• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Giroud

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Podolski--------Walcott
---------Özil
---Ramsey----L.Bender
-------Fabregas
Gibbs-Mert--Kosc--Coleman
-------Szczesny

Reminds me of Ancelotti's diamond of Pirlo and Rui Costa/Kaka flanked by Seedorf and Gattuso. Coleman also would provide those surging runs like Cafu.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's a shame Walcott didn't get a chance in the centre this season. The options of possible available players that can either play RW/LW or ST look a lot better than those that are only central strikers.

There's even a handful of young strikers that could add depth.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Of the strikers we could possibly get who would you prefer and why? Super Mario, Benzema or Jackson Martinez. If you can think of anyone different who we can realistically get feel free to add but those are the three I think we will be looking at come the summer.

Of those Balotelli is probably the biggest risk but is the youngest so may have more to give. Personally I am torn between Jackson and Benzema both would be excellent options for us Jackson seems more an out and out striker though which I do not think we need. We need a WF/CF and I think Benzema can play that role.

eye4goal

Established Member
What do people think of Firmino? 14 goals, 11 assists and only 22 years old. Looks excellent in his match compilations.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's got some skill that lad, few times I've watched him he's really impressed.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/47878-arsenal-to-revive-interest-in-monaco-ace.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premi ... co-ace.php</a>

I wish this was true!

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I'd be very happy with Kondogbia challenging Arteta for the DM spot next season. I wanted a more positionally aware midfielder for that position, but with Ramsey in there I think we can afford to play a more adventurous DM.

I know some people slate Benzema, but watching him in this Bayern game I hope people realise how little of the ball he sees in this Madrid team, he always has to drop deep and play in Bale/Ronaldo. But in the Arsenal team he would get way more of the ball and I think his class would show a lot more.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
MutableEarth said:
I mention Immobile yesterday.

Like magic - ScoutNation does a video a day later :lol:

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBJ8Fa_AOQ0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBJ8Fa_AOQ0</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like the type of forward we need. Then again I thought that about Soldado :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
ASAP Berg said:
I'd be very happy with Kondogbia challenging Arteta for the DM spot next season. I wanted a more positionally aware midfielder for that position, but with Ramsey in there I think we can afford to play a more adventurous DM.

The thing is, Kondogbia is actually quite astute positionally - I'd argue it's one of his strengths. I think because he happens to be capable of taking the ball forward and dribbling, he's seen as more B2B when he's a straightforward DM most of the time. The strongest areas of his game is quite easily his tackling, interceptions and positioning. That he is technically capable and can pass the ball well is a testament to how well rounded he is. He'd be perfect in our system IMO, and hopefully he hasn't already ruined his career by going to Monaco. Worst decision he could have made IMO. Hopefully he comes here.

ASAP Berg said:
I know some people slate Benzema, but watching him in this Bayern game I hope people realise how little of the ball he sees in this Madrid team, he always has to drop deep and play in Bale/Ronaldo. But in the Arsenal team he would get way more of the ball and I think his class would show a lot more.

Sometimes he can be quite sluggish with the ball though and slow in thought at times. He clearly has the ability to hang with all of them though but sometimes he disappoints when he clearly has the talent. Not as much as Balotelli does, but both are highly talented but temperamental characters IMO.

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
MutableEarth said:

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBJ8Fa_AOQ0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBJ8Fa_AOQ0</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like the type of forward we need. Then again I thought that about Soldado :lol:

Soldado was a straight up penalty box player. This guy looks to have more about his game overall. However, you are right - he may not be as well-rounded as we need him to be, nor may he be what we need. Regardless, we haven't been linked with him in years.

Sam the Duck

eye4goal said:
What do people think of Firmino? 14 goals, 11 assists and only 22 years old. Looks excellent in his match compilations.

I hope that we are in for him. He seems versatile and also belongs to the few strikers with a great defensive work rate.

florentp

I have just seen Wenger is discussing with Barca to get Pedro in exchange of Özil ... How the hell is it possible to be so stupid ??????

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
MutableEarth said:
ASAP Berg said:

The thing is, Kondogbia is actually quite astute positionally - I'd argue it's one of his strengths. I think because he happens to be capable of taking the ball forward and dribbling, he's seen as more B2B when he's a straightforward DM most of the time. The strongest areas of his game is quite easily his tackling, interceptions and positioning. That he is technically capable and can pass the ball well is a testament to how well rounded he is. He'd be perfect in our system IMO, and hopefully he hasn't already ruined his career by going to Monaco. Worst decision he could have made IMO. Hopefully he comes here. highly talented but temperamental characters IMO.

I'm not sure if Monaco would sell him, but I do think he'd give the ball allot, his passing seems eratic. He's the type of powerhorse we need though. I really wanted Wanyama before he went to Saints too.

MutableEarth said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
MutableEarth said:

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBJ8Fa_AOQ0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBJ8Fa_AOQ0</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Soldado was a straight up penalty box player. This guy looks to have more about his game overall. However, you are right - he may not be as well-rounded as we need him to be, nor may he be what we need. Regardless, we haven't been linked with him in years.

No I was saying I don't really know enough. Imobile looks class.

Not sure how Soldado failed so badly, maybe the physicality of the PL. Although I think he would have done better here with our service.

I wanted Lamela too who I think should turn his poor start around. I was really worried about Sp**s spending putting them ahead of us this year. It's still a worry that some of those may push on and be top players next term.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
MutableEarth said:
ASAP Berg said:

The thing is, Kondogbia is actually quite astute positionally - I'd argue it's one of his strengths. I think because he happens to be capable of taking the ball forward and dribbling, he's seen as more B2B when he's a straightforward DM most of the time. The strongest areas of his game is quite easily his tackling, interceptions and positioning. That he is technically capable and can pass the ball well is a testament to how well rounded he is. He'd be perfect in our system IMO, and hopefully he hasn't already ruined his career by going to Monaco. Worst decision he could have made IMO. Hopefully he comes here.

I'm not sure if Monaco would sell him, but I do think he'd give the ball allot, his passing seems eratic. He's the type of powerhorse we need though. I really wanted Wanyama before he went to Saints too.

His passing is in the high 80% range, so he's pretty good on the ball. He generally tends to keep it short, but his range at the U20 world cup was impressive and more than functional.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I'm thinking about Cesc. Could he fit in at Arsenal?

Watching Özil, he seems to do a heap of floating to the wings, either left or right, drifting wide when Cazorla comes centrally. He is more confident in his dribbling than Cazorla and his crosses are very dangerous.

----------------ST

----------Özil-Cesc-Walcott

------------Ramsey-DM

--Gibbs-Koscielny-Mertesacker-RB

-------------Szczesny

Then again, it would probably restrict Wilshere, Chamberlain from getting games. Both have huge talent but struggle to find consistency. Maybe they both have great pre-season games and do a Ramsey.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
In: Cavani, Cesc, Bender, Jung/Aurier/Coleman, Papadopoulos (dat angry face)

Out: Vermaelen, Sagna, Diaby, Arteta.

????

Win the league.

Top Bottom