• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Buhry

Established Member

Di Maria with Sanchez as a false 9 would be sick. If Alexis is going to play in the centre we do need to upgrade the LW position imo. If he's gonna play on the left then we'd need to upgrade on giroud.

So either Di Maria or Benzema, depending on what Wenger wants to do with Sanchez.

Imagine a forward trio of Di Maria - Alexis - Walcott, would be an insane combination of skill, creativity and pace there. Both Di Maria and Alexis work very hard defensively as well and are good first defenders.

With the likes of Chambo, Cazorla and Giroud as backup that would be an attack capable of challenging any team in the world.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Buhry said:
Di Maria with Sanchez as a false 9 would be sick. If Alexis is going to play in the centre we do need to upgrade the LW position imo. If he's gonna play on the left then we'd need to upgrade on giroud.

So either Di Maria or Benzema, depending on what Wenger wants to do with Sanchez.

I think people have forgotten what a false 9 actually is, if Sanchez plays up top for us he wouldn't be a false 9, he'd be a striker. I'm sure you watched him play for Chile, he didn't play as a false 9 at all, he played a lot on the shoulder actually, and as a result of some top class movement bagged a couple of goals.

When the likes of Fabregas and Gotze play up front, they are false 9's, because they drop deep and bring widemen/forward running midfielders into play, their primary duty is to create. False 9's are for teams to have an extra bit of control on possession in a game IMO.

For me, Sanchez should be played out wide and we should look to get an out and out striker in. Not having a go at you btw mate, a few have said Sanchez would be a good false 9, but his playing style up top and his skillset isn't that of a false 9 at all.

But **** me, HE'S OUR PLAYER! :bounce

Chappers

With the market a wasteland when it comes to strikers, we can't afford to pass up the chance to sign a player like Benzema. I'd understand our reluctance if we had a very promising striker coming through but that's not the case, so I hope that we are still in the market for a Benzema or Cavani, if they become available.

Floating

Established Member
ferrarif50hunt said:
If Di Maria does go to PSG, as looks likely... surely Cavani becomes available? We'd have to be all over that if it happens.

Why? They play in different positions.

been

I think he means wing, Cavani has been pushed out to RW at PSG and therefore is being wasted, he needs to be the focal point of the team to shine. People forget he was tearing up the CL and Serie A a couple seasons ago and was arguably better then suarez at times, but as predicted his career has gone to **** at PSG.

Di Maria might play CAM for PSG.

Buhry

Established Member

We should be creeping on atletico and try to snag whatever south American striker they find next to replace costa.

entropy13

Established Member
Buhry said:
We should be creeping on atletico and try to snag whatever south American striker they find next to replace costa.

Didn't they get Mandzukic as the Diego Costa replacement...?

ArseneKnows-47

I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk about Artuto Vidal. If he is available then we should really do as much as we can to get him in to join his fellow countryman at the club. I'm sure that Sanchez could have a word or two. For me personally, he would be a dream signing for us.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Well, at least we now know that mandzukic was a good player all this time after all. Since you know, atleti signed him, and they know what they are doing.

Pies

Floating said:
ferrarif50hunt said:
If Di Maria does go to PSG, as looks likely... surely Cavani becomes available? We'd have to be all over that if it happens.

Why? They play in different positions.

You answered it yourself really...would make some sense that they could be wanting a player better suited to playing out wide than Cavani who has ended up there himself quite a bit. The cash for them doesn't matter as they could buy DiMaria and keep Cavani easily, just that Cavani I don't think wants to be stuck out wide all the time.

Of course that would likely leave them a bit short at CF in case Ibra went down...Lavezzi not really a CF for me, and Bahebeck is quite young.
We'll see though.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
ArseneKnows-47 said:
I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk about Artuto Vidal. If he is available then we should really do as much as we can to get him in to join his fellow countryman at the club. I'm sure that Sanchez could have a word or two. For me personally, he would be a dream signing for us.

