• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Come on, Khedira, Bender, Schneiderlinn all seem to be available and attracting our interest... why then go, "actually nah, we'll just get ANOTHER 30+ holding player and hedge our bets on players who mightn't even be available"....

Get someone to play alongside Ramsey and that sorts out all of problems, preferably a versatile player who could also play alongside Arteta if needs be.

On a similar note, there's not way Benzema's leaving even if Madrid do get Falcao

arsenallegends

Established Member
Its called a wish list mate! apply whatever degree of reality I saw. I have high hopes that Arteta will provide a real master class half/full season but definitely think we need to make the long-term investment this summer. Barry, Bender and Khedira aren't right for different reasons for me.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
I had to get off Twitter. The stupid, it burns.

Have we not learned by now that NO ONE can be believed on the subject of Arsenal transfers except Arsène Wenger?

That's my wish list: Fewer gullible Gooners.

"Sky Sports understands... " Sky Sports doesn't understand ****. It's run by Rupert Murdoch, the greatest purveyor of lies in the history of the human race.

Alan Smith says Sanchez has been signed? Did Smudge hear this from Wenger himself? If not, then he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Some people are SO desperate to believe that big signings are coming that they refuse to accept that the team we have NOW won the Cup, and nearly won the League.

We need a few tweaks. We don't need big signings. And we certainly don't need to bring in a clubhouse cancer, as any Barcelona player would be, so to hell with Sanchez, he can't be trusted.

Floating

Established Member
Uncle Mike said:

Have we not learned by now that NO ONE can be believed on the subject of Arsenal transfers except Arsène Wenger

Some people are SO desperate to believe that big signings are coming that they refuse to accept that the team we have NOW won the Cup, and nearly won the League.

We need a few tweaks. We don't need big signings. And we certainly don't need to bring in a clubhouse cancer, as any Barcelona player would be, so to hell with Sanchez, he can't be trusted.

:shock: Yes. Yes it does.

musicmonkey

Established Member
bingobob said:
How would people feel about going for Gareth Barry on a free abs and using that money to pursue a Benzema or Di Maria instead.

Barry was one of Evertons best players, very experienced no adaption period required, never relied on pace anyway and has a decent left peg.
Signed for Everton today.

I'm also not a fan of Witsel, too reckless for my liking and i think the 3 midfielders we're linked with are better.

Giroud

Established Member
Khedira alongside Ramsey wouldn't work as they're both too attacking and adapting one into a pure defensive midfielder would be wasting their attributes.

Chappers

Uncle Mike said:

Have we not learned by now that NO ONE can be believed on the subject of Arsenal transfers except Arsène Wenger?

"Sky Sports understands... " Sky Sports doesn't understand ****. It's run by Rupert Murdoch, the greatest purveyor of lies in the history of the human race.

Alan Smith says Sanchez has been signed? Did Smudge hear this from Wenger himself? If not, then he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

I thought you posted the most outlandish views off of twitter, then I realised it's Uncle Mike whose logic is in a realm way beyond that of mortal men.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
I'd like us to set up in a similar way to France and Germany, who lineup:
----------GK
RB-----CB----CB-----LB
----------DLP
------BBM----BBM
WF--------CF--------AM

So, in our case:
---------------Szczesny
Debuchy-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Gibbs
-------------Schneiderlin (£20-25m)
-----------Ramsey----Wilshere/Chamberlain
Walcott/Sanchez-Giroud/Remy----Özil
_______(£27.8m)______(£8m)

Anzac

Established Member
SiMamu said:
----------GK
RB-----CB----CB-----LB
----------DLP
------BBM----BBM
WF--------CF--------AM

So, in our case:
---------------Szczesny

You could use that same line up and roles in a 4312.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Anzac said:
SiMamu said:
----------GK
RB-----CB----CB-----LB
----------DLP
------BBM----BBM
WF--------CF--------AM

So, in our case:
---------------Szczesny

Going forward, Özil could drift inside and make it a 4-3-1-2, but defensively two need to be out wide, tracking the full back.

Anzac

Established Member
CurryFlavoured said:
No more average defensive midfielders, we already have two. If we're signing a dm he needs to be a step up from Arteta/Flamini and not a pensioner either.

Further to this - sign a top quality horses for courses option and we then provide the steel back into the midfield. This then has a number of ramifications to our shape, roles and style, the least of which being that we'd no longer 'need' a target man type CF to provide any physical presence at set pieces. Moving forward we can then adjust the team patterns and roles better suited to the fundamentals of defence-support/creative-attack rather than having our CF in some quasi linking/holding role.

Anzac

Established Member
SiMamu said:
Anzac said:
SiMamu said:
----------GK
RB-----CB----CB-----LB
----------DLP
------BBM----BBM
WF--------CF--------AM

So, in our case:
---------------Szczesny

Going forward, Özil could drift inside and make it a 4-3-1-2, but defensively two need to be out wide, tracking the full back.

I was thinking the 2 wide CMs operate more like B2B & they'd provide cover to the flanks.

Anzac

Established Member
Question - any news/talk re Griezmann of late?
Prior to the WC there was a lot of speculation of him moving between us and PSG, but since the WC started the talk has died right off.

Saw a suggestion on a less than reputable source suggesting that we already had a deal in place, and the speculation was re that week in the Group Stage when AW was in player & agent meetings - Debuchy, Sanchez & Griezmann?

Would this then see 2 more direct widemen in Griezmann & Walcott, and Sanchez as a deeper false9 playing slightly behind them in a 4213, with Rambo and partner playing a more traditional CM roles?

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Anzac said:
Prior to the WC there was a lot of speculation of him moving between us and PSG, but since the WC started the talk has died right off.

Saw a suggestion on a less than reputable source suggesting that we already had a deal in place, and the speculation was re that week in the Group Stage when AW was in player & agent meetings - Debuchy, Sanchez & Griezmann?

Would this then see 2 more direct widemen in Griezmann & Walcott, and Sanchez as a deeper false9 playing slightly behind them in a 4213, with Rambo and partner playing a more traditional CM roles?

None and we won't be getting him. Wenger would be gambling that Sanchez would work as a CF. He'd also have 2 wide men in Walcott and Griezmann who were both pace merchants who offer little in build up play or breaking down defences. It sound very unbalanced. And he'd cost 30m. At that price Wenger would rather go back in for DiMaria

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Anzac said:
I was thinking the 2 wide CMs operate more like B2B & they'd provide cover to the flanks.
Maybe go with Wilshere in the Cabaye/Schweinsteiger role, and then Khedira and Ramsey as the the box-to-box midfielders.

Sannei

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Anzac said:

None and we won't be getting him. Wenger would be gambling that Sanchez would work as a CF. He'd also have 2 wide men in Walcott and Griezmann who were both pace merchants who offer little in build up play or breaking down defences. It sound very unbalanced. And he'd cost 30m. At that price Wenger would rather go back in for DiMaria
I thought Griezmann had a release clause of about £25m? But I agree I'm not sure Wenger will like the thought of Theo and Griezemann on either side of the wings. I think Di Maria (but he will be so expensive now) or even Reus - which I can't see this summer would be much better options for our LW if Theo is on the RW.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I want Di Maria or Balotelli/Benzema and am prepared to lose 2 or 3 of Campbell, Podolski, Giroud or Cazorla to allow it to happen.

Arteta/Flamini can go to allow us to buy a CM AND WE add a back up gk to Debuchy and Sanchez.

Latest posts

Top Bottom