• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
Xherdan Shaqiri please

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11890/9330156/transfer-news-xherdan-shaqiri-to-consider-move-away-from-bayern-munich" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ern-munich</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's considering leaving Bayern to get first team action. Would add significant firepower to our attack IMO. Let's hope Liverpool pursue Lallana so we can get this guy

Wouldn't say no to this, I wanted him when he was at Basel. He looks better on the right cutting in though.

Anzac

Established Member
Floating said:
Anzac said:
I'd like for us to replace Flappy with a HG GK - it's a no mess way to improve our HG numbers without impacting our starting XI.

Do we need to improve our HG numbers? Don't we have enough already?

I'm not sure that we do.

We're 'losing' Bendtner & that leaves Szczesny, Gibbs, Rambo, Wilshere, Jenkinson & Walcott all over 21 & Ox u21 = 7 HG including Ox who doesn't need to be registered unless we are short re HG.

DanAust

CurryFlavoured said:
Big Poppa said:
Xherdan Shaqiri please

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11890/9330156/transfer-news-xherdan-shaqiri-to-consider-move-away-from-bayern-munich" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ern-munich</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's considering leaving Bayern to get first team action. Would add significant firepower to our attack IMO. Let's hope Liverpool pursue Lallana so we can get this guy
Wouldn't say no to this, I wanted him when he was at Basel. He looks better on the right cutting in though.
He'd be perfect, young, a long term successor to Poldi and Santi on the left, lightening quick and could switch sides with theo for variety

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Charisma said:
I would love it if we also try and sign Arda Turan this summer. He's a quality player and has proven it the last few seasons with Atletico.

Hard-worker but a play maker type. Plays like a young Rosicky, not really what we need. We have Rosicky and Wilshere who can offer similar if admittedly not quite at the same level of Turan.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Shaqiri would be exceptional. Has all you want in a winger and can contribute to our ball playing as well as give us another direct option. He's lightening quick, having him, Theo and Ox as wide options and we're set for years.

Wouldn't cost a monumental amount either I don't reckon, hope we go in for him.

Should just slap £60M down for him and Martinez.

Pies

Shaqiri is a great shout.

Has that quickness, explosiveness, and directness we need, has the technical ability to fit in here, can play a variety or positions, can score and create goals, likely wouldn't cost a fortune, plus we need a Shaq....let's do it. 8))

Floating

Established Member
Penn_ said:
Pedro
Sanchez
Martinez
Morata
RB?
GK?

Would be achievable for a net of around £100M.

I'd much rather only sign one of Sanchez/Pedro if it meant signing a striker better than Morata.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Couldn't think of anyone who is available or that I'd prefer. At the moment signing a young talented striker that Wenger can mould feels more appealing. Sanchez can also play in the middle.

Really can't see Falcao joining anyone but City if he came to England.

DanAust

Penn_ said:
Couldn't think of anyone who is available or that I'd prefer. At the moment signing a young talented striker that Wenger can mould feels more appealing
With that in mind I don't know why we aren't all over Lukaku. His time at Chelsea is clearly up. Here's a slightly disingenuous stat, since a lot were scored in Belgium but-

League Goals When Turing 21:
Messi - 57
Owen - 55
Rooney - 44
Shearer - 10
Lukaku - 65

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Of all the striker rumours, I'd like to see Rodrigo from Benfica at Arsenal. He has similar attributes to Eduardo, actually a better dribbler and better link up with the midfield.

Iceman10

Established Member
ASAP Berg, I agree, the only question is can he play as CF because I don't think we will get the best out of him as WF/SS if Giroud is CF.

In an ideal world I would have this for our front four players:

--------Rodrigo--------
-WF/SS*--Özil--Theo-

*WF/SS - e.g. Alexis Sanchez

This would enable some interchange among Rodrigo and the two wide forwards, a system I think he would thrive in with his drifting and desire to make runs and dribbles from deep. It would be a departure from us often playing one WF/SS (e.g. Theo), Özil as playmaker, and another playmaker on the left and interchanging with Özil, e.g. Cazorla.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Floating said:
Anzac said:
I'd like for us to replace Flappy with a HG GK - it's a no mess way to improve our HG numbers without impacting our starting XI.

Do we need to improve our HG numbers? Don't we have enough already?

wasn't there talk about the ratio going up after a few years?

because it is 4 nad 4 now right? but when the rule was implemented it was 3 and 3

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

How does this team look?

Szczesny

Richards Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs

Fabregas Ramsey

Özil Cazorla

Benzema Giroud

Subs
New Keeper
Jenkinson