
I like the look of him but I just read yesterday that he's co-owned by Juventus. Wouldn't they have leeway in getting him back or so?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bigbludfire said:
I like the look of him but I just read yesterday that he's co-owned by Juventus. Wouldn't they have leeway in getting him back or so?

Most probably. I did a bit of research yesterday and it looks like he doesn't want to leave Italy. He's being scouted by Athletico and Dortmund and when he was asked about the latter, he said "German sounds difficult to learn" :lol:.

My guess is he may end up going back to Juve, or possibly somewhere else but staying within Serie A. He's had an explosive season and is the kind of player we should go for if the top echelons of forwards are out of our reach. We may have to pay both Torino and Juve just to get this guy - sounds like it might be a headache :lol:. Doubt we'll sign him, but he looks quality.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With Barcelon's transfer ban lifted for now I'd love to see at least one of Sanchez, Pedro or Cesc.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
-------------- Szczesny -------------
Coleman - Koscielny - Mertesacker - Gibbs
------ Schneiderlin ---- Ramsey ------
---------------- Özil ----------------
Walcott ------- Benzema ------- Chambo

Coleman - 20m
Schneiderlin - 20m
Benzema - 30m (Year and a half left on his contract)
Shaw - 25m
Balanta/Ginter - 10m
Griezmann - 17m

Total - 122m

Poldi - 15m
Vermaelen - 10m

If no other premium wingers are about, then this will do for me

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bigbludfire said:

Coleman - 20m
Schneiderlin - 20m
Shaw - 25m
Balanta/Ginter - 10m
Griezmann - 17m

Total - 122m

Poldi - 15m
Vermaelen - 10m

:shock: Would he really cost near enough 30M?

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Whether or not you think it's right Shaw will easily cost 25m, the guy's 18 and will probably be picked in the team of the year. Sign him up, keep him sweet and you could have your left back sorted for the next 10-15 years. He isn't playing the most glamorous position but he'll still cost big bucks.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Penn_ said:
Bigbludfire said:

Coleman - 20m
Schneiderlin - 20m
Shaw - 25m
Balanta/Ginter - 10m
Griezmann - 17m

Total - 122m

Poldi - 15m
Vermaelen - 10m

:shock: Would he really cost near enough 30M?

Yeah. Southampton have money, he doesn't want out and he's the 2nd best LB in the league after Baines already. Don't know why I left him out of the line up though.

Mobb Starr

ferrarif50hunt said:
Mobb Starr said:

Lallana to provide competition with Podolski and Özil. (He will choose us over Utd because we can offer CL)(£18m)

Bony from Swansea to provide competition for Giroud. (£15m) (doubt Mour will let us buy Lukaku, Remy is getting on a bit and Benteke is off the table, Wilfrid takes penalties as well as Balo but costs half the price!).
I do agree with you on buying more players from the PL, but you have to think about the fee they're going to command in relation to the role they would be playing. The likes of Lallana and Coleman etc would be commanding huge fees.

There is no way they would be sold for £15m and £18m, no chance in hell. Lallana is England's flavour of the year, look at the prices of most English players nowadays, as soon as an English player shows even the slightest bit of talent their club immediately demand £25m+, and we can't be paying that for a squad player, it just isn't realistic.

I personally don't rate Williams at all, I wouldn't trust him to put in good performances when required. If Vermaelen leaves, I'd look at Dejan Lovren from Southampton or failing that, Steven Caulker from Cardiff.

Tbf, I wouldn't let players like Sagna or Kos leave, we need to show other teams that the days of allowing our exp players to leave to strengthen their squads are over.

Wishlist: Arsenal 2014/15 season

.........................Szczesny/Marshall......................

Coleman/Sagna......Mert/Stones.........Kosc/Williams......Gibbs/Verms

................Wilshere/Arteta/.....Ramsey/Flamini.............

......Walcott/Ox...........Özil/Cazorla..........Lallana/Podolski

...........................Bony/Giroud....................

