• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
How about Victor Ibarbo people?

Guy is 188cm tall, but looks even bigger, is probabably one of the fastest players in Seria a, very powerful and skillful, and can play all attacking positions.
Havent watch Cagliari for obvious reasons, but ever since I first heared about this guy I like him.

He is many right winger, but with his body, I think sooner or alter he should swithc for good to CF postion.

We are crying for a guy who has all he does.
Once again, havent watched Cagliari as they are not a team to watch, but this guy has all the things we are looking for.

Only thing he misses are tons of goals, but like I said, he plays wide a lot, and for a poor team.

Just an idea

Giroud

Established Member
I remember watching him a couple of times in the past and he was pretty ****. Nainggolan was their only good player really. No where near good enough for us.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Out:

Fabianski: reluctantly but he is a keeper who needs games to find his best form, being second choices helps neither him or club. Will go down in recent history fr his heroics vs Liverpool and Wigan.

Vermaelen: Not a huge fan, good leadership but not a particularly good defender. Awful positioning and has head rushes. Could probably get 10m for him.

Monreal: I rate him as a footballer but as time progresses can I see him as one of the best LBs in the league? unfortunately not. His stock will still be pretty high in Spain so we should sell for 5-8m and buy a first choice.

Coquellin: Looked promising but isn't going to make it here. Sell for 3m and add in a sell on clause in case he does come good.

Flamini: Good enough to start for a mid-table premiership club quite easily but not good enough to start here, walking yellow card. Has been good squad player this season but if we are to add to our midfield then something has to give and personally I would rather keep Arteta for 12 months than Flamini. Last year of his contact is easily worth 2-3m for somebody.

Miyaichi: see Coquellin, even if just for commercial rights has to fetch over 3m.

Afobe: See COquellin. Can do a job for a midtable Championship team, sell for 2-3m.

Podolski: Reluctant sale of a good finisher and good character, however his current role doesn't work for player or club. He'd score a lot of goals for a lot of teams. Sell for 8-10m

Giroud: Why sell our top scorer? because he isn't that good. Wouldn't he be a good squad player? yes but so would a lot of players here. Recoup our outlay on him and say cest la vie. 10m and Theo becomes the back up striker.

Release: Park and Bendtner plus remember that we have sold Djourou. Give Sagna what he wants for 3 years!

best case scenario means that this scenario gives us 45-50m to spend and allows us to bring in some top footballers.

In:

Back-up GK - Viviano, Gordon or Steklenburg all low cost and low risk for a couple of million.

CB: lets bring in Aurier as emergency CB and back up RB. Sagna has proven himself a capable CB. 7m or even Ashley Williams and give Jenkinson a chance as back-up RB.

LB: Fabio Contraeo I rate and he would be a good and available attacking full back. He didn't cost Real 20m for no reason. We could get him for 10.

CM: Arteta needs replacing with a top CM am not even going to give names just suggest that we spend 20-30m on quality.

WF/ST: can be one player to fill both roles or a top quality player in either - both positions is unrealistic. Theo can play CF next season at times behind a striker such as well you know the names. If we buy a Sanchez, Pedro or Griezmann then it will be necessary to buy a back up striker to Theo and one of Morata or Remy would be more than adequate here. Expenditure of 25-35m required.

35m outlay is pretty impressive if we lined up like this:

------------------------Szszceny---------------------
--Sagna---------Mertesacker---Koscielny------Contreao--
-------------------Ramsey------CM----------------------
--------Santi------------Özil------------Sanchez-------
------------------------Theo/Morata--------------------

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
ArsenaLover said:
How about Victor Ibarbo people?

Guy is 188cm tall, but looks even bigger, is probabably one of the fastest players in Seria a, very powerful and skillful, and can play all attacking positions.
Havent watch Cagliari for obvious reasons, but ever since I first heared about this guy I like him.

He is many right winger, but with his body, I think sooner or alter he should swithc for good to CF postion.

We are crying for a guy who has all he does.
Once again, havent watched Cagliari as they are not a team to watch, but this guy has all the things we are looking for.

Only thing he misses are tons of goals, but like I said, he plays wide a lot, and for a poor team.

Just an idea
He's been linked with Juventus. And Leeds.

Lazaq

ArsenaLover said:
Kevin Volland??
p0Ci9kY.gif

I thought we had agreed we need the finished product for our striker buy? What's going ON in here?