Am also surprised that United seem to be almost uncontested with this. If city lose Yaya surely nobody better than Vidal? Would add some legs to Chelsea and PSG and Monaco could both benefit.

I am sold on Khedira but also am surprised that we haven't enquired.

truth_hurts

if the rumoured 32 million fee is correct then I would doubt that he is too expensive. Man U could be throwing huge wages at him though.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
SiMamu said:
Podolski has two years left, not one - he signed a four year contract when he joined, not a three years. His contract expires in 2016, not 2015.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk&t=1m21s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk&t=1m21s</a>

truth_hurts

Lets get Marco Reus in and add to the German contingent. 40m would get him in all likelihood and he may well be available. Send Gnabry on loan and or sell Podolski to the highest bidder. Lets stop this Loic Remy nonsense and save the 10m and 70k wages, reluctantly sell Podiolski for 8m and save his 90k wages and give the wage to Reus. Wenger is a fan and he is alot better than Benzema although a different player.

Forward options would then be: Sanchez, Reus, Theo, Ox, Giroud, Campbell. WOW!

Cazora, Ox and Wishere able to do the midfielder wide job although Reus, Campbell and Sanchez all work hard so not necessary.

Also buy Debuchy, Ospina and Khedira and we are the best team in the league.

-----------------------Szczsney---------------------------
--Debucy---------Mertesacker--Koscielny------------Gibbs--
-------------------Ramsey-------Khedira-------------------
--------Walcott----------Özil----------------Reus---------
------------------------Sanchez---------------------------
Subs: Ospina, Vermalen, Monreal, Diaby, Arteta, Wilshere, Ox, Santi,Campbell, Rosicky, Giroud.

Look at that bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now look at the first team. I felt a twinge.

Sell: Flamini, Coquellin, Miyaichi, Podolski.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

truth_hurts said:
Lets get Marco Reus in and add to the German contingent. 40m would get him in all likelihood and he may well be available. Send Gnabry on loan and or sell Podolski to the highest bidder. Lets stop this Loic Remy nonsense and save the 10m and 70k wages, reluctantly sell Podiolski for 8m and save his 90k wages and give the wage to Reus. Wenger is a fan and he is alot better than Benzema although a different player.

Forward options would then be: Sanchez, Reus, Theo, Ox, Giroud, Campbell. WOW!

Cazora, Ox and Wishere able to do the midfielder wide job although Reus, Campbell and Sanchez all work hard so not necessary.

Also buy Debuchy, Ospina and Khedira and we are the best team in the league.

-----------------------Szczsney---------------------------
--Debucy---------Mertesacker--Koscielny------------Gibbs--
-------------------Ramsey-------Khedira-------------------
--------Walcott----------Özil----------------Reus---------
------------------------Sanchez---------------------------
Subs: Ospina, Vermalen, Monreal, Diaby, Arteta, Wilshere, Ox, Santi,Campbell, Rosicky, Giroud.

Look at that bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now look at the first team. I felt a twinge.

Sell: Flamini, Coquellin, Miyaichi, Podolski.

This would be my idealistic wish too.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I fear reus is stalling in his development, already 24 needs to move to a top bracket, becaude he should be one of the best n his position. Similar trajectory to bale perhaps.

Sannei

mavelous said:
I fear reus is stalling in his development, already 24 needs to move to a top bracket, becaude he should be one of the best n his position. Similar trajectory to bale perhaps.
Reus just turned 25. I think he's already one of the best LW out there if not the best. Though I think the recognition for that is not as high as it should be, maybe because he plays in a league where if you aren't in Bayern's team then some don't take notice.

BVB want to keep him long term but I don't see it, next season at the most I think he will be gone. That said if he wants a move to La Liga or PL then he needs to do it soon, as the top teams in those leagues are consolidating their teams quickly. Infact Barca and Madrid have and there probably isn't a space for him anymore.

Top Bottom