And we still have experienced players like Rosicky and Diaby in reserve in case someone suffers a torn ACL. I would sacrifice Nacho, B52 and Fabianski to balance the books a bit.

No matter what some of the other people in this forum may say, (spending big on overseas players is a guarantee of success). You have to admit, that is one heck of a squad. Perfect balance of age vs experience, every position has a player pushing for a starting spot.

With such a squad I would be confident of three things next season. A domestic cup, a serious title tilt that won't fade after six months and a CL quarter final. To me that is progress and more than justifies the £75m or so outlay.

An added bonus would be to guarantee that we won't get buggered by the three teams who will finish above us this season and that we can hold off the challenge for 4th from Utd (who will not have to worry about Europe next season and will be as much of a threat to us as Liverpool proved this season). Another advantage is that we can rotate with confidence, we won't be working our players into the ground or injury as every player will get a game.

Our young inexperienced players like Joel Campbell, Jenkinson, Miguel, Gnabry and Zelalem can be loaned out to teams like Swansea and Southampton to keep them happy. The wage bill will rise (even after our B52 bombs out) but none of my choices will be getting £100kpw salaries. Unlike someone from La Liga like Costa or Benzema or like Reus or Mandzukic from the Bundesliga who would require an outlay of £30m+ in transfer fees and £100kpw contracts respectively and no guarantee that they will set the PL alight in their first season.

In response to your comments about player value, you underestimate the Arsenal offering CL football pull to players who play in the PL. I doubt that Everton can seriously command more than £15m for Coleman when he cost them £60k, or Southampton can ask for more than £20m for Lallana, once he lets them know that he wants to join Theo and Ox here. (btw he will start ahead of Podolski, no question about that)

If push comes to shove, I would offer Jenks to Everton and Joel to Southampton to sweeten the deal. A combined offer of £20-25m for Williams and Bony will represent good business to a team who have cover in both positions. We also can offer players to Swansea to sweeten the deal if needed. Cardiff will probobly get relegated so Marshall will jump at the chance to provide competition to Szczesny and stay in the PL.

The hardest deal to complete will be for Stones as he is the future for Everton and we may have to bid high to convince them to let him go. But a combined bid of £30m for him and Coleman will enable Everton to sign Lukaku, Barry and Deulofeu permanantly. (btw, Lovren is not better than Stones and Caulker lets in 10 goals for every one that he scores). Williams is solid, dependable, experienced and vocal, qualities that will go far in the dressing room)

But for all the players on my wishlist the pull of CL football is the deciding factor. They will want to leave and no other team can offer what we can. Chelsea and Man C will be looking for Marquee signings, and trying to get rid of players like Micah, Bertrand and Rodwell, Spuds have shot their load and can't offer CL football, and Liverpool won't want to get in a bidding war with us when they have a new stadium to finance.

Arsenal need to start flexing their muscles now and I'm convinced the players mentioned will deliver success for us over the period of Wenger's 2-3yr contract extension. After that we can go for Pep Guardiola and start spending like PSG, Real, Man C et al on foreigners, but until then I think we should consolidate before we speculate.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Mobb Starr said:
ferrarif50hunt said:
Mobb Starr said:

I do agree with you on buying more players from the PL, but you have to think about the fee they're going to command in relation to the role they would be playing. The likes of Lallana and Coleman etc would be commanding huge fees.

There is no way they would be sold for £15m and £18m, no chance in hell. Lallana is England's flavour of the year, look at the prices of most English players nowadays, as soon as an English player shows even the slightest bit of talent their club immediately demand £25m+, and we can't be paying that for a squad player, it just isn't realistic.

I personally don't rate Williams at all, I wouldn't trust him to put in good performances when required. If Vermaelen leaves, I'd look at Dejan Lovren from Southampton or failing that, Steven Caulker from Cardiff.

Tbf, I wouldn't let players like Sagna or Kos leave, we need to show other teams that the days of allowing our exp players to leave to strengthen their squads are over.