Anzac

Established Member
Bird in the hand theory.

Would Remy improve our capability and flexibility re depth and providing something different at CF?
If so then for 8m it's a no brainer IMO.

Likewise does Vela provide something we lack re penetration on the ball?
Again if so then for 4m it's a no brainer to improve our ability to both sustain performance levels and offer something different.

Once that has been achieved for minimal outlay we can do the same re our other areas of concern - Rabiot for CM/DM, Aurier at RB, Rami/Williams at CB, Ruddy/McCarthy at GK.

THEN, once the squad issues have been addressed and balanced, we can sit and wait to see what bargain opportunities present re the likes of Martinez/Khedira/Schneiderlin/Bender/Griezmann/Di Maria/Sanchez/Pedro/Benzema/Mandzukic/Balotelli/El Shaarawy etc.

By contrast we spent last summer chasing the bird in the bush, and whilst it eventually landed us Özil it did not deliver what we needed to balance/address the squad for the season campaign.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Would you not agree if we did sign the top class forward/wide man first then it would make it easier for us to fill in the bits around him i.e other forward, dm, cb, rb,gk etc?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anzac said:
Bird in the hand theory.

Would Remy improve our capability and flexibility re depth and providing something different at CF?
If so then for 8m it's a no brainer IMO.

Likewise does Vela provide something we lack re penetration on the ball?
Again if so then for 4m it's a no brainer to improve our ability to both sustain performance levels and offer something different.

Depends if you would be ok with them being the only attacking players that we buy. It's a nice thought but I don't see us getting 3+ players in those positions unless a very good deal comes along. Unless you mean one out of Remy/Vela?

To be honest when you look at our finances we really should be going after whoever we want, even if we over pay.

Giroud

Established Member
I agree with Anzac. If we wait around for value or players to come available we'll go into next season with the same issues even if we sign someone like Di Maria in the end. We again will lack goalscorers and our points tally will likely remain relatively similar rather than towards 90 which will secure the title. However if we solve our goalscoring issues with a proven dynamic forward like Remy or Vela to add to Walcott we will then get the best out of our playmakers and become more threatening particularly in the big games even without a world class signing. Doing the same in midfield and defence will give us an effective balanced squad and then if a big name player becomes available we can sign them taking us to another level. If not we will still have a massively more effective and improved squad which would challenge for the title anyway.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Go for Coleman and Schneiderlin before the World Cup, PL tested and proven. Good ages. These Aurier links look legit, Coleman would obviously cost more but I'd like to see us try at least.

Dunno anything about Aurier, like everybody else, but I'd be surprised if he was the best RB we could get.

Charisma

I would love it if we also try and sign Arda Turan this summer. He's a quality player and has proven it the last few seasons with Atletico.

Anzac

Established Member
Tir Na Nog said:
Would you not agree if we did sign the top class forward/wide man first then it would make it easier for us to fill in the bits around him i.e other forward, dm, cb, rb,gk etc?

Normally, but AW doesn't work like that unfortunately.
IMO he is far too passive in the market.

Anzac

Established Member
I'd like for us to replace Flappy with a HG GK - it's a no mess way to improve our HG numbers without impacting our starting XI.

Floating

Established Member
Anzac said:
I'd like for us to replace Flappy with a HG GK - it's a no mess way to improve our HG numbers without impacting our starting XI.

Do we need to improve our HG numbers? Don't we have enough already?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xherdan Shaqiri please

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11890/9330156/transfer-news-xherdan-shaqiri-to-consider-move-away-from-bayern-munich" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ern-munich</a>

He's considering leaving Bayern to get first team action. Would add significant firepower to our attack IMO. Let's hope Liverpool pursue Lallana so we can get this guy

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I'd love Alexis Sanchez. I think he can offer the same ball playing ability that AW wants from our left winger to join in the play like Santi or Rosicky have been, but he has far more in his locker in regards to his power, penetration and general attacking threat. Someone like Pedro is quality but I don't think AW wants to play two direct wide forwards like he used to with Pod and Theo, our best bet for the left wing is an all rounder like Sanchez who can drift in to join in the play but also offer a direct threat. I know he doesn't usually play on the left but technically I'd say he's versatile enough to make the switch.

Top Bottom