Wishlist: Arsenal 2014/15 season

.........................Szczesny/Marshall......................

Coleman/Sagna......Mert/Stones.........Kosc/Williams......Gibbs/Verms

................Wilshere/Arteta/.....Ramsey/Flamini.............

......Walcott/Ox...........Özil/Cazorla..........Lallana/Podolski

...........................Bony/Giroud....................

And we still have experienced players like Rosicky and Diaby in reserve in case someone suffers a torn ACL. I would sacrifice Nacho, B52 and Fabianski to balance the books a bit.

No matter what some of the other people in this forum may say, (spending big on overseas players is a guarantee of success). You have to admit, that is one heck of a squad. Perfect balance of age vs experience, every position has a player pushing for a starting spot.

With such a squad I would be confident of three things next season. A domestic cup, a serious title tilt that won't fade after six months and a CL quarter final. To me that is progress and more than justifies the £75m or so outlay.

An added bonus would be to guarantee that we won't get buggered by the three teams who will finish above us this season and that we can hold off the challenge for 4th from Utd (who will not have to worry about Europe next season and will be as much of a threat to us as Liverpool proved this season). Another advantage is that we can rotate with confidence, we won't be working our players into the ground or injury as every player will get a game.

Our young inexperienced players like Joel Campbell, Jenkinson, Miguel, Gnabry and Zelalem can be loaned out to teams like Swansea and Southampton to keep them happy. The wage bill will rise (even after our B52 bombs out) but none of my choices will be getting £100kpw salaries. Unlike someone from La Liga like Costa or Benzema or like Reus or Mandzukic from the Bundesliga who would require an outlay of £30m+ in transfer fees and £100kpw contracts respectively and no guarantee that they will set the PL alight in their first season.

In response to your comments about player value, you underestimate the Arsenal offering CL football pull to players who play in the PL. I doubt that Everton can seriously command more than £15m for Coleman when he cost them £60k, or Southampton can ask for more than £20m for Lallana, once he lets them know that he wants to join Theo and Ox here. (btw he will start ahead of Podolski, no question about that)

If push comes to shove, I would offer Jenks to Everton and Joel to Southampton to sweeten the deal. A combined offer of £20-25m for Williams and Bony will represent good business to a team who have cover in both positions. We also can offer players to Swansea to sweeten the deal if needed. Cardiff will probobly get relegated so Marshall will jump at the chance to provide competition to Szczesny and stay in the PL.

The hardest deal to complete will be for Stones as he is the future for Everton and we may have to bid high to convince them to let him go. But a combined bid of £30m for him and Coleman will enable Everton to sign Lukaku, Barry and Deulofeu permanantly. (btw, Lovren is not better than Stones and Caulker lets in 10 goals for every one that he scores). Williams is solid, dependable, experienced and vocal, qualities that will go far in the dressing room)

But for all the players on my wishlist the pull of CL football is the deciding factor. They will want to leave and no other team can offer what we can. Chelsea and Man C will be looking for Marquee signings, and trying to get rid of players like Micah, Bertrand and Rodwell, Spuds have shot their load and can't offer CL football, and Liverpool won't want to get in a bidding war with us when they have a new stadium to finance.

Arsenal need to start flexing their muscles now and I'm convinced the players mentioned will deliver success for us over the period of Wenger's 2-3yr contract extension. After that we can go for Pep Guardiola and start spending like PSG, Real, Man C et al on foreigners, but until then I think we should consolidate before we speculate.

You weren't in charge of Liverpool when they signed Carroll, Henderson and Downing for 75m were you?

None of those signings bar Coleman improve us and with Flamini/Arteta ageing I could see us getting 5th Place with the starting 11. As hard as it is to not wishlist to improve Giroud you've managed to wishlist a player who's just as average in Bony. Williams and Stones are mid table level players.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Scz
Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs
Cesc Ramsey
Özil
Wilshere Walcott Pedro

+

Griezmann/El Shaarawy
CB
GK